A.Smith or C.Kaepernick

Which 49er QB gives them the best chance to reach the 2012 SB ??

• Total voters

efactor

Coming at you
No and please don't say it had to do with both of them losing to the Giants. That would make you look really foolish.

Brady is an all time great QB with 3 rings. Smith is Smith. Not really any way to compare the two.............

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
FTR- I didn't say that if someone failed to win it all last year that it was insane to try him again and if you'd think about it a moment a bit you'd know that JJ's comment while true enough in scope was said completley tongue in cheek.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
23 starting QB's threw for more yards last week than the 9er QB. That sounds a little worse than most Smith weeks to me.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So what you are saying basically, is the Pats should sit Brady if they end up in the superbowl against the Giants again. Now that's insane

IF he wasn't playing as well as his replacement. Yes I would. Sucks to be you.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It doesn't escape me, I see the appearence in the NFL title game, I plainly see only 2 losses with him under center this season.

You know PhiCin et al I can't understand why youngsters can't understand that there's a right way and a wrong way of doing things. I guess it's the "me" generation coming out. Not once and nowhere have I said that Smith has the most talent, biggest arm or fastest feet. Got it yet? Not once. What I have said is they were winning with Smith and for anyone that doesn't understand the W's and L's the W's are good- the L's are not. Before the season ends the newbie will have as many or more L's in less games played then Smith had. Keep up now, W's are good- L's are bad. Right is right and wrong is wrong. We'll never know how the season would have played out with Smith at QB but we're sure going to see how it goes with the new kid on the block.

No offense Mud, but screw you. I am not a "youngster."

Nor am I a well he was hurt so he HAS to get the job back either.

I am going by what I have read. What I have read is this. While playing Smith, Harbaugh did not run the full offense he wanted. It was a ground and pound offense that also relied on a solid defense and special teams to win games.

But guess what, the defense due to injury and some other things isn't as good. Nor is the running game quite as solid. Know why? Cause defenses were willing to lose to Smith, and they play the run religiously.

Now, again, as I pointed out, obviously Harbaugh did not think Kap ready to start the season. So what has changed?

Kap. He has had time to learn the system, and when put under fire he was equal to, then better than his predecessor. Plus, due to his mobility and able to make plays on the run, he forces the defense to adjust and account for him. Thus freeing up the running game more.

By the way Mud, this is professional football. Last time I checked, the coaches get paid for winning, not being loyal to a player just to be loyal. It isn't disrespect. Going after Manning then settling for Smith is disrespect. Replacing Smith after his injury, cause the other guy plays as well or better and gives you more options is life. That is how it happens in professional world. Maybe it isn't great or fair, but it is what it is.

As for W's and L's. Again, I am not the HC, Harbaugh is. I have seen and read where he likes what Kap is doing, and what he brings to the offense. I think he is a better expert than you or I.

I also think this is a no lose situation. They won't bring Smith back. Not at his money. They have a solid lead for the division, and the oportunity to get the young guy field time and experience. THAT is the key to me. If they honestly thought he was not the best option he wouldn't be in there. that is just the facts.

jjtweeks

Just a waiting game until someone gets the privilege of I told you so:tongue: please Santa let it be me :wink:
Yea I'm shallow and selfish. No that's not why I am single.

efactor

Coming at you
23 starting QB's threw for more yards last week than the 9er QB. That sounds a little worse than most Smith weeks to me.:wink:

I thought it was about the W........................................

Lets not mention the 50 yard TD run that sealed it...................................................

Arctic Dawgs

I also think this is a no lose situation. They won't bring Smith back. Not at his money. They have a solid lead for the division, and the oportunity to get the young guy field time and experience. THAT is the key to me. If they honestly thought he was not the best option he wouldn't be in there. that is just the facts.

Solid lead. Excuse me. They are 1.5 games ahead with road games at Pats and Seahawks next 2 weeks. They must at least tie 1 of those games to maintain div lead

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I thought it was about the W........................................

It is with me, always has been, always will be and should be for the team as well. Just wanted to point out that he's failing from your point of view as being the great savior and remarkably better than the winner they had under center before throwing him under the bus. He might well be great some day but not this year. The running is only going to get him hurt as everyone here knows.

efactor

Coming at you
It is with me, always has been, always will be and should be for the team as well. Just wanted to point out that he's failing from your point of view as being the great savior and remarkably better than the winner they had under center before throwing him under the bus. He might well be great some day but not this year. The running is only going to get him hurt as everyone here knows.

Sorry, but your posts make no sense...........

Last edited by a moderator:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Kind of like benching the QB after he took you to the NFC title game last year and had staked you to a great start this year. No sense at all, lol. If Smith doesn't get credit from you for "so called managing a game" to victory it puzzles me why the young man gets praised for bottom of the barrel passing numbers.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Solid lead. Excuse me. They are 1.5 games ahead with road games at Pats and Seahawks next 2 weeks. They must at least tie 1 of those games to maintain div lead

First let me say I am tickled to see Seattle winning. I love Wilson at Qb, and have nabbed him in the dynasty leagues I am in.

That being said, i don't think they beat SF, and I am starting to doubt NE as well, as they continue to pile up injuries. They are now on what, their 7th Wr???

Again, only time will tell, but it still does not take away from the fact that Harbaugh wants this kid in there and not A.Smith. For a reason.