Thread for news about my Lions

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Actually I am pleasantly surprised this thread has managed to stay as positive as it has. It does help that they are making moves to turn the corner.
Well lets face it...could they do worse? I mean you almost have to say they will be better right?dunno:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Actually I am pleasantly surprised this thread has managed to stay as positive as it has. It does help that they are making moves to turn the corner.

Yes they have. They will definitly be more competitive next year. Should make thanksgiving football a little more tolerable.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Wasn't surprised about the Delmas update. I was high on him leading up to the draft, but I really would've liked to see Detroit use that pick on one of the slipping O-linemen.

Wasn't surprised about the Delmas update. I was high on him leading up to the draft, but I really would've liked to see Detroit use that pick on one of the slipping O-linemen.

I wanted them to target Delmas as I considered their DB's a greater weakness than their O line. I was initially one of those who wanted the OT selection at #1 (that switched to Curry by draft time though) - I gotta say though whether by design or not they have picked up some nice OL adn LB upgrades since the draft so I am pretty happy with the final results.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I'm right there with ya. I believe we had dialogue about the Stafford pick being the wrong pick for them as opposed to Curry or Smith.

Hopefully Delmas can prove to be equally adept in coverage and run support. Helps in a division that features ADP, Forte, and Grant twice each.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I was wondering when you would make your token appearance. Thanks for participating and have a nice day.
:headscratch: You asked a question, I answered it. IF you felt this was dragging some other discussion in, you are sadly mistaken....again. That makes you 0-2.

My point is, that they were forced to make major moves in the offseason, especially in the front office. Why? Because the GM they had was a farce, and incapable of making good talent decisions. I honestly think you or I could have done better than Millen.

The fact that they realized also that the defense was in dire need was the signal to me. Foote may be on the tail end of his career....but his leadership and experience in winning and doing it right will go huge over to help the young players turn things around.

:headscratch: You asked a question, I answered it. IF you felt this was dragging some other discussion in, you are sadly mistaken....again. That makes you 0-2.

My point is, that they were forced to make major moves in the offseason, especially in the front office. Why? Because the GM they had was a farce, and incapable of making good talent decisions. I honestly think you or I could have done better than Millen.

The fact that they realized also that the defense was in dire need was the signal to me. Foote may be on the tail end of his career....but his leadership and experience in winning and doing it right will go huge over to help the young players turn things around.

I don't keep score but I know I have been wrong more than twice. Just don't let anyone who may be currently worshipping me know that.

Quite frankly Millen was the scapegoat. Not denying the entire organization had problems but Millen was merely the poster boy. I clearly remember several of his drafts rec'd positive feedback at the time only to change when the players did not pan out. He was in the hot seat so the blame comes with the territory.

Foote, Jackson, and Hicks are hopefully the senior veterans the younger players need.

Remote Controller

I am an odd sort. I will cheer for ANY NFC Norse team FIRST. I want the Bears, The Vikes, and the Lions to kick butt. It makes my Pack look better. I am also a Big 10, and Big 12 Fan the same way. I am tickled pink that the Lions finally can move on, out from under Millens shadow. I long for the year when the whole Division made the playoffs!@!! Mitchell, Moore, and FONTeS BABY!!!

Remote Controller

Wow, that was quite a while ago. What sweet memories.
I can't include the Bucs in my love circle though. I didn't like them. I want the Lions to win every game except against my Packers. My second favorite team is the Bears. Sayers was unbelievable, and the Bears have the best team ever for their, what was it, 86 version? GO NORSE!:ribbon:

I can't include the Bucs in my love circle though. I didn't like them. I want the Lions to win every game except against my Packers. My second favorite team is the Bears. Sayers was unbelievable, and the Bears have the best team ever for their, what was it, 86 version? GO NORSE!:ribbon:

I didn't/don't hate the Buc's but lets face it they never belonged in the "Norse" division.

As much as I would like to say Barry was the best RB but it wasn't Sayers but Walter P who was the poster boy for GOAT

Remote Controller

I didn't/don't hate the Buc's but lets face it they never belonged in the "Norse" division.

As much as I would like to say Barry was the best RB but it wasn't Sayers but Walter P who was the poster boy for GOAT
Barry was good. Why Wayne wouldn't let him take it that final two more often floors me. he would have gotten wht ever he needed. The only reason he got caught behind the line soooo much, was that sooooo often he would take it the whole distance because of his improv. Had he gotten the chance to take it twoo more often, he would have done that with ease also. Saying all that, i still give the best ever to the guy that did the best ever. EMMITT! He didn't have the God given athleticism of many of the top, but he did have a fire that burned inside him, and he was the best in my opinion.

Barry was good. Why Wayne wouldn't let him take it that final two more often floors me. he would have gotten wht ever he needed. The only reason he got caught behind the line soooo much, was that sooooo often he would take it the whole distance because of his improv. Had he gotten the chance to take it twoo more often, he would have done that with ease also. Saying all that, i still give the best ever to the guy that did the best ever. EMMITT! He didn't have the God given athleticism of many of the top, but he did have a fire that burned inside him, and he was the best in my opinion.

Don't even mention that pretender on a Lion thread. E was all about that Dallas line. Something Barry and Walter P never had. I was a little happy that Barry retired rather than beat Walters yardage record - thought that was class recognizing the better player. E preferred to stick it out in Ari. so he could retire as the great pretender.