Give me one player who you know is going to be a bust in 2009

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not to take anything away from DWill. He had a great 2008 season but this game was overhyped too the max. All four of those TDs were 1 yard runs. Thats great for fantasy football but it got overhyped alot last season b/c people saw damn 4 TDs and didnt even realize they were all short yardage scores.

I dont think anyone expected the type of year DWill had last year. He exceeded everyones expectations and then some. I will say this though. Stewart is the more talented RB and in the next year or two he will prove it. Honestly if DWill scores 10 TDs total this year ill be impressed. I see a decline in DWills numbers this year. Hes still a good RB but no way he comes close to the numbers he had last season imo.
What makes you think Stewart is the better back?? They both went into last season with an equal shot to get the bulk of the work, yet it was Dwill that jumped up and put on a show.....entering his Prime I don't see how if Stewart was not better then him last year, how he will be better in the next couple years....

And back to talent, again, what makes you think Stewart is the more talented back? I watched them both run last year and it was clear to me, while good, Williams was on a different level.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I see LT having a major bounce back year. I mean for him to have his worst year last year while being injured most of the year, and still put up those numbers is pretty good.
yep, funny that the down year for LT still made him the 6th best RB in the league.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
DWill may be in the same category.... top 10 back and still considered a bust when this season is over.
Not really, most have him ranked in the lower half of the top 10 and you can get him mid to late first.

With LT, the reason he was considered a bust is that he cost the #1 overall pick....

If Dwill ends up in the top 10, his value was about right. If he repeats his performance in the top 5 or higher he could be a hell of a bargain.

Matt Cassel yeah thats a nice pick. I find it funny that KC helped the Patriots dump a 18 million dollar cap and hit and gave them pick 34 in the 2009 Draft. I smell something fishy, Oh nevermind tht's just Belly's step son Scott Pioli.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree on Cassel, he's a bottom tier b/u IMO in fantasy IMO. In real life, I'm not real sure he better than Thigpen.

There also trying to keep Cassel under center, Not sure how that is going to work out!! Being is was and is a Shotgun QB. I do however like his HC and I think Todd Haley will get the most out of Cassel every week. As far as a FF QB i would prefer not to draft him.

mills

I personally thought Thigpin worked out good for them and had some upside. There must be something more to Cassel everyone doesn't see, the NE boys sure were hot for him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Not to take anything away from DWill. He had a great 2008 season but this game was overhyped too the max. All four of those TDs were 1 yard runs. Thats great for fantasy football but it got overhyped alot last season b/c people saw damn 4 TDs and didnt even realize they were all short yardage scores.
What difference does it make they are one yard runs? Last I checked scoring near the goal line is pretty damn tough?

I dont think anyone expected the type of year DWill had last year. He exceeded everyones expectations and then some. I will say this though. Stewart is the more talented RB and in the next year or two he will prove it. Honestly if DWill scores 10 TDs total this year ill be impressed. I see a decline in DWills numbers this year. Hes still a good RB but no way he comes close to the numbers he had last season imo.
Not true. I was all over DWill last year. Granted I did not call him out to be the #1 rb...but many here had Stewart taking over the running back job....kind of like you are now. I will argue with you now the same I did with them. Carolina believes in loyalty. You earn your job, and once you have it, its yours. DWill waited out Davis and Foster. He will control the job until the coaching staff feels he can't take it. I also call out that to this point Stewart has not been able to stay healthy.

Do I expect exactly the same total for DWill this year? No. But he will no way be a bust, and will earn his first round draft slot.

As for busts:
I agree with Warner and Fitz. I see a hard, hard fall for Arizona this year.

Busts for me - Cassell in KC, I think he was a QB of the system in NE.
Brandon Marshall in Denver - I think at some point he blows up again...and gets suspended. I also think Orton isn't Cutler...and see it effecting Marshall more than Royal.
Adrien Peterson Min - I think this is the year he gets overworked...and killed.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not true. I was all over DWill last year. Granted I did not call him out to be the #1 rb...but many here had Stewart taking over the running back job....kind of like you are now. I will argue with you now the same I did with them. Carolina believes in loyalty. You earn your job, and once you have it, its yours. DWill waited out Davis and Foster. He will control the job until the coaching staff feels he can't take it. I also call out that to this point Stewart has not been able to stay healthy.

Do I expect exactly the same total for DWill this year? No. But he will no way be a bust, and will earn his first round draft slot.

Phic, I think we were on an island last year and looks like we are as well this year. i too had Dwill ranked higher than Strewy last season and stated I saw DWill having a better season...now i dind't see his doing that, but I did feel good about him.

cctekguy

Staff member
Chris Johnson is my choice for the big bust.

He will go the way of Reggie Bush and become more of a situational player that draws a lot of attention from defenses.

He will also go the way of Bush and stay injured most of next year. IMO

If he stays healthy, he could be a decent RB in PPR leagues but going in the 1st round of standard scoring leagues is a real stretch.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Chris Johnson is my choice for the big bust.

He will go the way of Reggie Bush and become more of a situational player that draws a lot of attention from defenses.

He will also go the way of Bush and stay injured most of next year. IMO

If he stays healthy, he could be a decent RB in PPR leagues but going in the 1st round of standard scoring leagues is a real stretch.

I agree and was actually just about to make a similar post.

3 things I don't like about "Every Coaches Dream" going in the 1st round this season -

-Full blown RBBC
-Very little goal line love
-Shitty attitude

This guy doesn't belong in the 1st round in standard scoring leagues IMO and I'll be avoiding him.

What makes you think Stewart is the better back?? They both went into last season with an equal shot to get the bulk of the work, yet it was Dwill that jumped up and put on a show.....entering his Prime I don't see how if Stewart was not better then him last year, how he will be better in the next couple years....

And back to talent, again, what makes you think Stewart is the more talented back? I watched them both run last year and it was clear to me, while good, Williams was on a different level.

Well first off Willams was entering his 3rd season and Stewart was a rookie. So to say they both had a equal shot is kinda overstating it. They might of had a equal shot to start but Williams had the edge b/c he had previous NFL experience. Stewart as a rookie also lit it up last season so to say only DWill jumped up and put on a show is also off base. Yes DWill had better stats but Stewart as a rook had a 4.5 ypc and 10 TDs. Stewart will only get better and from watching him through his college career and last season I know he will only get better.

I think DWill overperfomed last season b/c of a great offensive line. Hes a damn good back but he hit his ceiling last season. He will never have a season like that again and when Stewart gains more experience he will end up showing why I think hes better than DWill. Jonathan Stewart has the potenial to be one of the best backs in the league and in time will show everyone how good he can be. It may be this year or it may be next year but in time Stewart will show he is the better RB.

What difference does it make they are one yard runs? Last I checked scoring near the goal line is pretty damn tough

That game and what he did was overblown. People acted like he rushed for 250 yds and scored 4 TDs instead of him rushing for 72 yds (avg 3.4 ypc) and had 4 one yard TDs. He didnt do anything special and padded 4 TDs off the goalline. His season was very impressive but that game wasnt.

Not true. I was all over DWill last year. Granted I did not call him out to be the #1 rb...but many here had Stewart taking over the running back job....kind of like you are now. and killed.

You thought DWill would avg 5.5 ypc and score 20 TDs. Dude no one thought he would be THAT good last year.

Im not saying Stewart is going to take over the RB job. They both are going to get their carries this year imo. I just think Stewart will have the better season.