Thread for news about my Lions

Remote Controller

I thought I was going to be able to slide this one by him.

Busted like a braless women in the dairy section!

Store Manager by trade. We had intercom codes for Hooters! :homer:

ExperiencedRookie

Why do we have to argue about every little thing Cooley? Can't we just get along?

This seems so black and white to me. Until someone wins the next SB, Pittsburgh remains the champs! Until someone proves they are worse than the Lions, Detroit remains the worst team in football.

It's the what have you done lately mentality. If it sticks for the Champs, then it sticks for the chumps.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Guys, guys, take it to the top of the staircase!

How about some middle ground and just agree that everyone as of this moment is undefeated and tied for first in their division?

Some of last year's best teams have depreciated on paper, and some of the bottom-dwellers have made significant improvements. The Lions obviously fit in the latter category, even though I disagreed with their draft strategy. These minor moves they're making now are helping more than the big splashes have. Let's see how this all translates between the hashes come September.

(Sorry, have to be more politically correct now. LOL)

ExperiencedRookie

How about some middle ground and just agree that everyone as of this moment is undefeated and tied for first in their division?

That's crap Wes. Sounds like this whole new generation Y thing is rubbing off on everyone. Participation and Sportsmanship trophies and awards. Screw that. Everyone is not equal.

As a Pitt fan you of all people should recognize that last season's efforts carry through the summer. You don't have last season's achievements or lack of wiped clean because it's OTA time.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I can edit your posts now, punk! haha

Not that I would, but still.

Trust me, I know full well who the NFL champions are until next February. I just don't feel the need to flaunt it because as soon as my boys lose in the playoffs someone (probably you) will dig out my post and quote it. LOL

ExperiencedRookie

Trust me, I know full well who the NFL champions are until next February. I just don't feel the need to flaunt it because as soon as my boys lose in the playoffs someone (probably you) will dig out my post and quote it. LOL

I only quote when it serves my purposes. Since you're agreeing with me here, you'll get a pass.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
You sir, truly are Experienced.

Now let's reroute ourselves back to the thread and give me your 2009 stat projections for Kevin Smith.

ExperiencedRookie

You sir, truly are Experienced.

Now let's reroute ourselves back to the thread and give me your 2009 stat projections for Kevin Smith.

Probably bigger than most. I'm not going to be surprised if this kid gets a huge workload in 09. 1400 total yards and 10 scores isn't a big stretch in my mind.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Probably bigger than most. I'm not going to be surprised if this kid gets a huge workload in 09. 1400 total yards and 10 scores isn't a big stretch in my mind.

Not only is it not a big stretch, but I think that may be his downside. He may be the best of the 2009 RB2's with a shot to attain late 1st/early 2nd round consideration for 2010. His role in the passing game will be something I'll be watching closely this fall.

Early indications are that Louis Delmas is even better than Lions imagined - Detroit Lions: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

Good news continues to leak out of Mo-Town about the rookie DB

Daniel Loper fighting to nail down Lions' left guard job - Detroit Lions: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

Considering the coach brought this guy in I suppose it is not to much of a surprise but would be interested in hearing from anyone who followed him in Tenn or at Texas Tech whether he is the long-term solution the staff has been referencing.

bobbeaux

Early indications are that Louis Delmas is even better than Lions imagined - Detroit Lions: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

Good news continues to leak out of Mo-Town about the rookie DB

Daniel Loper fighting to nail down Lions' left guard job - Detroit Lions: News, Blogs, Photos, Audio, Schedule & Stats - MLive.com

Considering the coach brought this guy in I suppose it is not to much of a surprise but would be interested in hearing from anyone who followed him in Tenn or at Texas Tech whether he is the long-term solution the staff has been referencing.

i don't know a lot about loper, but while researching for our mock drafts earlier this year i noticed that loper was the main b/u at both tackle spots last year for the titans . . . i think detroit got a solid player, but what surprises me is he only signed for 1 yr (unless i'm mistaken) . . . ;)

i don't know a lot about loper, but while researching for our mock drafts earlier this year i noticed that loper was the main b/u at both tackle spots last year for the titans . . . i think detroit got a solid player, but what surprises me is he only signed for 1 yr (unless i'm mistaken) . . . ;)

The new coach should definitely be able to gauge his talent having worked with him. I'll trust his analysis - it hasn't steered me wrong yet. :sunshine:

The 1 year deal may be an incentive to have Loper step up. Provide him with an opportunity to become a starter - if he does sign him long term but if he is going to remain a career back up his next contract will reflect that as well.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
This is funny. This thread has already lasted longer than the Lions hopes and dreams did last year. :thrash:

J/K CC. I couldn't resist. LOL

This is funny. This thread has already lasted longer than the Lions hopes and dreams did last year. :thrash:
J/K CC. I couldn't resist. LOL

Actually I am pleasantly surprised this thread has managed to stay as positive as it has. It does help that they are making moves to turn the corner.