Do you risk a first round pick on cj2k?

Arctic Dawgs

Quote: i will say this year may be different than in past. Wrs seem to have greater depth, and Rbs seem to have more scarcity.

Yup, and I agree totally with you. Fantasy football is changing. We won't be seeing 10 RBs in the 1st and 8 in the 2nd anymore. But there will still be at least 12 over the first 2 rounds with several taken in the 1st few picks of the 3rd (why I said allowing an extra 4 players per round for slips who could be QB, WR, TE. doesn't matter who. there will always be a couple teams that will value that other player a bit more and jump up a half round for them over someone we would want/like)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That sounds more realistic, AD.......they days of 10 first rd rbs is over. I think 16 in the first 2 rounds may be a stretch in most scoring systems.

Arctic Dawgs

I think 16 is probably about right using the Rd 2/3 rating senario calling for 28 players in a 12 team league. That leaves 12 for WR, QB, and TE.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So where do you rank CJ now that Greene has signed? Do you still take him in the 2nd?

jjtweeks

For me thats tough. I might just stay away completely unless he was there mid 3rd( thats just me) can see him 2nd though

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
2nd no, 3rd yes. Greene will take pressure off, get the bull yards, and allow C.J. to get a blow and come back like a flash of lightning. Could be a great pairing if run correctly

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't see Greene affecting CJ's value that much.

I'm not even sure that Greene will be the RB2 in Tenn.

efactor

Coming at you
I don't see Greene affecting CJ's value that much.

I'm not even sure that Greene will be the RB2 in Tenn.

I would hope they didn't sign him as a special teams player. I think the #2 back is what they have in mind for him.........

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah....and what did NY have in mind for him? 2 yards and a cloud of dust?

Well, actually he was just short of 4 yards a carry (3.9) and had almost 1100 yards and 8 TDs in 2012 and similar stats in 2011 (4.2 YPC), on a kind of crappy team. While he hasn't become the player the Jets envisioned he would become, he doesn't suck either. I think he will be a very good back to compliment CJ. If the Titans improve the OL and Locker plays even decently, they could have a decent offense. Walker will help in the run game. Excellent blocker.

To say he might not be the #2 back is kind of a reach.

Arctic Dawgs

I was on a mission to purge MJD from my lineups in a few leagues last year. I got CJ2K and some add ins in 2. He better payoff for me