Do you risk a first round pick on cj2k?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
How many backs rate first round this year.

Obviously Peterson and probably Foster. McCoy? Not so sure with new offense and coach and brown there.

I know I am missing some, but honestly, none really jump at me now.

Probably Foster? Do what? Foster will go as the number 2 pick in 90% of fantasy drafts this year. There'll be a few where he goes 31 and a few where he goes #3. None later than that.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
SJax has new value and Charles might do well under Reid. Spiller is also threatening top 5. DMac isn't out of the running. I see no mention of Lynch or MJD in any of these RB dialogs, or Gore, for that matter. Trent Richardson didn't do anything to scare anyone away either. Is Forte finished?

Lots of guys I would consider before CJ but I guess the emphasis in that statement should be put on "consider".
S.Jax even in a run heavy team is not a first rounder in my opinion. Charles is maybe, in that offense two years out from knee injury. Spiller will never be top 5 with Jackson taking significant carries. Dmac can't stay healthy. Gore gets no love, but I think I can score him in round 2, so why waste a first rounder on him? MJD has too much to prove to still be a first rounder. Richardson, is there maybe, depending on what they do for Qb and Wrs.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Probably Foster? Do what? Foster will go as the number 2 pick in 90% of fantasy drafts this year. There'll be a few where he goes 31 and a few where he goes #3. None later than that.

Yeah, unless folks like Rice more.

Phicinfan

Administrator
agree on Charles ,Spiller, and Lynch

Lynch could be there as well, but to me he is more 2nd rounder, Spiller is 2nd rounder to me with Jackson still there. Charles as the new Westbrook for Ried...hmmm...

Phicinfan

Administrator
So looking at everyone's lists, here is where I am at:

1st round value at Rb:
Peterson, Foster, Rice, McCoy, Martin, maybe charles but only late.
2nd round value at Rb:
Lynch, Morris, Spiller, Gore,Richardson, S.Jax depending on where he falls

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per the title of the thread,

Where do you plug CJ in at?
If they fix the O-line, i say 2nd round or maybe late first. If they don't and don't support the Qb, then I say late 3rd or early 4th round.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So looking at everyone's lists, here is where I am at:

1st round value at Rb:
Peterson, Foster, Rice, McCoy, Martin, maybe charles but only late.
2nd round value at Rb:
Lynch, Morris, Spiller, Gore,Richardson, S.Jax depending on where he falls
I would put CJ1K right there in the 2nd rd value. I see him similar to Morris, Gore, TRich, Sjax....ect.

Lynch I would place above Charles and squarly in the the first round mix.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The only way Lynch doesn't go middle of the first or before is if his drunk driving case re-surfaces from last year and he faces a league suspension.

jjtweeks

I would Love to land Charles in the 2nd.
Would bring back memories of last year getting Foster in the 1st, Peterson in the second:smile:

Arctic Dawgs

What are you guys drafting in? 10 team leagues. Come on, only 12 RBs go in 2 rounds according to Phics list. in a 12/16 team draft that leaves 12/20 non RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. NOT A PRAYER unless there is some very wonky scoring.

Myself, when doing up rankings would set 16 players as 1st round for a 12 team league, and 20 for a sixteen league. That will leave 4 fuzzies that slip, and you just never know who of those 4 will slip.

I also have the same issue in most ratings I see around the web. I think SO should lead the internet and set the bars for rating players and make it for a 12 team league. ie:

1st round - 10 players
1st/2nd - 6 players
2nd rd - 6 players
2nd/3rd - 6 players
3rd/4th - 6 players

That way there are an extra 4 guys listed at every round to allow for personel preferences, but gives realistic ratings as to where players would go.

Lets step up and be the first to set a standard

Phicinfan

Administrator
What are you guys drafting in? 10 team leagues. Come on, only 12 RBs go in 2 rounds according to Phics list. in a 12/16 team draft that leaves 12/20 non RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. NOT A PRAYER unless there is some very wonky scoring.

Myself, when doing up rankings would set 16 players as 1st round for a 12 team league, and 20 for a sixteen league. That will leave 4 fuzzies that slip, and you just never know who of those 4 will slip.

I also have the same issue in most ratings I see around the web. I think SO should lead the internet and set the bars for rating players and make it for a 12 team league. ie:

1st round - 10 players
1st/2nd - 6 players
2nd rd - 6 players
2nd/3rd - 6 players
3rd/4th - 6 players

That way there are an extra 4 guys listed at every round to allow for personel preferences, but gives realistic ratings as to where players would go.

Lets step up and be the first to set a standard
Okay I was not asked where I think they will go, I was asked where I valued them.

I am not a Rb heavy guy. Then again, I am in alot of leagues that are PPR and I can wait for Rb value later.

last year, I had at least 2 of my 5 drafts with only 4rbs in first round. Not more than that in the 2nd round.

I saw a whole lot more of Wrs and Qbs taken early than I have in the past. Its all dependent on what your league requires and what the scoring is.

If you don't have ppr, or you MUST start 2 rbs, then I see Rbs going higher. Doesn't mean they deserve that rating though.

Rank players as you wish, that is your right. But don't tell me how to rank mine. Thanks

jjtweeks

yea there are a lot of variables that play so there really is no standard. If you are in a league where many owners are rb heavy that is one thing, if 4 qb's go in 1st rd that is another and so on and so on. In general people want the most points for there pick. I am a rb heavy type guy and if there is a flex I might take 3 rb's with my 1st 3 picks and get my 1st qb in the 6th. You just have to go with the flow of how your leagues draft is going. In a league i was in with mud last year i did something I never do and waited till 3rd rd for my 1st rb and hit the lottery that was AP and having Martin in the 4th. made it to the championship and lost but set a record as the highest scoring team. I would never had drafted like that in a money league.

Arctic Dawgs

Okay I was not asked where I think they will go, I was asked where I valued them.

I am not a Rb heavy guy. Then again, I am in alot of leagues that are PPR and I can wait for Rb value later.

last year, I had at least 2 of my 5 drafts with only 4rbs in first round. Not more than that in the 2nd round.

I saw a whole lot more of Wrs and Qbs taken early than I have in the past. Its all dependent on what your league requires and what the scoring is.

If you don't have ppr, or you MUST start 2 rbs, then I see Rbs going higher. Doesn't mean they deserve that rating though.

Rank players as you wish, that is your right. But don't tell me how to rank mine. Thanks

1st point phic, was your post I was refering to was a compilation of the ratings you had seen posted. I was not attacking anyone. My point was just to fill in the rest (20 spots) with non RBs. I don't think it can be done. We all scour the rankings we see on all the sites hoping to get a feel how others look at players (or if we may have missed something). We then upgrade and downgrade and plan to get late value based on how we feel individually (maybe we can let a player drop a half round, etc..). The point I was trying to make is the numbers just don't seem to add up. When I am seeing more non RBs than RBs taken over the 1st several rounds taken it just doesn't work.

Also, there are so many different styles of scoring out there now as well. Standard, Performance, PPR, etc..... I was just trying to make a point to set some kind of a standard when rating a players draft ranking when we do these types of threads. As it is now, everyone is speaking a different language

Phicinfan

Administrator
1st point phic, was your post I was refering to was a compilation of the ratings you had seen posted. I was not attacking anyone. My point was just to fill in the rest (20 spots) with non RBs. I don't think it can be done. We all scour the rankings we see on all the sites hoping to get a feel how others look at players (or if we may have missed something). We then upgrade and downgrade and plan to get late value based on how we feel individually (maybe we can let a player drop a half round, etc..). The point I was trying to make is the numbers just don't seem to add up. When I am seeing more non RBs than RBs taken over the 1st several rounds taken it just doesn't work.

Also, there are so many different styles of scoring out there now as well. Standard, Performance, PPR, etc..... I was just trying to make a point to set some kind of a standard when rating a players draft ranking when we do these types of threads. As it is now, everyone is speaking a different language

Great point. So, lets do an exercise here.

Lets assume a 12 team league. Std. scoring. For now I will throw in PPR.

1) Adrien Peterson
2) Adrien Foster
3) Rice
4) McCoy - although this may be a reach coming back from injury

I think we can all agree here.

After this though I think things open up.
I could see a few options at 5
Qb - Rodgers, Wr - Calvin Johnson, Rb - Lynch, D.Martin?

Actually I could see:
5) C.Johnson
6) Rodgers
7) Lynch
8) Martin maybe, but another Wr possibly.

So to your point that puts us at 6 Rbs.

i will say this year may be different than in past. Wrs seem to have greater depth, and Rbs seem to have more scarcity.