Give me one player who you know is going to be a bust in 2009

Well first off Willams was entering his 3rd season and Stewart was a rookie. So to say they both had a equal shot is kinda overstating it. They might of had a equal shot to start but Williams had the edge b/c he had previous NFL experience. Stewart as a rookie also lit it up last season so to say only DWill jumped up and put on a show is also off base. Yes DWill had better stats but Stewart as a rook had a 4.5 ypc and 10 TDs. Stewart will only get better and from watching him through his college career and last season I know he will only get better.

I think DWill overperfomed last season b/c of a great offensive line. Hes a damn good back but he hit his ceiling last season. He will never have a season like that again and when Stewart gains more experience he will end up showing why I think hes better than DWill. Jonathan Stewart has the potenial to be one of the best backs in the league and in time will show everyone how good he can be. It may be this year or it may be next year but in time Stewart will show he is the better RB.
Amen to that-I agree, also does it really matter? both RBs will get alotted carries this season to help carry Delhommes struggles and the fact the Panthers are a run first Offense. Its kind of hard to say Stewart is better as you said being he was a rookie last season but his numbers spea kfor themselves and he was fighting a nagging injury al lyear as well. DeAngelo Williams finally stepped up last season and earned his stake. He was almost considered a bust because when he got he shot to carry the ball in years past he struggled. There is nothing wrong with having to capable RBs to shoulder the load, I honestly think debating who is better as of now is kind of pointless being both really only played 1 season. Lets see who steps it up another notch in 2009? before we determine who is forreal and who isnt.

efactor

Coming at you
I have a bad feeling about Steve Smith this year...............

Delhomme was downright awful at times last year and Smith made some amazing catches (and runs after the catch) to produce the numbers he did. Hard to continue to make great plays every week. Top statistical WRs need the gimme catches and Smith doesn't get that many. Plus, I think Carolina runs the ball even more this year and that means less opportunity for Smith.

Won't bust, but will under perform his 2nd round draft status. 70/1000/7. Solid, but not top tier.............

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Fair nuff....like to hear reasoning for why people feel the way they do. Just a few responses to your reasoning though on the two:

• If you look at the start of the year, carries were very close, staff gave both of them the chance to take over. Through 4 games DWill had 54 carries, Stewart had 46. Only a difference of 2 a game. As the season went on it was Williams who earned the bigger split and got it.
  • You cited Stewarts 4.5 ypc......Williams had 5.5 ypc. And as far as being a rookie, RB is the easiest position in the NFL to come in and perform as a rook. If Williams was old I could see where as Stewart progresses it would make a difference, but Williams is a young gun as well.
  • Here is the biggest part i have an issue with. You stated that Williams over performed last year b/c of a great offensive line....did they bring in a different line for Stewart or something? Last time I checked we are debating players on the same team. So if Williams benefited from a great offensive line, I think it's very fair to say that Stewart benefited from that same line. And behind that line Williams averaged 5.5 ypc, Stewart 4.5.....Williams 20 TD's, Stewart 10....As the year went on, more carries to DWill.
This year will be interesting to see how it works out. It's a good situation to debate b/c you do have two very talented RB's on the same team. I think by far this is the best duo in the league and may end up one of the best duo's of all time if they can continue to the run for a couple of years.

Well first off Willams was entering his 3rd season and Stewart was a rookie. So to say they both had a equal shot is kinda overstating it. They might of had a equal shot to start but Williams had the edge b/c he had previous NFL experience. Stewart as a rookie also lit it up last season so to say only DWill jumped up and put on a show is also off base. Yes DWill had better stats but Stewart as a rook had a 4.5 ypc and 10 TDs. Stewart will only get better and from watching him through his college career and last season I know he will only get better.

I think DWill overperfomed last season b/c of a great offensive line. Hes a damn good back but he hit his ceiling last season. He will never have a season like that again and when Stewart gains more experience he will end up showing why I think hes better than DWill. Jonathan Stewart has the potenial to be one of the best backs in the league and in time will show everyone how good he can be. It may be this year or it may be next year but in time Stewart will show he is the better RB.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Amen to that-I agree, also does it really matter? both RBs will get alotted carries this season to help carry Delhommes struggles and the fact the Panthers are a run first Offense. Its kind of hard to say Stewart is better as you said being he was a rookie last season but his numbers spea kfor themselves and he was fighting a nagging injury al lyear as well. DeAngelo Williams finally stepped up last season and earned his stake. He was almost considered a bust because when he got he shot to carry the ball in years past he struggled. There is nothing wrong with having to capable RBs to shoulder the load, I honestly think debating who is better as of now is kind of pointless being both really only played 1 season. Lets see who steps it up another notch in 2009? before we determine who is forreal and who isnt.
Well, here is where you and he are wrong. Stewart is NOT a better rb. He may be better up the middle, but for receptions, overall speed and ability to get outside....DeWill is better.

Add to that the sad fact that Stewart still can't stay healthy...and I am very confident in the fact he will be much better this year than Stewart.

Fair nuff....like to hear reasoning for why people feel the way they do. Just a few responses to your reasoning though on the two:

• If you look at the start of the year, carries were very close, staff gave both of them the chance to take over. Through 4 games DWill had 54 carries, Stewart had 46. Only a difference of 2 a game. As the season went on it was Williams who earned the bigger split and got it.
  • You cited Stewarts 4.5 ypc......Williams had 5.5 ypc. And as far as being a rookie, RB is the easiest position in the NFL to come in and perform as a rook. If Williams was old I could see where as Stewart progresses it would make a difference, but Williams is a young gun as well.
  • Here is the biggest part i have an issue with. You stated that Williams over performed last year b/c of a great offensive line....did they bring in a different line for Stewart or something? Last time I checked we are debating players on the same team. So if Williams benefited from a great offensive line, I think it's very fair to say that Stewart benefited from that same line. And behind that line Williams averaged 5.5 ypc, Stewart 4.5.....Williams 20 TD's, Stewart 10....As the year went on, more carries to DWill.
This year will be interesting to see how it works out. It's a good situation to debate b/c you do have two very talented RB's on the same team. I think by far this is the best duo in the league and may end up one of the best duo's of all time if they can continue to the run for a couple of years.

I agree DWill earned the carries and they had a equal shot to start. All im saying is it was Stewarts first year and from a experience point of view DWill had a leg up on him. I do realize RB is one of the easier positions to play as a rookie. I think Stewarts rookie stats were damn impressive and the RB draft class as a whole played insane last year. I just feel DWills experience was the main factor in him outplaying Stewart and not the talent level of the two players.

I do realize while Stewart had a 4.5 ypc Williams had a better 5.5 ypc. I also know they are both young guns but experience in the NFL is huge and DWill had the better grasp of NFL defenses. In the next year or two I expect Stewart to be the better back. As of today most people will say DWill because of what he did last year. I just am really high on Stewart and honestly believe he will be the better RB this season.

I realize they both had the same line. DUH lol. What im saying is I think Stewart is a back who showed last year and will show in future years he can average around 4.5 ypc yearly no matter how good the line is. I feel Williams used big holes and his speed to his advantage and had a one year wonder type of season. Hes still a good RB also but I feel that his numbers make him vastly overrated. If DWill has half a good of season as a he had last year id be impressed.

Well, here is where you and he are wrong. Stewart is NOT a better rb. He may be better up the middle, but for receptions, overall speed and ability to get outside....DeWill is better.

Add to that the sad fact that Stewart still can't stay healthy...and I am very confident in the fact he will be much better this year than Stewart.

As of today and from the stat point of View DWill is the better RB.

As for who will be the better RB in the future its anyones guess. Either side could be right. They both are young players with alot of talent. I just feel like DWill is as of today overrated to a extent.

Portis, Boldin, Fitz, LT

Super Bowl losers curse, Warner's age.

The RBs : too many miles!!

I dont see what youre saying at all dude. All of those players will have good-great seasons. If you are right though ill be the first on here to say nice picks.

Phicinfan

Administrator
As of today and from the stat point of View DWill is the better RB.

As for who will be the better RB in the future its anyones guess. Either side could be right. They both are young players with alot of talent. I just feel like DWill is as of today overrated to a extent.
thats fine. We simply agree to disagree.

As for the Arizona players...I tend to agree to a point. First I just don't think Warner can survive another full season. If he goes down I have no faith in Leinart...and no belief in his deep ball. So Fitz then drops like a rock as well. Boldin may still have a decent season..but I don't think Warner and Fitz do.

thats fine. We simply agree to disagree.

As for the Arizona players...I tend to agree to a point. First I just don't think Warner can survive another full season. If he goes down I have no faith in Leinart...and no belief in his deep ball. So Fitz then drops like a rock as well. Boldin may still have a decent season..but I don't think Warner and Fitz do.

Hell dude odds are we both will be right and both Stewart and DWill will have damn good years.

If Warner goes down with a injury I agree it will hurt the whole offense. While Leinart would put up solid numbers in that offense he isnt near Warners level. The only reason I disagree with the Cardinal players being busts is b/c that offense tore up the Steelers in the Super Bowl. So as far as I can tell they should be fine going into 2009. Unless like you said Warner gets hurt.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
On a related note, has a RB ever been the #1 RB in fantasy one year and got as little respect as DWill is getting this year in the rankings? Many feel he is over-rated where it stands now, but it's not like he's being viewed as a top 5 back by most. ADP has him the 8th RB and 1.10 overall. Consensus rankings seems to have him in that 7-8 range as well.

Just interesting, I don't remember anyone in the past being ranked thaat low the next season.

Arctic Dawgs

On a related note, has a RB ever been the #1 RB in fantasy one year and got as little respect as DWill is getting this year in the rankings? Many feel he is over-rated where it stands now, but it's not like he's being viewed as a top 5 back by most. ADP has him the 8th RB and 1.10 overall. Consensus rankings seems to have him in that 7-8 range as well.

Just interesting, I don't remember anyone in the past being ranked thaat low the next season.

And should we be talking about these 2 guys in a "Bust" thread.

:headscratch:

I better go get myself a new dictionary

I guess Stewart showing he can do it as a rookie and "DWill" lol didn't has to mean something. If you read it you would see I never said Stewart was better, I said both are going to get ample amount of carries so Id like to wait and see this year which 1 comes out on top as the most production.!!!!

I don't think anyone thinks he is overrated as if people know the Panthers will continue to run the ball wel lin 2009 and that makes Williams and Stewart nice FF players. If they mean overrated as in he wont have 20 TDs well hell thats easy to say, but imo he and stewart will both be productive thats um uh duh type shi.

I don't think anyone thinks he is overrated as if people know the Panthers will continue to run the ball wel lin 2009 and that makes Williams and Stewart nice FF players. If they mean overrated as in he wont have 20 TDs well hell thats easy to say, but imo he and stewart will both be productive thats um uh duh type shi.

Yeah I meant overrated b/c of his production level last season. DWill is still a very good RB. I got Stewart and DWill 12th and 13th in my RB rankings.

Im referring to Miller and that other guy thinking their the only 1s in Americana that think "DWill" is legit and no1 else knows bout either 1. When both share carries I will not rank Williams in my top 5 when there is other RBs I know will get most the carries. I just wish people would wait after this season to see which 1 is better. Hard to know this off a 1 year runner.But like i have said in that Offense as long as the yboth get alot of juice they will both be productive again. I mean hell the Panthers do got a top3 OL.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Im referring to Miller and that other guy thinking their the only 1s in Americana that think "DWill" is legit and no1 else knows bout either 1. When both share carries I will not rank Williams in my top 5 when there is other RBs I know will get most the carries. I just wish people would wait after this season to see which 1 is better. Hard to know this off a 1 year runner.But like i have said in that Offense as long as the yboth get alot of juice they will both be productive again. I mean hell the Panthers do got a top3 OL.
Well then, lets address this topic sepperately.

But to the point here is my question. Did or did not DWill and Stewart share carries last year?
Did or did not DWill be a stud even though he was sharing carries?
Can you or can you not think of other backs who have done well in this type of scenario?

Lets see who else has performed in RBBC.
A.Peterson, MJD, F.Taylor(granted in the past), Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Stewart, FWP(back in Bus days....).

Folks, never lose fact that this is a copy cat league. Most teams now feel you have to have two solid backs to be able to run, and you have to run to win :)sob: unless you are a Philly fan), Heck...I see folks higher on Jacobs and Bradshaw over DWill and Stewart.

Simply makes no sense folks. Just look at the facts.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
See I will rank him in my top 5, that's just me. So yeah, I am one of the few that feel he will be in the top 5 this year......thanks for guessing at how i think, might want to let me speak for myself ;)

But it was Dog who stated he was over-rated that started this. To be over rated he has to be going higher than you feel he should or will perform. Your basically stating that he will be a bust at his current ADP of 1.10......not that he won't be the #1 back in FF this year, b/c he's not being valued as that in drafts.

And why would you wait till after the season to debate it? There is a fantasy season that will be played this year and both will be pretty important players. If you can correctly figure out this situation before it plays out you will have just one more leg up on the competition.

And Dog, if you have Dwill ranked 12-13, I don't know why you listed him as a BUST.....his average ranking is 7-8. A little low, but not what I would call a bust......like AD said, maybe we need a defination of bust here, lol.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
And actually it was RLLD who stated Dwill would be the bust, DFG just agreed with him and stated that Stewart would out perform him.

Question, if you have DWill ranked #13, where do you have Stewart? Top 10?? That is crazy IMO, ballsy, but crazy......if you don't, why would you rank someone lower than DWIll if you really feel they will outperform them?

Well then, lets address this topic sepperately.

But to the point here is my question. Did or did not DWill and Stewart share carries last year?
Did or did not DWill be a stud even though he was sharing carries?
Can you or can you not think of other backs who have done well in this type of scenario?

Lets see who else has performed in RBBC.
A.Peterson, MJD, F.Taylor(granted in the past), Chris Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Stewart, FWP(back in Bus days....).

Folks, never lose fact that this is a copy cat league. Most teams now feel you have to have two solid backs to be able to run, and you have to run to win :)sob: unless you are a Philly fan), Heck...I see folks higher on Jacobs and Bradshaw over DWill and Stewart.

Simply makes no sense folks. Just look at the facts.
Well al lI can say to that is-NO DIGGITY. Everyone knows you got to be able to run the ball to be succesful. As i have said before they are both capable of doing the job and I want to see them both this season before i project who is the better RB.

And actually it was RLLD who stated Dwill would be the bust, DFG just agreed with him and stated that Stewart would out perform him.

Question, if you have DWill ranked #13, where do you have Stewart? Top 10?? That is crazy IMO, ballsy, but crazy......if you don't, why would you rank someone lower than DWIll if you really feel they will outperform them?

He said he had them both ranked 12-13 Miller!!!