WTF - Trent Richardson

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
WTF is EXACTLY what I was just thinking......not sure I get this one on either side. Guess they don't like Bradshaw much? Browns looking at future for sure...

Arctic Dawgs

Hoyer over Campbell. Weeden told he may not be starter when he returns

Magahee coming in for physical

Can you say 1st overall in 2014 draft

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
so....long term I think this helps Richardson's value....thoughts?

What about short term....if not Willis, who in the hell will carry the ball in Cleveland?

bodey24

Staff member
This makes no sense to me. The browns are now competing with Jax for Teddy Bridgewater and even if they get him he will have no run game so it will be hard for him to succeed... But I guess that's Cleveland for you.

Arctic Dawgs

On a side note bump your Cle IDPs, Skrine, Jackson, Gipson, Owens, Bryant, Robertson, Sheard, Kruger, ..........

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
I like this trade for Cleveland. It's a tough thing to tell those fans to wait another year, but...they were already bad, stuck with Weeden or worse for th rest of the year. I don't think running with Trent Richardson necessarily equals championship football. Everybody assumes the Colts' pick will be low, but I'm not so sure. I'm sure they'll be okay this year in a weak conference, but Grigson (or maybe Irsay) seems to be such a fan of the big, dumb splash move that they're using up their opportunity costs little by little.

As to your concern, bodey, this is the 2013 NFL. Who says you need a stud RB to effectively run the ball? If you find the right role players to fit what you want to do on offense, you could find anybody with decent blocking.

I think Indy comes out ahead in the short-term, but Cleveland wins in the long-term.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
Exactly what level of talent has Trent Richardson proven? He's hardly seemed transcendent--he's no AD, that's for sure.

bodey24

Staff member
Exactly what level of talent has Trent Richardson proven? He's hardly seemed transcendent--he's no AD, that's for sure.

It's not exactly easy to run in the NFL with no passing game. I'm guessing he will be pretty good in Indy with Luck at QB.

Escrow

It's not exactly easy to run in the NFL with no passing game. I'm guessing he will be pretty good in Indy with Luck at QB.

Exactly....298 Rushes for 1,055 yards, 58 catches for 498 isnt awful.....in 17 games with 0 passing presence. He will shine in Indy and goes from a pretender to a potential playoff contender and/or Super Bowl in the next few years in a weak AFC.