FA Signing: who will be first

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow, not sure what to make of that, if he is back and fully healthy, that is a nice move with McFadden being change of pace

jjtweeks

i know theres alot of talk about Raiders making bad moves but i think this is a great fit for both parties invovled. MJD will get a chance to prove himself with marginal competiton ad Raiders get a still competent RB hopefully at a decent price. I think MJD is not washed up but just had a bad year. Stinks that he goes from one unsuccesful team to another. He's only got 1 year in age and one years worth of carries more than Forte so it's possible he has some gas left in the tank. I have to try and build him up since i picked him up on dynasty team:rolleyes:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well color me different. IMO it's nearly the last thing that this poorly run ball club needed. An old RB with tons of mileage isn't going to do a dam thing to help this club rebuild. Thus far they've signed a QB that was benched last year in favor of a nobody and a wore out RB that wasn't wanted by the team that knew him best. Says a lot for the idiot running the show in Oakland. We only though Al was rock bottom his last few years.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Knowshon to Miami.

I like this move for both sides. I know some are still buying the hype on Miller....I am not. For one, Moreno is a lock to play on passing downs due to his pass blocking skills. This should help a rebuilding OLine. Rushing wise, he may split with Miller some, but while not spectacular, he has turned into a solid option.

I think he upgrades this team overall and increases the value of all other Dolphin offensive players not named Miller and Thomas.

A whopping 80% of KnowShows carries last season came against 6 man fronts or less and he won't have that luxery in Miami. He'll be a bust for the Fish. Although he was 13th in the league in total carries last year he ranked 53rd with the number of totes against a 7 man box. Welcome to the real world Moreno, one without Manning to save your butt.

jjtweeks

Yea all the signings are head shakers but the MJD deal would have made more sense if they let Faddy go. That was the biggest mistake of all resigning him and i see what your sayin about having all the half a$%^# players on the team.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
A whopping 80% of KnowShows carries last season came against 6 man fronts or less and he won't have that luxery in Miami. He'll be a bust for the Fish. Although he was 13th in the league in total carries last year he ranked 53rd with the number of totes against a 7 man box. Welcome to the real world Moreno, one without Manning to save your butt.
And of those 80% vs a 6 man front, how many of those were with no inline TE on no FB blocking for him? You can talk about how many are in the box, but unless you also talk about how many are in the box blocking for the RB then your not telling the whole story.

Moreneo will come down to expectations.....if you expect a top 10 back like last year you are a fool and will be disappointed. If you expect a 15-20 ranked rb who can get you 1200-1300 combined and 6-8 tds I think you will be satisfied.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
With Blount in Pittsburgh, I see his value dropping like a rock. He will be back up to Bell, not a change of pace or short yardage back. Just the 2nd bull in the shop if Bell misses alot of time.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If you expect a 15-20 ranked rb who can get you 1200-1300 combined and 6-8 tds I think you will be satisfied.

Why would I expect 1200-1300 combined yards in a season when to date the only year he's done such is was last year when defenses begged Denver to run and not throw by playing soft run defenses?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Guess we'll see.....only thing that will keep him from it is injuries which is a big concern, but he stay pretty healthy last year. And you don't have to expect it, I hope most don't, makes him a better value for me ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
With Blount in Pittsburgh, I see his value dropping like a rock. He will be back up to Bell, not a change of pace or short yardage back. Just the 2nd bull in the shop if Bell misses alot of time.
Yeah, not sure I get that one......seem to be pretty similar to me. But would make me a little nervous about Bell as well.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why would I expect 1200-1300 combined yards in a season when to date the only year he's done such is was last year when defenses begged Denver to run and not throw by playing soft run defenses?
Also, just looked, he was within 50 yds of that number in both 10' and 11'.

So he has went over 1150 combined yds in 3 of his 5 seasons. In 2011 he did it in just 13 games. The 2 seasons he did not come close to playing 16 games.

And he only had Manning for 1 of the 3 years he hit those numbers.

More I look, the more reasonable those numbers appear.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
We're throwing grenades now? Maybe it's horse shoes? He hit the numbers you predicted once and it was a year when Manning was his QB. It won't happen in Miami. He will however be a great blocking back on pass plays. Now if 3 out of 5 is almost good enough then wouldn't two injured years out of five be of some concern? Grab him Miller, I won't be expecting much like most other NFL clubs that had no interest in him when he was on the market. Good luck to you and I mean that. I've got nothing against him.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I like the addition of James Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew along with Matt Schaub and Justin Tuck,

James Jones can mentor the young WR's Denarius Moore, Rod Streeter and Andre Holmes

Schuab needs to put last season behind him, if he can do that he will do fine, the signing of Schuab also means the 1.05 pick wont be wasted on a QB.

Tekie-
RB Latavius Murray was injured all last season, i predict L.Murray will get his shot when McFaddy goes down in week #4 with a season ending hang nail.

Get another FB so Marcel Reece can move to RB

I heard WR Jacoby Ford was sent packing this weekend.

Terrelle "The Project" Pryor has let the Raiders top brass know he wants to be traded or released, his days in Oakland are all but done.

Im hoping the Raiders use the 1.05 pick on WR Sammy Watkins

Last edited: