Give me one player who you know is going to be a bust in 2009

See I will rank him in my top 5, that's just me. So yeah, I am one of the few that feel he will be in the top 5 this year......thanks for guessing at how i think, might want to let me speak for myself ;)

But it was Dog who stated he was over-rated that started this. To be over rated he has to be going higher than you feel he should or will perform. Your basically stating that he will be a bust at his current ADP of 1.10......not that he won't be the #1 back in FF this year, b/c he's not being valued as that in drafts.

And why would you wait till after the season to debate it? There is a fantasy season that will be played this year and both will be pretty important players. If you can correctly figure out this situation before it plays out you will have just one more leg up on the competition.

And Dog, if you have Dwill ranked 12-13, I don't know why you listed him as a BUST.....his average ranking is 7-8. A little low, but not what I would call a bust......like AD said, maybe we need a defination of bust here, lol.

Actually you already spoke for yourself that's why I said that. I read a previous post you had on this matter.

I would wait to debate who is the better RB because it only makes sense being both only played extensively last year!!! Being Williams struggled the previous 2 yrs and Stewart was a Rookie!!! I serious doubt you can say 1 way or the other who will be the better overall RB, NFL wise!! FF wise well yeah that is debatable but Im referring to NFL RB not FF RB. If im going off FF RB id take them both, they are both gonig to get a azz load of carries and they both are gonig to get a azz load of GL carries. I ll flip a coin. But i wouldnt take ether 1 in rd1

Arctic Dawgs

I have DWill ranked top 5 as well. If he winds up #10 I would not consider him a bust

I have Stewart 12/15. If he winds up top 10 I would not consider him a sleeper

I have DWill ranked top 5 as well. If he winds up #10 I would not consider him a bust

RLLD is the only one who used the "bust" word.

I did agree with his reasons behind his choice though. I think DWill and Stewart will both have damn good seasons but DWill wont come close to sniffing last seasons numbers.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
He said he had them both ranked 12-13 Miller!!!
lol, man, I use !!! alot, but you may have me beat there....were you that excited about it.....

Thanks though, I did misread it. WOW, Stewart #12 is a ballsy pick.

DFG, so basically you think they will spit it 50/50 from a productions standpoint this year and the running game will be right there with what it was last year? Could happen. will be fun to see it play out.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
RLLD is the only one who used the "bust" word.

I did agree with his reasons behind his choice though. I think DWill and Stewart will both have damn good seasons but DWill wont come close to sniffing last seasons numbers.
Earlier you said:

I agree about DeAngelo Williams. I actually see Jonathan Stewart in his 2nd year having the better season.
well if you just agreed on his reasons it sure was unclear, b/c right there it states you agree about DWill.....he called him a BUST....if you agree....you then are calling him a bust as well....see why we thought you called him a bust as well?

As we have seen, you really don't think he will bust per his ADP, just won't get close to him last year's numbers.

ExperiencedRookie

Nice to see you show up. Thought that maybe you had bitten into a poison apple or something. :D

My office blocked Sports Outlaw on our server. I do most of me best SO work from my desk.

I'm only home for an hour or 2 a day, so I don't get on here nearly as much lately.

I suppose I should contribute to the thread in someway, but I'm not that strongly opinionated on DWill

Earlier you said:

well if you just agreed on his reasons it sure was unclear, b/c right there it states you agree about DWill.....he called him a BUST....if you agree....you then are calling him a bust as well....see why we thought you called him a bust as well?

As we have seen, you really don't think he will bust per his ADP, just won't get close to him last year's numbers.

He wrote...

Round 1 - Deangelo Williams - people are taking his brief eruption over a short game-span and crowning him "stud"...I don't buy it

I agree with that. I dont agree that he will be a bust like he said. I do agree that he is being hyped up b/c of 1 insane season and is becoming overrated. He isnt a top 5 RB imo. Hes more in the 10-15 range.

Like I said. I dont think hes a "bust" but I do agree with what his reasons were about why he thinks he will be one.

EDIT - I guess you could say I do think he could be a "bust" for where he will be drafted if hes drafted with a top 5 pick. I guess for some of the same reasons why I think MJD will be a bust I think DWill could be one. Not a bust as he wont be good but a bust for where he will be drafted in fantasy drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:

RUBBER DUCKIE

DWill won't be a bust for me, but I think he'll be a bust for just about everyone else.

I think DWill pulls in 1400ish yards, but he drops to 6ish TD's. There is no way DWill breaks that many long TD's again this year. Stewart should be healthy which means DWill won't touch the ball in the redzone.
Stewart is bigger and faster then DWill. I see DWill getting the edge in carries, but Stewart is going to break 1150k in yards and have 12+ TD's. Fox isn't going to run Stewart into the ground this year because Stewart is going to be the bell cow from 2010 on. All 2009 did for DWill is put his salary too high to expect the Panthers to resign him. DWill is leaving and then it's the JStew show with Goodson giving breathers. DWill didn't "earn" more carries as the season went on, Stewart was nursing the injury. When it counted in the playoffs, they marched JStew out there in the playoffs for the redzone carries and TD. Obviously, DWill is not in my top 10 RB's, but good luck to those who do.

I road R.Grant to win a league in 2008 and told everyone that would listen that he wasn't a first rounder in 2009. I also think the guy is average at best. GB should give Brandon Jackson a real chance, he won't be worse.

RLLD

Man, I'm just not feeling these busts at all so far. I don't know what your definition of a brief eruption is on DWill, but he was AMAZING for 3/4's of last year. He started slow and them BOOM! After his first 4 games he was only under 100 yds 4 times and out of his last 9 games, his lowest total was 72 yds (in that one he added 4 TD's)!! Not only did he score 20 TD's last year, he scored 20 TD's in the last 12 games of the year!!!

And talk about consistency, in the last 12 games of the year he was held under 10 fantasy pts in basic scoring leagues only ONE time and that was week 6. Go a step forward, he was only under 15 pts 3 of the 12 games.

Many called the the complete bust of Dwill last year when Stewart was drafted and were dead wrong. Now they are calling it a fluke and still say Stewart will take over....sorry guys, Stewart is a hell of a back, but he's not as talented as DWill and if you are John Fox, why would you mess with something as great as their running game last year?

Expect more of the same here. If anyone falls off in the Carlina backfield it would be Stewart, not from a lack of talent, but a decrease in opps if they run a little less. DWill will still get his.

:headscratch:
Dewill.....#20 in rushing yds, #30 in ypc at 3.9 , he does have two TD's......meanwhile Stewart is pumping out 5.0 ypc......how long before Fox gets to that "AHA" moment?:cunning:

RLLD

Dewill.....#29 in rushing yds, #111 in ypc at 3.7 , and still sitting strong ater six weeks with 2 TD's.....

:thud:

efactor

Coming at you
Dewill.....#29 in rushing yds, #111 in ypc at 3.7 , and still sitting strong ater six weeks with 2 TD's.....

:thud:

Well, to be fair, he has only played 4 games, not six. He had his bye week so some of those rankings are skewed compared to RBs who have played 5 games. This is a bit early to be patting yourself on the back. Lot of football to still be played...........

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Funny thing is that DWill before today was still ahead of where he was last year at this time yet everyone still pronounced him dead. I'd say DWill is alive!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Looks like the rumors of Di Wills demise may have been exagerated by a tad bit. At least he's off of life support after posting 152 rushing yards in 30 carries, ctching 2 passes for 20 yards, and scoring two TD's in week 6. I hope this is a sign that he's back. Of course my mind keeps telling my heart that it was against the Bucs. Sigh!