The Notre Dame is going to a BCS Bowl Game Thread

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
BTW.....ND is ranked 23rd in both polls. Just for shits and giggles, I was curious to check the Yahoo User Rankings....they are now 33rd where last week I remember them at 56th. Must be all the ND fans who are actually computer literate jumping on the Holtz bandwagon...

College Football - Team Ranker Results - Rivals.com

Been checking this everyday. ND got as high as 31st, but is now back to 53rd....sucks to be the Irish :grin:

maverick824

i'm actually surprised this hasn't been brought up by the biggest ND homer on this board....

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm fairly certain that there's a clause in the BCS deal somewhere explicitly for ND.......if they win 10 games, I'm fairly certain that they go to a BCS game regardless of rank, i think they're the only independent with this clause, because Notre Dame is obviously the best independent by far concerning scheduling and the like......if someone can post a link or something clarifying or shooting this down, I'd actually like to know if it still exists, but I'm fairly certain ND is a lock BCS team at 10 wins......

maverick824

okay, let me go ahead and correct myself, since I googled it after the fact....this is cut n paste.....

4. Notre Dame will have an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

so yeah, with their schedule.......I think they can afford a loss to USC and still get there......I don't think two losses is going to cut it......

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
claussen-queer-eye.jpg