RBs won't be able to hit with the crown of the helmet

Coachnorm

The owners meetings are going on and there is a big push to ban RBs from using the crown of the helmet when running the ball. It sounds like football is taking a turn for the worse if something like this goes through.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
What the hail? They now want them to run straight up after 50 plus years of teaching players the opposite. Where's George Rogers when you need him?

efactor

Coming at you
Geeezzzz, I just don't see how this could happen. I'm all for protecting truly "defenseless" player hits, but a RB putting his head down is the purest form of football. Plus, it would put the runner at a much bigger risk of injury to other body parts other than the head.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Still hate this proposal.....but to clarify I heard the rule basically outlaws this in the open field. Outside of the tackle box and down field 3or more yards.

In a nutshell, u will see runners go out of bounds instead of trying to break a tackle.....hate it.

I like what Faulk said on this, if u want to eliminate head shots, take away the helmets....let's see how many guys lead with their head now.....

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
so this basically keeps big backs who use leveage and lower the head to bull through from doing what they do best? Means all you will draft are speed backs and the game will change. What a mess. :puke:

Escrow

Not sure about Bud :wink:, but The Bus is known for his bone jarring head lowering style inside the tackle box vs defenders

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
who was the 1?
The one vote of disent......MIKE BROWN!

Been vocal about my dislike of him as an owner, but I give him props for being the only owner to have the balls to think for himself and use common sense.

cctekguy

Staff member
I figure it's a token move by the NFL to appease the defensive players who have been saddled with safety rule after safety rule for the last 10 years.

In a way, it's only fair.