A.Smith or C.Kaepernick

Which 49er QB gives them the best chance to reach the 2012 SB ??

• Total voters

efactor

Coming at you
Now we all know that you're in denial. That pitch was as bad as any peewee football pitch.

Well, then you have obviously never played football at any level. I caught passes much tougher to handle than that at a high school level and this Ginn is a world class athlete. Should have been able to handle it.

Your lack of critical thinking skills on the subject is disappointing.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
lol- But E this wasn't a pass but rather a 3-4 yard pitch which is meant to be tossed in a way that the RB never has to break stride to snatch from the air. Any pitch behind and over the head of the RB falls far, far short of being anywhere near decent. A pass on the other hand sent downfield allows a rceiver time to adjust to the wayward path of delivery.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Now we all know that you're in denial. That pitch was as bad as any peewee football pitch.

Actually I agree here with you, but I would much rather risk this occassionally and get the really long stuff back in my offense rather than having someone like A.Smith who can ONLY throw this lame limp arm stuff. :wink:

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
A.Smith has won against teams with lots of talent this season such has the Packers, Lions, Seahawks

C.Kaepernick has won vs. the Dolphins, a troubled Saints, Bears without J.Cutler. lost to the laughable Rams.

The big test for Kap will be week 15 vs. the 10-3 Patriots, & week 16 vs. the Seahawks strong defense.

The 49ers will go 1-2 in the last 3 games of the season winning only against the Arizona.

The current 49ers with Kap reminds me of the Ravens way back when Trent Dilfer was the QB and won the SB vs. the Giants in 2001, comes down to great defense's.

efactor

Coming at you
A.Smith has won against teams with lots of talent this season such has the Packers, Lions, Seahawks

C.Kaepernick has won vs. the Dolphins, a troubled Saints, Bears without J.Cutler. lost to the laughable Rams.

The big test for Kap will be week 15 vs. the 10-3 Patriots, & week 16 vs. the Seahawks strong defense.

The 49ers will go 1-2 in the last 3 games of the season winning only against the Arizona.

Care to reevaluate?

jjtweeks

still time. Can't argue with how he played that game. That 4th TD pass was what I have been looking for. Still concerned about his fumbling issues(counted 4, I think?) that game(none lost). If he gets that under control I don't see how I could be right but if he doesn't then he'd better be lucky.

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, didn't understand the issue handling the ball. He hasn't had a problem prior. Wet but still.............

He made a few mistakes. Didn't see the safety coming over on the INT, but overall, good game and they won, so can't complain too much.

I would like to see them take the chains off a bit more though. 3 runs and out on the last drive and they gave NE and Brady another chance. Would have liked to see them throw the ball and step on the Pats throat.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The kid threw some beautiful passes last night and they won a game I didn't at all expect them to win. I loved the pass for the second score. That ball was a rope. The center exchanges were strange but shouldn't be hard to work out. I still think the Hawks will take them but I'm not nearly as sure in my mind as I was. Congratulations on a big win E.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think this is awesome for Kap and the 49ers. Kid is stepping up in big games, getting needed experience and just beat a stud in Brady. This is what you hope for when you draft a kid.

Then again, I think you can say that about a lot of young Qbs this year. I have sneakily acquired alot of copies of Wilson from Seattle, and he is also paying big bucks now too. For that matter so is Luck and RGIII for those owners. Young Qbs are really shining this year.

efactor

Coming at you
The kid threw some beautiful passes last night and they won a game I didn't at all expect them to win. I loved the pass for the second score. That ball was a rope. The center exchanges were strange but shouldn't be hard to work out. I still think the Hawks will take them but I'm not nearly as sure in my mind as I was. Congratulations on a big win E.

It will be a good game next week. I like the Niners chances a lot more with Kaepernick than Smith in this game. Kaep doesn't get as rattled and it will be loud.

I think Niners win though. Seattle D can be run on and that will open up some big play opportunities.

efactor

Coming at you

Was watching the game with my son and some friends and when he threw the first TD to Moss, my son immediately says "Alex wouldn't even had tried that pass".

That's the feeling of all Niner fans I know that watch every week. You can look at QB rating and say Smith is doing great, but if you watch him play, you know he doesn't have "it". I really have nothing personal against the guy. Just isn't the right QB to lead a team to a championship.

Now Kaepernick might not lead them to a championship this year either, but I like his chances better. The game last night is a perfect example of why the change was made. You have to be able to score big points sometimes, even with a good defense. I just don't see them winning that game with Smith at QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arctic Dawgs

Crap :sob:

Had my sons, nephew, and son-in-law over to watch the game and BBQ up some brats. 1 son and the son-in-law are Eagles fans, other son is a 9ers fan, and I am a Pack/Seahawk fan.

Dissapointed in the outcome, but I like Kap for the 9ers. Have had in 1 dynasty league since his rookie draft just waiting. 9ers looked a lot better than I expected last night on the east coast. Pats had a tough time against the NFC West this year