FA Rumors

Runnik's Hambones

Woah, another HUGE rumor: The Brocos have reportedly been shopping Cutler's name around, Adam Schefter of NFL Network and Vic Lombardi of CBS4 in Denver report.

Per both reports, the Bucs and Broncos were trying to swing a three-way deal pursuant to which Matt Cassel would have been traded from the Pats to the Broncos, Cutler would have gone from Denver to Tampa, and the Patriots would have been compensated presumably by the Buccaneers.

According to Schefter, the Lions also approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler.

And here's where it gets interesting. Schefter's version creates the impression that the Broncos didn't initiate the talks, and merely responded to the offers presented. Vic Lombardi's version suggests that the Broncos were and are shopping the eleventh overall pick in the 2006 draft.

"I've heard the rumors," Cutler told Vic Lombardi. "I know what they're trying to do. Even though I love Denver and I'd love to remain a Bronco, I know how this business works. If they want me to play somewhere else, so be it."

Despite Cutler's generally P.C. comments, Schefter contends that Cutler was angered by the news.

Very interesting...

SportingNews.com - ProFootballTalk

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Yes it is. Given Schaub has been hurt the past couple of years the odds on favorite is the back up QB in Houston will see signifigant time.

This team CANNOT win with Orlovsky at the helm.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
With his free-agency visit to Cincinnati completed, running back Derrick Ward is on his way to Denver, according to a league source.

Ward will meet with Broncos officials on Sunday.

He's regarded as one of the top running backs on the market, and several teams have expressed interest. His age (28) could be impacting the magnitude of any offers he has received.
SportingNews.com - ProFootballTalk

Escrow

D. Ward visiting the Broncos
Warner visiting the Niners
Sharper visiting the Saints

Giants Sign Rocky Bernard DT
Cowboys sign Keith Brooking LB

Housh to make decision tomorrow(3/1) between Sea, Min, Cin, and possibly the NYG

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Escrow

Nate Washington visiting the Titans

Coles will sign with either the Bills or Dolphins

Shawn Springs visiting the Pats

DearbornDolfan

Furthering the Coles rumor, apparently he left Buffalo without a contract and is visiting Miami today. The line of thinking is apparently that while Buffalo has more money on the table, Miami has Chad Pennington. It's a toss-up.

There's also a rumor going around that the Bills are looking to trade for Braylon Edwards.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I guess there was a three team deal that would have sent higher draft picks to the Pats, Cassell to the Broncos, and Cutler to the Bucs.

Cutler's agent Bus Cook is burning up the newswire letting the world know Jay is pissed. Also "on the block" is Tony Scheffler according to rumor.

Doogie McDaniels better freaking know what he's doing or his stay in the Mile High city could be short and rough.

Coachnorm

any idea when Coach? Word was he was going to decide by tomorrow, and that Philly said they were out of the running....

Supposedly after his Vikings visit. But his Vikes visit is not over yet. He is neither signed or visited other teams and his deadline is close. I posted that Philly was also saying that they weren't interested after finding out Houshs agent was lying about playing cheaper for them than other teams. A lot of this is contradictory as is the nature of rumors. As of an hour ago Housh was still at the Vikes Winter Park facility. Remenber this was a self imposed deadline by Housh. Self emposed deadlines, like underware, can quickly be changed after a mistake. :)

Escrow

I guess there was a three team deal that would have sent higher draft picks to the Pats, Cassell to the Broncos, and Cutler to the Bucs.

Cutler's agent Bus Cook is burning up the newswire letting the world know Jay is pissed. Also "on the block" is Tony Scheffler according to rumor.

Doogie McDaniels better freaking know what he's doing or his stay in the Mile High city could be short and rough.

It was a 3 team trade...

Bucs get Cutler
Broncos get Cassell
Pats get 1st rd and 3rd rd pick

Coachnorm

Cards QB Kurt Warner is reportedly not fully committed to his visit to the Niners and may pull out. Obviously, he is fully committed to throwing idle threats around to get the Cards to lock up Boldin. :)