WTF - Trent Richardson

Trickster

So what is everyone's thoughts on McGahee if he signs with Cleveland? Just like everyone else though, I am kind of thinking WTF is going on here?!

gizzil

It should be interesting to see if they just throw Richardson out there... On the team where I got him (via auto draft) Im not sure I have 2 backs to field a team now

Trickster

Yeah I stashed him...then my brother picked up the other 2 backs. For my sake, I hope McGahee goes in there and tears it up. As for Richardson, I think he is going to thrive in Indy...I'm kind of sad I don't have him on my team

ExperiencedRookie

Well, the Giants passed on McGahee in favor of Brandon Jacobs, if that tells you anything...
Maybe both RBs are washed up and the NYG did the sentimental thing and settled on Jacobs. Or maybe he still has a sound grasp on their pass protections and offense. Hmmmm. Who knows.

preeti222

Rotoworld says that the Browns brought in Willis McGahee today for a physical and are expected to sign him. McGahee was running well last year before injuring his knee. I know he is 31 and running backs can hit the wall quickly but I was surprised that no one had already signed him. I thought he would have made more sense for the Giants than the clearly washed-up Brandon Jacobs. The fact that McGahee had not already been signed by someone is a red flag but I guess we will see if he has anything left.

With that said, I think the trade is a really stupid move by the Browns

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My point of view:
NFL value = Cleveland - they have realized that a RB won't be enough to win in this league, and while they have invested in young Wrs, the Qb they have won't meet the need. Making this move will make them near the top to get first pick, so they can go young Qb with their pick, and then use the later pick from Indy to secure a new Rb. I also think that Trent may be banged up again some...and Cleveland has realized he isn't durable enough to carry a team. That is just my supposition.
NFL value = Indy - Win. They will be at best a mid round pick and at worst a low round pick. They have a solid tool, that with Bradshaw they can combine to have a solid run game to take pressure off of Luck.

Fantasy wise - cut all cleveland players.
Indy - I actually think Richardson gets a bump, obviously Bradshaw takes a hit. Not sure if this hurts wrs or not. Doubt it though.

A

Axe Elf

According to Mark Schwab of CBS-19 and 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland, Richardson said a friend called him asking if he’d been traded. He told his friend to “shut up” and hung up the phone, but when he turned on his radio he learned that he had, in fact, been dealt to the Colts.

LOL

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Anyone think you could be seeing a RBBC approach in Indy the rest of the year? Bradshaw is obviously no slouch and if kept healthy (limited workload could help here) he can be very effective (see yesterday against a good run D, he had a nice day). TRich is obviously the future here, but could Bradshaw cut into his numbers enough to keep Richardson from realizing his true ceiling this year?

ExperiencedRookie

Anyone think you could be seeing a RBBC approach in Indy the rest of the year? Bradshaw is obviously no slouch and if kept healthy (limited workload could help here) he can be very effective (see yesterday against a good run D, he had a nice day). TRich is obviously the future here, but could Bradshaw cut into his numbers enough to keep Richardson from realizing his true ceiling this year?
That's so hard to tell. This game went almost as anyone could have predicted. Trent didn't own the carries or do a ton with what he was given. Bradshaw knows the play book and pass protections better, hence being on the field more. Plus, he was running MAD yesterday. They seemed determined to get him in the endzone yesterday.

This is a tough one to read. If Bradshaw is running good, he'll get action. It also allows Indy to have the offense that they really wanted to have coming into this season, which was run heavy.

I think if Im a Trent owner Im going to sell high while his name is hot. Bradshaw will be a thorn in the side

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That's so hard to tell. This game went almost as anyone could have predicted. Trent didn't own the carries or do a ton with what he was given. Bradshaw knows the play book and pass protections better, hence being on the field more. Plus, he was running MAD yesterday. They seemed determined to get him in the endzone yesterday.

This is a tough one to read. If Bradshaw is running good, he'll get action. It also allows Indy to have the offense that they really wanted to have coming into this season, which was run heavy.

I think if Im a Trent owner Im going to sell high while his name is hot. Bradshaw will be a thorn in the side
In a re-draft, that may be the best move. In a dynasty or keeper league format, I would still hold.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
:nod: It's only a matter of time until Bradshaw is injured again. No way I'd deal T-Rich in a long term setting.

A

Axe Elf

I would swear that at one point in that game, I saw Bradshaw kind of kick the ground in frustration and then fall to his knees with an exclamation of disgust--as if he had hurt his foot again--but then he was back in there as if nothing had happened.

So I guess he didn't... but it sure looked like he did.