The Lineup Dr. 2013

gizzil

I am working tomorrow til 10, and have to work early Sunday so trying to get this one in... I also probably am carrying some garbage I don't need to be here, although I can't believe Jennings is as complete garb as we got last week. Also still trying to deal a QB, and still elan towards dealing Cam if possible. This is the one where it's a point per 15 yards for skill positions, and a point per 50 yards for QB, but the QB gets 6 for TDs. Also team DEF get more points then a standard league, though IDP are usually somewhat low point getters... You've always helped me know who to drop and have a gem pickup up your sleeve when I panic unduly!! So here goes, Thank you Chris!!!

QB Ryan v. STL (I may actually lean Newton here... ATL is scaring me and Newton vs. Bills)
WR Antonio Brown @ CIN (he's still not sittable, right?)
WR DeSean jackson v SD
RB Trent Richardson @Bal
RB Alfred Morris @ GB (more disaster maybe... I didn't want this guy on my team at all)
TE Vernon Davis @SEA ( maybe pickup my guy Cameron)
W/R/T Joique Bell (maybe I'm too high on him)
K Janikowski v. Jax
DEF Carolina @BUF (waiver pickup, figure this may work)
D Janoris Jenkins @ATL (risky)
D Tim Jennings v. MIN

BN Cam @Buffalo
BN Jennings @ CHI
BN Tavon Austin @ ATL (bum last week)
BN Lance Moore @ TB (maybe the drop
BN Le'Veon Bell (not playing, figured a good stash)

fireschwartz

Thanks for the love folks however its been mathematically proven that I am inferior in my picks compared to others so I really don't see the point of this thread anymore. Getting out before I'm sued for malpractice.
Chris, I really hope you are not serious about this. I depend on your advice as the Line-Up Doctor more than I can put into words. You have directed me to the best line up almost every time I have asked you for your help. If forced to guess, I would say 9.5 times out of 10.

Statistics can be twisted to prove any results that are desired. That is a fact. Please don't let someone with an ego beyond the comprehension of the universe stop you from doing this great feature of Sports Outlaw.

I hope you are not serious about discontinuing this, but if you are, will it be ok to PM you with line up questions in the future?

Thanks, Ken

fireschwartz

Axe, I like your insights and opinions about FF. Please keep posting them in the other forums. Your knowledge and experience are good to hear about...

But you are an egotistical ******* whose opinions are not wanted in this feature of SO.

If you feel the need to comment about what I have said, PM me. Don't do it here.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Doctor, doctor, give US the news
We've got bad cases of needin' you
No Practitioner gonna cure our ills
We've got bad cases of needin' you

My thanks and apologies to Mr. Robert Palmer for the use of his song.

I'll get us going then.

I rarely dig into the well, but I've been contemplating a change in my flex this week.

0.5 PPR. Have Reggie Bush in there right now, but have had a few moments of weakness for Eddie Lacy?

Stick with what's worked so far or gamble with Lacy over Reggie?

Reggie...even after getting dinged up he still looked good. Plenty of stats to go around to support Bush and Bell most weeks I suspect. Lacy as a gamble is a pretty unspectacular one. Not the type of runner who I think will go off and win a week by himself- Bush is

I am working tomorrow til 10, and have to work early Sunday so trying to get this one in... I also probably am carrying some garbage I don't need to be here, although I can't believe Jennings is as complete garb as we got last week. Also still trying to deal a QB, and still elan towards dealing Cam if possible. This is the one where it's a point per 15 yards for skill positions, and a point per 50 yards for QB, but the QB gets 6 for TDs. Also team DEF get more points then a standard league, though IDP are usually somewhat low point getters... You've always helped me know who to drop and have a gem pickup up your sleeve when I panic unduly!! So here goes, Thank you Chris!!!

QB Ryan v. STL (I may actually lean Newton here... ATL is scaring me and Newton vs. Bills)
WR Antonio Brown @ CIN (he's still not sittable, right?)
WR DeSean jackson v SD
RB Trent Richardson @Bal
RB Alfred Morris @ GB (more disaster maybe... I didn't want this guy on my team at all)
TE Vernon Davis @SEA ( maybe pickup my guy Cameron)
W/R/T Joique Bell (maybe I'm too high on him)
K Janikowski v. Jax
DEF Carolina @BUF (waiver pickup, figure this may work)
D Janoris Jenkins @ATL (risky)
D Tim Jennings v. MIN

BN Cam @Buffalo
BN Jennings @ CHI
BN Tavon Austin @ ATL (bum last week)
BN Lance Moore @ TB (maybe the drop
BN Le'Veon Bell (not playing, figured a good stash)

I do like Cam over Ryan this week-both Jones and White aching and Stephen Jackson facing off against old team feels like a dud.

Put Moore in over Antonio Brown. People forget that Moore is hugely inconsistent but this week has the big Moore game feel to it. Subpar game last week and Revis on Colston...Cincy can and should be able to shut down Brown

Coachnorm

I do like Cam over Ryan this week-both Jones and White aching and Stephen Jackson facing off against old team feels like a dud.

Put Moore in over Antonio Brown. People forget that Moore is hugely inconsistent but this week has the big Moore game feel to it. Subpar game last week and Revis on Colston...Cincy can and should be able to shut down Brown
Some nice insight there!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
A WR question for you Doc. if I may. Standard scoring, Non-ppr.

An injured Julio Jones. a gimpy Cecil Shorts with his new QB, or Michael Floyd vs high flying Detroit. I need one. Fitzgerald may not play and if he doesn't I like Floyd as the Cards are going to have to throw it to keep up. But I won't know if Fitz is going to play until 14:00 hours leaving me having to start Floyd or Shorts if I sit Julio.

Speaking of injured Julio, we've both had him a couple of years now and my experience with him is that he's not much good when he's hurt. Did you observe the same over last season.

Anyway a lot of thinking going on here.

A WR question for you Doc. if I may. Standard scoring, Non-ppr.

An injured Julio Jones. a gimpy Cecil Shorts with his new QB, or Michael Floyd vs high flying Detroit. I need one. Fitzgerald may not play and if he doesn't I like Floyd as the Cards are going to have to throw it to keep up. But I won't know if Fitz is going to play until 14:00 hours leaving me having to start Floyd or Shorts if I sit Julio.

Speaking of injured Julio, we've both had him a couple of years now and my experience with him is that he's not much good when he's hurt. Did you observe the same over last season.

Anyway a lot of thinking going on here.

My experience with Julio has been the same as yours. I love seeing his name on my roster before the games start,but just can't seem to gain the consistency needed to become elite.

I've been saying I think Ryan has a down week and as you said yourself Jones is prone to completely disappearing from the box score.

Shorts will need to prove himself viable in 2013 before he'd be starting for me.

Floyd was already a nice play for this week even with Fitzgerald playing. I say start Floyd and all you have to worry about is being happy with his good game opposite Fitz or elated with the monster game as the Cards #1.

My experience with Julio has been the same as yours. I love seeing his name on my roster before the games start,but just can't seem to gain the consistency needed to become elite.

I've been saying I think Ryan has a down week and as you said yourself Jones is prone to completely disappearing from the box score.

Shorts will need to prove himself viable in 2013 before he'd be starting for me.

Floyd was already a nice play for this week even with Fitzgerald playing. I say start Floyd and all you have to worry about is being happy with his good game opposite Fitz or elated with the monster game as the Cards #1.

Yikes...Going to take a pretty big game for Floyd :oops: