Do you risk a first round pick on cj2k?

deuce4321

Driller
With a healthy britt, the qb one year older and a full season returned from injury I think he actually has a chance to be A top 3 rb.

cctekguy

Staff member
No doubt.

I wouldn't mind taking him in the low to mid first round but depending on my draft position would rather wait till early second.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd take the risk latter part of the 1st round but like Tekie said I'd prefer the 2nd. It's still a gamble with him.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
In a interview on ESPN Radio CJ2-OR(over rated) said he is going to do what A.Peterson couldnt do, break the single season rushing record.

His best season was in 2009 with 2006-yds. other than that his best season was 2010 he ran for 1364-yds, IMO he is not worth a high 1st rounder.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Will have to dive into this one more.....but at first glance I think he is a guy you want as your #2, not #1. Too risky at this point. How many seasons has he actually had that made him worthy of a first round pick? How long do you keep drafting him as one due to his 2k season?

cctekguy

Staff member
Unlike Jamaal Charles, Lesean McCoy and CJ Spiller, he is NOT on a team that is totally screwed up.

Titans have talent, direction and a near future.

Does CJ fit into those plans? Not sure, but I assume it's up to CJ and it sounds like he's on board.

I'd consider taking him before the above 3.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Fear here is the O-line. They were awful last year, and need to be better as I don't think CJ2 can make room for himself any more

efactor

Coming at you
Fear here is the O-line. They were awful last year, and need to be better as I don't think CJ2 can make room for himself any more

Pretty spot on. He had a ton of negative runs last year which tells me the blocking was not good. I know he dances a lot, but still, he didn't have much room to make plays.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
phic brings up a great point.....this it's a team to pay attention to what they do on the oline this off-season....if pick up some talent up front,cj would benefit greatly.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
How many backs rate first round this year.

Obviously Peterson and probably Foster. McCoy? Not so sure with new offense and coach and brown there.

I know I am missing some, but honestly, none really jump at me now.

cctekguy

Staff member
SJax has new value and Charles might do well under Reid. Spiller is also threatening top 5. DMac isn't out of the running. I see no mention of Lynch or MJD in any of these RB dialogs, or Gore, for that matter. Trent Richardson didn't do anything to scare anyone away either. Is Forte finished?

Lots of guys I would consider before CJ but I guess the emphasis in that statement should be put on "consider".

gizzil

peterson, foster, rice for me... lynch... maybe SJax depending on where he goes, morris and martin for others, maybe charles but i dont see too many people making the mistake after last year

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
1st round RB's: Peterson, Foster, Rice, McCoy, Charles, A.Morris, D.Martin, possibly Lynch, Spiller, and T.Richardson
1st round WR's: Megatron, possibly A.J. Green and Julio Jones
1st round QB's: Rodgers

Those are the guys I'm comfy taking with a 1st round pick. I'm personally not looking at CJ2K until the early 2nd and I'm hoping someone else takes him in the 1st so one of these guys falls to me. He's just more talk than walk to me at this point. Maybe a high-end RB2 if I get one of the guys listed above, or a low-end RB1, but I'll be looking at 2 other high-end RB2's to pair with him if I go that route (MJD, Stevan Ridley, Forte, etc..)

efactor

Coming at you
A lot of backs rank 1st round for me.

ADP
Foster
Rice
Martin
Lynch
Richardson
Charles (Reid will use him right)
Spiller (I think he gets 20 touches a game this year)
McCoy (I think he will be fine)

After these guys, it's a little sketchy for my tastes. Everyone has their preferred way of doing things, but I would feel a hell of a lot better with one of these guys as my number one.