New York Jets vs San Diego Chargers - Official Game Thread

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I look forward to seeing the line on this one. Does the Jets get points from the bookies because of the smoke their QB has partook of and if so how much is that hooch worth?

Serious though I lean to SD but the Jets have my attention now.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This one is over before the Jets jump on that plane to go out to SD. Chargers win, and win BIG!

Chargers 27
Jets 10

efactor

Coming at you
San Diego doubles up on the Jets and sends them packing, 20-10............

Jets have a nice foundation for the future, but Rivers over Sanchez will make the difference in this one.

Greg

Who?
Come on, Miller, take off the Bengal-coloured glasses. The Jets should be favoured to win the whole thing.

Mike

Administrator
The Chargers are going up against the one defense that just might be able to contain Rivers, possibly even stop Rivers.

And, the Jets will clearly be able to run on the Chargers.

This is likely the best matchup of this round, and I am gonna call for the Upset.

Jets win 24-20

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This is a matchup of strengths.

SD has had major issues with teams that can run well. I am not sold on Jet's passing defense.

I think Chargers win, but I don't think it will be by a large margin.

Miscreants

I think this'll be closer than expected. I do think that the Chargers will win, but by no more than a touchdown. I also will be pulling for the Jets, despite the (or perhaps because of the) underdog status.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA2B47_l9kg"]YouTube- LaDanian Tomlinson-LT Slide Electric Glide (Music Video)[/ame]

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Jet's over SD by 14 points. I think their defense is firing on all cylinders right now and the offense has been moving the ball. The underdog takes it!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Come on, Miller, take off the Bengal-coloured glasses. The Jets should be favoured to win the whole thing.
No bengal colored glasses....they kicked our ass, no excuses there, Cincy just is not playing good at all right now.

Jets are running into the hottest team in the league IMO. SD is just the superior team, and add in the trip cross country and the Jets are in for a huge reality check. There is not a team that I think would beat SD at home right now to be honest.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Of all the divisional matchups this weekend I see this one as being the least likely to provide an upset. The Jets just aren't that good IMO...34-20 S.D. takes it.

Greg

Who?
No bengal colored glasses....they kicked our ass, no excuses there, Cincy just is not playing good at all right now.

Jets are running into the hottest team in the league IMO. SD is just the superior team, and add in the trip cross country and the Jets are in for a huge reality check. There is not a team that I think would beat SD at home right now to be honest.

Just being facetious ;)

I'm of the belief that you never know what will happen; I'm also of the belief that since the Jets are underdogs, they have no incentive to screw it up and that doesn't work with Jets history :D