Thread for news about my Lions

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Maria is smokin.....nothing else to add....but yeah, she's HOT!

maria-sharapova-modeling-pictures-3.JPG

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
The only thing slightly more appealing than that picture is the sound effects when she strikes the ball.

Remote Controller

Back on topic for the playoff bound Lions!

-- Lions Weightlifting Program in Question --
Mon Jun 22, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
SI.com's Peter King reports the revelation that Dallas Cowboys WR Roy Williams was never on a consistent weightlifting program in his life before this off-season doesn't reflect well on the Detroit Lions. Williams was traded from Detroit to Dallas during the 2008 season.
:eek

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I can't be real graphic anymore since my FL mouth/keyboard filter kicked in, but go look at the Melanie Griffith diner scene from When Harry Met Sally..

LOL

PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? (Coors Light commercial)

Back on topic for the playoff bound Lions!

-- Lions Weightlifting Program in Question --
Mon Jun 22, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
SI.com's Peter King reports the revelation that Dallas Cowboys WR Roy Williams was never on a consistent weightlifting program in his life before this off-season doesn't reflect well on the Detroit Lions. Williams was traded from Detroit to Dallas during the 2008 season.
:eek

Roy Williams also never saw a pass across the middle that he liked either. He definitely has the skill but he had to go. I would imagine the Lions are more consistent in the weight room, on the field and in the win column this year.

ExperiencedRookie

Roy Williams also never saw a pass across the middle that he liked either. He definitely has the skill but he had to go. I would imagine the Lions are more consistent in the weight room, on the field and in the win column this year.

Calvin Johnson saw all kinds of passes he liked last year from multiple crappy QBs.

Roy sucks.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Dawg. Meg Ryan not Melanie Griffith but other than that spot on.

I am both humbled and humiliated for botching that one. Oddly enough, I've confused those two on many occasions during my adult life for some reason.

I do know for 100% certainty that the dude across the table is Billy Crystal.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
How can you be more consistent then a perfect 0-16

NFL Network's Top 10 Worst Teams rated the 2008 Lions the #1 worst team of all time - ahead of the 1976-8 Bucs and their 26 game losing streak!

The rational was: No team has lost 16 straight games since the League increased the No. of games from 14 to 16 in 1978, until last year's Lions.

The Lions have no where to go but up. And I don't see them contending to take away the Bucs sadly well deserved #4 NFL record of all time - losing 26 games straight before finding a "W". To bad for Archie Manning and the NO Saints, they were the little ladies that gave us our first win.

Don't worry Lions, you have the offensive tools climb back up faster than we did!

I am both humbled and humiliated for botching that one. Oddly enough, I've confused those two on many occasions during my adult life for some reason.

I do know for 100% certainty that the dude across the table is Billy Crystal.

There is something rather similar about them isn't there. Is it a resemblance or is there something else?

There was someone else at the table? :grin:

NFL Network's Top 10 Worst Teams rated the 2008 Lions the #1 worst team of all time - ahead of the 1976-8 Bucs and their 26 game losing streak!

The rational was: No team has lost 16 straight games since the League increased the No. of games from 14 to 16 in 1978, until last year's Lions.

The Lions have no where to go but up. And I don't see them contending to take away the Bucs sadly well deserved #4 NFL record of all time - losing 26 games straight before finding a "W". To bad for Archie Manning and the NO Saints, they were the little ladies that gave us our first win.

Don't worry Lions, you have the offensive tools climb back up faster than we did!

All networks have a short memory and place emphasis (good or bad) on the recent. I faintly recall the losing streak for TB but at least that was in the teams infancy so it was always simply a matter of time.

Was Archie the best QB for a consistently bad team? Who else would contend?

Coachnorm

WR Northcutt To Lions

Lions agreed to trade SS Gerald Alexander to the Jaguars in exchange for WR Dennis Northcutt. Alexander, now recovered from a fractured vertebra suffered last October, failed to impress the new Lions staff even in a weak crowd at strong safety. Though Alexander is pure backup material on a quality defense, he could end up pushing moderately talented starter Sean Considine if he's truly at full health.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Lions agreed to trade SS Gerald Alexander to the Jaguars in exchange for WR Dennis Northcutt. Alexander, now recovered from a fractured vertebra suffered last October, failed to impress the new Lions staff even in a weak crowd at strong safety. Though Alexander is pure backup material on a quality defense, he could end up pushing moderately talented starter Sean Considine if he's truly at full health.

wow the Jags really wanted to get rid of northcut if they are going thru with this trade. Hope Northcutt can do better for the Lions than he did for the Jags.