FA Signing: who will be first

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, free agency is about to begin....

Who do we think will be first?

I will throw out there Brandon Albert OT from KC going to Miami, as shared by PFT - he is already updating his Twitter account to watch many of the Miami players. No, I ain't joking. rumors of his having a contract worked out already have been rampant.

Any others?

On side notes:
1) rumor is Darren Sproles will be cut by N.O.
2) Rumor is Darrell Revis is going to be cut by Tampa Bay.
3) Rumor is Steve Smith Wr Car is also a gonner. Don't feel bad though, he will get $3million from Carolina guaranteed, plus whatever he gets from new team. They didn't include offset language in his deal.
4) Michael Bennett will remain a Seahawk
5) Santonio Holmes was cut from Jets

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
okay supposedly Washington has an agreement in place with Andre Roberts formerly of Arizona
Adam Vinatieri has resigned with colts for 2 years

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay now being reported by ESPN that DE Michael Johnson formerly of the Bengals is off to Tampa Bay.

Again, FA officially does not start until 4pm EDT. However, per the memo, they can negotiate, just can't formally sign a deal until 4pm today.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Houston has released or will release Owen Daniels Te.
Hillis re-signing with Giants
Brandon Tate Wr re-signs with Bengals
Steelers supposedly to cut Lb Woodley

efactor

Coming at you
Lions sign Joique Bell to a 3year deal

I have always liked Bell. Couldn't understand why the Lions didn't utilize him more in 2012 when LeShore was their starter.

From a fantasy perspective, I am interested to see where Tate ends up. Looks like Cleveland, which could be a good situation since they seem to be working on their defense, have a decent OL and want to work on ball control but still have enough of a passing threat with Gordon and Cameron to keep defenses honest.

Also interested on what happens to Nicks. Keep hearing Carolina which means he would definitely be the man there (until he's injured anyway). I wouldn't overpay, but he could be a nice #3 receiver.

Phicinfan

Administrator
live chat on ESPN, says NO ONE is working on Nicks, he has a lot of heat and fear due to injury and such

Phicinfan

Administrator
Just reported that Edelman and NE could not work a deal, and he will try his hand on the FA market

Phicinfan

Administrator
okay evidently the Bucs requested Revis to renegotiate, he said no, and also said he won't take less to be traded. Looks like he will be cut and be an FA.
Donte Whitner S formerly of SF is off to Cleveland by reports - huge move for Cleveland

Phicinfan

Administrator
Denver keeps WR....................................................................................................Andre Caldwell :D

jjtweeks

thanks for all the updates Phi
I love the Bell deal. GUy is still an explosive player and I hope he gets more than his share this season

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Gabbert to San Fran for 6th round pick...wtf...

Also Gabbert will make 1 mil more than Colin K this year

efactor

Coming at you
okay evidently the Bucs requested Revis to renegotiate, he said no, and also said he won't take less to be traded. Looks like he will be cut and be an FA.
Donte Whitner S formerly of SF is off to Cleveland by reports - huge move for Cleveland

There's a reason SF didn't try to resign Whitner
Gabbert to San Fran for 6th round pick...wtf...

Also Gabbert will make 1 mil more than Colin K this year

Obviously, Harbaugh sees something in the kid he likes and feels a late 6th is worth checking him out. If he doesn't pan out, nothing lost really.

Not many who thought much of Alex Smith when Harbaugh got there and he made him into a serviceable QB who he ended up trading for 2 2nd rounders. Harbaugh is an ass, but he knows his QBs...........