The Notre Dame is going to a BCS Bowl Game Thread

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Now its "Notre Dame still sucks but they're gonna win 9 or 10 games but the teams arent' good enough to get them into a BCS bowl."

I never said they would win that many games....

FYI....you need to add MongerKhan and nicholete to your list....

Can't edit anymore so I'll repost it here:

WesDawg
Sgt. John
12guagetimmy
Cerberus
Bodey
MtTacWA
MongerKhan
Nicholete
mudloggerone

Last edited by a moderator:
You just said that the computer rankings will kill their chances. In order for them to be able to have the computer rankings even matter then they'll have to win at least 8 or 9 games right? So basically yes you are saying that they will win more games then when this discussion first began

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
My first post on the subject....

To A Bowl Game?....yes, I can see that happening....

To A BCS Game?.....sorry, don't see that happening.

7-8 Wins will get them in a bowl game. I said nothing about them getting 9-10 wins.

I said with these so called experts predictions of a 9-10 Wins Season, the Computers will keep them out of a BCS Bowl Game.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
And if you look at the Navy schedule, it is harder than ND schedule is. Navy does have 3 easy games but considering they aren't a push over as people think they are and they strive on being the underdog. What other team out there do you see starting the season with a tough game? They start the season right off with a game that should be scheduled much later in the season. They got a tougher year ahead of them then ND. And as tough as that schedule is, they still won't get the recognition they deserve because of who they are.

NAVY OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE - Football

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
At the end of the season, either a few will be eating crow or alot of us will have a big helping of WTF, ND did what ? LOL

This will be the first year in a long time i have actually paid any attention to ND besides how many games they lose and who they lose to. Wait, thats exactley what i'll be doing again this year. It will be interesting to see how a team with 5-7 loses makes the BCS title game. That means Oklahoma, Texas, and the other top 20 are going to have horrible years. Not going to happen.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Look at it this way and this is why i believe ND has a better chance to solve the economic hell we are in than go to the BCS championship game. Just in the top 10 alone there are some top notch quality teams. Take the top 5, all together they will not lose the required amount of games for ND to jump up in the top 5. Even if the top 5 all lost 4 games a piece, well that leaves 6-10 to replace them. And last i checked ND is not in the top 10 or hell not even in the top 15 or even 20. So it breaks down like this, number 2 thru 19 -22 (forgot ND ranking at this time) has to lose 6-8 eight games each just for ND to jump all the way up to the 2 spot. Now crazy stuff has happened but this is kinda far fetched esp with ND playing such a cup cake season. In NDs first game they will be tested and that should give us all a feeling for how they are going to be. They over look Nevada and it will be a long season for some ND fans.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Look at it this way and this is why i believe ND has a better chance to solve the economic hell we are in than go to the BCS championship game. Just in the top 10 alone there are some top notch quality teams. Take the top 5, all together they will not lose the required amount of games for ND to jump up in the top 5. Even if the top 5 all lost 4 games a piece, well that leaves 6-10 to replace them. And last i checked ND is not in the top 10 or hell not even in the top 15 or even 20. So it breaks down like this, number 2 thru 19 -22 (forgot ND ranking at this time) has to lose 6-8 eight games each just for ND to jump all the way up to the 2 spot. Now crazy stuff has happened but this is kinda far fetched esp with ND playing such a cup cake season. In NDs first game they will be tested and that should give us all a feeling for how they are going to be. They over look Nevada and it will be a long season for some ND fans.

Both of us are thinking alike....

BTW.....ND is ranked 23rd in both polls. Just for shits and giggles, I was curious to check the Yahoo User Rankings....they are now 33rd where last week I remember them at 56th. Must be all the ND fans who are actually computer literate jumping on the Holtz bandwagon...

College Football - Team Ranker Results - Rivals.com