TE Hernandez involved in Homicide investigation

Escrow

A warrant has been issued for his arrest

For Obstruction of justice....I really feel that murder charges are around the corner. I also think there is going to be some critical evidence found in those rental cars(if not found already)

gizzil

Basically the obstruction charge gets him in for interrogation and a good squeeze, so they can tell him they have evidence which they may or may not have, and that he will be an accessory if he doesn't roll or they will go easier on him if it is him responsible. My guess would be he pays someone via their family to take the fall regardless

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
heard the best line on the radio today. He better not go to jail, cause once there, they love some good Tight End. :biglaugh:

Mike

Administrator
If they find a bloody glove, he better start getting botox injections in his hand to make sure it dont fit ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
IF Gronk goes on PUP, AND this ends up being as bad as it looks with Hernandez, they will HUGELY regret letting Welker go. H U G E L Y regret it.

I love Amendola, he just can't stay healthy. They have NO wr depth, and a beat up but healing Ballard at TE.

Yes, this effects Brady. Yes this will help the run game, but I am not convinced Vereen gets any more, he is not Faulk nor close to him in catching ability.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Brady and the pats are starting to reach the stay far away zone for me....even the hoody can't keep a murder charge (if it gets to that which I think it will) from being a distraction.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh god the Irony.

So Hernandez' lawyer spouts off about all the false stories and that there is no warrent. Now we hear that Hernandez was just taken into custody, and arrested.

Charges have not been confirmed yet, and the other two men have not been identified yet.

efactor

Coming at you
Not surprising. Pats want to distance themselves as much as possible from this guy..............

Huge hit to the team overall. Him and Gronk were going to be the two top receiving options this year. They better start praying that Gronk makes a quick recovery and that Amendola stays healthy.

ExperiencedRookie

I cannot believe this move! Why on Earth would the Patriots let him go? Sure he's under arrest and has about as much bad press as possible, but this dude is a next level talent, a total game changer.

I feel its still possible that this guy could be playing football this year if RG doesn't take him out of the rotation. The legal action in this case will take forever, and even if found guilty, it would be a long time before he's actually serving time.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I cannot believe this move! Why on Earth would the Patriots let him go? Sure he's under arrest and has about as much bad press as possible, but this dude is a next level talent, a total game changer.

I feel its still possible that this guy could be playing football this year if RG doesn't take him out of the rotation. The legal action in this case will take forever, and even if found guilty, it would be a long time before he's actually serving time.

The patriots don't shy away from attitude or bad press. For them to cut bait this quickly, after the big contract they just gave him, tells me the other shoe in this case is about to drop and he is gonna see prison time. No other explanation.

ExperiencedRookie

The patriots don't shy away from attitude or bad press. For them to cut bait this quickly, after the big contract they just gave him, tells me the other shoe in this case is about to drop and he is gonna see prison time. No other explanation.

How could they possibly know this without knowing what he's even being charged with at this point? Anything short of Hernandez going to the Pats and saying "Yo yo yo mo fos, I killed this dude fo sho", then the Pats are jumping the gun.

Phicinfan

Administrator
How could they possibly know this without knowing what he's even being charged with at this point? Anything short of Hernandez going to the Pats and saying "Yo yo yo mo fos, I killed this dude fo sho", then the Pats are jumping the gun.

To assume they don't know anything is silly. There has to be something there, or they would not have walked. He has a new contract and 12+ million was in bonus and guaranteed. They take a huge cap hit. You don't do that if there isn't fire in that smoke.

efactor

Coming at you

Yeah, the fact they cut bait so quickly is not a good sign for the immediate future of Mr Hernandez. Being an accessory to murder is on the serious side...........

Phicinfan

Administrator
Yeah, the fact they cut bait so quickly is not a good sign for the immediate future of Mr Hernandez. Being an accessory to murder is on the serious side...........

What I am hoping is, he knows who did it,and he protected that person, so your assessment of accessory would be right on. What I fear is he either a) actually was involved, or b) paid or ordered or whatever the other guys to do the job. In that case you are looking at a very, very long prison term.

I also got the email blurb from footballguys that matches what I typed. NE has a huge TE and WR issue right now, they don't get put off by risky players(Hanesworth, Dillon,Randy Moss) and the fact that Gronk is out, Welker is gone and they cut bait cold turkey....does not bode well

ExperiencedRookie

What an idiot for sure, no matter what level his involvement was in this death of this young man. I hope they nail his a$$ to the wall!

Phicinfan

Administrator
okay, per ESPN:
"For 2013, the Patriots will carry a $2.5 million charge for the portion of his $12.5 million signing bonus, paid last year," he wrote. "Hernandez’s base salary of $1.323 million is fully guaranteed, and so the cap number will remain $4.073 million unless and until the Patriots can finagle a way to avoid paying him. (Chances are they’ll try.)

"Because the move comes after June 1, the balance of the cap charge will apply to 2014. That’s $7.5 million in signing bonus money, and possibly another $1.137 million in guaranteed salary. That’s $8.637 million that the Patriots will carry for Hernandez next year."

so they ate alot of dead money, unless they can get some of it back