Sept. 5 NEVADA
Sept. 12 at Michigan
Sept. 19 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 26 at Purdue
Oct. 3 WASHINGTON
Oct. 10 Open Date
Oct. 17 USC
Oct. 24 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 31 vs. Washington State (at San Antonio, Texas)
Nov. 7 NAVY
Nov. 14 at Pittsburgh
Nov. 21 CONNECTICUT
Nov. 28 at Stanford

Catching USC at the perfect time, but still don't see enough wins to warrant a BCS bid, not that a BCS bid means much.

Can't see it happening

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
The funny thing about games that are labeled as "Winnable" are usually the ones that are more likely "Loseable".

Mike

Administrator
What are the tough games here? @ Pitt and USC. All these games are very winnable.

Tough games? for Notre Dame, most of them will be tough. Not saying the game are not winnable, but it will be tough to win enough of them to earn a BCS game.

Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Boston College, Washington St, Pitt, and even Navy will be tough matchups for Notre Dame. Would not be surprised at all to see 3-4 losses from this group alone. On top of that, Notre Dame has shown nothing to indicate that they won't slip up against the remaining teams on their schedule either.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Tough games? for Notre Dame, most of them will be tough. Not saying the game are not winnable, but it will be tough to win enough of them to earn a BCS game.

Michigan, Michigan State, USC, Boston College, Washington St, Pitt, and even Navy will be tough matchups for Notre Dame. Would not be surprised at all to see 3-4 losses from this group alone. On top of that, Notre Dame has shown nothing to indicate that they won't slip up against the remaining teams on their schedule either.

Nicely said Mike, er Moose, er MIke, oh whatever it is now. With what you said , that is a possible 7 loses. It can happen, esp with ND. I would also add Nevada to the list of possible loses. I'll be more suprised if ND beats Navy than if it is the other way around. And i don't think general mills can make enough Lucky charms for ND to make a BCS bowl game this year. Sounds like ND and their fans had an over load of fruit loops.

Please add me to this list. Notre Dame sucks and Chris sucks.

And a hearty welcome back to you too. LOL

Early bowl game prediction. In the dec 14th game for that teams that suck will pit ND/Syracuse against each other.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Nicely said Mike, er Moose, er MIke, oh whatever it is now. With what you said , that is a possible 7 loses. It can happen, esp with ND. I would also add Nevada to the list of possible loses. I'll be more suprised if ND beats Navy than if it is the other way around. And i don't think general mills can make enough Lucky charms for ND to make a BCS bowl game this year. Sounds like ND and their fans had an over load of fruit loops.

A classic post....

:respect:

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
"Beano Cook, who I have worried about over the last few years, confirmed today that he is officially crazy."

I've known that for years. That's why I don't listen to him as much as I do my mother....and it's been 32 years since that time...

"Beano’s two previous correct National Championship predictions were Texas and LSU.

And so did everyone else...

I don't know why I wasted my time reading that....

Last edited:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If ND played Penn St. 12 times a year, and Beano was forced at gunpoint to predict each team's final record, he'd put them both at 0-0-12.

Please let me know when an unbiased "expert" makes a projection like this.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I bought his magazine for the first time this year. Let me dig it out and see what it says, after I sift through all the shorthand.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
"If Charlie Weis can’t win this year, the Irish might have to start scheduling pathetic teams like Nevada, Washington, Washington St and Navy. Oh wait, they have already sunk to that level? That’s right. Dude, you have to win against this schedule if you expect to keep your job. No excuses for Weis this year."

Pathetic Teams?

Nevada: If Notre Dame is so great, and Nevada is so pathetic, the Irish right now should be at least a 28 point favor to win.....right now the betting line is 14.

Washington: The Huskies were taken down by another of Notre Dame failures....Ty Willingham (rephrase that...the program was already towards the gutter...Ty flushed it into Lake Union). New Coach, New Attitude....will see how pathetic the Huskies are by this time in the season.
BTW....Southern Cal game is after UW...the Irish most likely be too worried about USC...

Washington St: At least he's got one right....the Cougars are pathetic. WSU will "Coug it".. coug it - Wiktionary

Navy: Six consecutive winning seasons, six consecutive bowl games, six consecutive Commander-In-Chief's trophies....(and yes, I will be biased on this one. As a 21 Year Navy Vet, I will proudly back the Middies).

If the Irish are projected to be so great this year, then why nobody else is saying so? By this time of year, at least half of the Sporting World (at least the one's with credibility) would be picking them to go to a BCS Title Game. So far, only 3 have said so .....and two of them should be working for Looney Tunes.....

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Just an FYI, the pathetic teams remark was Colin Cowherd's not Phil Steele's

Noted....

Phil Steele’s Five Surprise Teams: 4. Notre Dame

"....
only play four real road games in their cupcake schedule..."

And this will be the Irish downfall....Computer Rankings will kill their chances...

These arguments are starting to crumble. At first it was "Notre Dame sucks they'll be lucky to win 5 games. Now its "Notre Dame still sucks but they're gonna win 9 or 10 games but the teams arent' good enough to get them into a BCS bowl."

If Notre Dame is eligible, they will get in plain and simple. Too much t.v. money