Our old "pal"

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
On AE, i had no issues with him. He was arrogant, and pompous, not unlike I was when I first joined here. Difference was I learned it makes sense to listen to the other, then argue the point. And, everyone has and is entitled to an opinion, AE feels everyone should have his point, and HIS opinion :D

Still, he does remind me a ton of RE. Heck, at one point i thought of re-instating Zepp.....put Zepp and RE together, and the politics board would go insane!!

I am going to wait and see on AE, for now he stays banned....but I may soften some day......

KillerFins

Staff member
He was active and willing to help, I will give him that. Plus, his record was solid when He was banished. I know he wasn't everyone's idea of a good time, but if you considered his opinion without the side comments and then made your decision, he was OK. We had a lot of disagreements on player value but I appreciated his input and the thought process it put me through.

Just saying.

Hard to take one without the other. He is obnoxious blowhard douchebag. I love people who make wild predictions, out of the box ideas that challenge my own viewpoints. I agree that having your own viewpoints challenged makes your own opinion stronger as it withstands criticism, or makes you modify yours due to the new challenges. One of my biggest issues with him is that he never owns any of his wild predictions, he tries to distract his misses with his obnoxious behavior. Hard to have a constructive conversation with such a person.

What did his boorish behavior get him in the end? 8 boards that don't want anything to do with him.

KillerFins

Staff member
Still, he does remind me a ton of RE. Heck, at one point i thought of re-instating Zepp.....put Zepp and RE together, and the politics board would go insane!!
Wow, blast from the past. Zepp was also one of a kind.

I am going to wait and see on AE, for now he stays banned....but I may soften some day......
I'm sure if you unbanned him it wouldn't last long.

efactor

Coming at you
Hard to take one without the other. He is obnoxious blowhard douchebag. I love people who make wild predictions, out of the box ideas that challenge my own viewpoints. I agree that having your own viewpoints challenged makes your own opinion stronger as it withstands criticism, or makes you modify yours due to the new challenges. One of my biggest issues with him is that he never owns any of his wild predictions, he tries to distract his misses with his obnoxious behavior. Hard to have a constructive conversation with such a person.

What did his boorish behavior get him in the end? 8 boards that don't want anything to do with him.

I get that. I just never felt the need to have a constructive conversation with him. Would consider his viewpoint on players that we disagreed on and then decide if what he said had substance and adjust accordingly.

Same issues on every board but I just never gave enough of a Fock to feel any animosity toward him.

cctekguy

Staff member
Well, it appears AE has done the impossible.

He woke Miller up from his months long slumber and it was this thread that did it.

Thanks, man :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
actually Phic getting IBL cranked back up that pulled me back over....just found it funny there is 3 pages here of talking about no activity here and an AP thread at another forum, but no one can start a thread to discuss AP here.....hmmmm....why is it people like to complain about the problem without contributing to a solution....good question for another thread maybe ;)

I wonder what the activity would be here if the efforts in a pointless thread like this was used instead to create topics about FF that everyone is starting to ponder? Another pretty interesting question.....

And this isn't to start an argument or be critical to anyone. Just some thoughts going through my head when I saw the state of the main forum when I checked in for IBL.

jjtweeks

It would be sad if he didn't know any better but he does and is a waste of time. His goal is to make a mockery out of other peoples forums. If he had any brains at all he would just start his own so he could stay in it. Yea this thread is on fire talking about stupid s$5#. dude was and is a bad stain on any froum. I liked the prediction stuff becasue thats cool but all the other crap that went with it was total bottom feeder stuff that we don't need. There's my 2 cents

ExperiencedRookie

He recently tried telling me that he had been "teaching" at a fantasy football academy. They were so successful that the company was bought out. He of course attributed this to him being the best teacher.

I drew special attention to the fact that he's no longer "teaching" because new management got rid of him. Guess he's not so valuable after all.

I never got a response.

ExperiencedRookie

This was linked on Rotoworld tonight

The Huddle vs Axe Elf a Grand Jury Hearing - Fantasy Football

Back in 2013 our old pal issued a challenge. A 10 team league with shallow benches. The 9 other owners would draft, and he'd fill his roster from all the leftovers. The only concession was that he would get #1 waiver priority every single week, and if he won the league he'd get the entire pot.

It was found just after the league was drafted that he went through as commissioner and edited the schedules so that he could draw everyone on their bye weeks when they were missing the most marquee players. As you can see in that linked thread, he acts like this is no big deal.

"Here everybody, take all the studs and watch me beat you anyways. Oh, and pay no attention to me doctoring the schedule so I don't have to face those studs. Then look upon me as the greatest ever if I can win"

Pathetic

efactor

Coming at you
This was linked on Rotoworld tonight

The Huddle vs Axe Elf a Grand Jury Hearing - Fantasy Football

Back in 2013 our old pal issued a challenge. A 10 team league with shallow benches. The 9 other owners would draft, and he'd fill his roster from all the leftovers. The only concession was that he would get #1 waiver priority every single week, and if he won the league he'd get the entire pot.

It was found just after the league was drafted that he went through as commissioner and edited the schedules so that he could draw everyone on their bye weeks when they were missing the most marquee players. As you can see in that linked thread, he acts like this is no big deal.

"Here everybody, take all the studs and watch me beat you anyways. Oh, and pay no attention to me doctoring the schedule so I don't have to face those studs. Then look upon me as the greatest ever if I can win"

Pathetic

Let it go. You will be a happier person.