2/1/09 - Super Bowl XLIII - Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Coachnorm

Roethlisberger threw for 244 yards, two touchdowns and two picks in a 21-14 loss at Arizona when the teams last played in a Week 4 of 2007 matchup.The Cardinals sacked Big Ben four times in a game the Steelers played without Hines Ward in that matchup. Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger said he is confident in his offensive line despite the fact they have suffered injuries this season. "It was almost a makeshift [during the season], but they have done a great job against tremendous defenses since then" Roethlisberger said.

Roethlisberger will need another good O-Line performance to help Pittsburgh win the battle of ball control against the high-scoring Cards in Super Bowl XLIII.

Coachnorm

Larry Fitzgerald played at 228 pounds last year but recently weighed in at 213 pounds. Analysis: Fitz wanted to improve his quickness and speed, and he's better at running after the catch this season. Already obscenely talented, Fitz's commitment to improvement has raised his game to another level this season.

Mr. Hack

Local MMA Guru
Cardinals luck finally runs out. Fitz will be covered, and they will turn the ball over too many times against a far superior defense.

Steelers wont run away with it, but they will surely tip toe :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
For the Cards to win, Warner has to be able to get the ball out prior to the blitz getting to him....just like he did in quarter 1,2, & 4 of the Eagles game. If they get to him like the Eagles did in Q3, Pitt will roll. Arizona will not run the ball, their only hope to to get the ball out and let the receivers do what the do....MAKE PLAYS. The WR to watch is Boldin, all the focus is on Fitz, this is going to allow for some openings for Boldin to have a big game. Pit's DB's are not on the level as the Cards receivers.

On defense, the cards have to get to Roeth. Rattle him, beat him up, make him make mistakes....this is how Zona will have to play in order to win. It's going to take one heck of a performance, but they do have it in them.....

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Ben has been beaten to a pulp weekly. He won't be afraid of what the Cards can do defensively and if I'm not mistaken the Cards are starting a rookie corner Rodgers-Cromartie. I can hear the school bells already ringing when he lines up against Ward, bum knee and all.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Ben has been beaten to a pulp weekly. He won't be afraid of what the Cards can do defensively and if I'm not mistaken the Cards are starting a rookie corner Rodgers-Cromartie. I can hear the school bells already ringing when he lines up against Ward, bum knee and all.

I take that back, it appears ARC will be covering Santonio Holmes all game. The rookie corner has covered Steve Smith and held him without a catch until the 4th quarter. HOWEVER, Delhomme can't hold Ben's jock without help so I see Holmes garnering more coverage attention to keep the rookie from getting torched. Containing Holmes will be a key for the Arizona defense and I see Heath Miller having a big game due to the resulting holes that additional coverage opens up.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
And another $100 grand against the Mayor of Phoenix; to wit, Phil's depreciation of the Terrible Towel in the year of Myron's passing. Shouldn'ta done that.:eek

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
One day away! Interesting betting above, big money has gone towards Zona, while more bets towards Pitt.....

1 Crazy Commish

Welll since I want the Cardinals so win so bad I'll go out on a limb and predict them. There at 6 1/2 point underdogs right now. There's a ton of Steeler fans here and several guys are giving 10 points, so I took a couple up on it. Hope I'm right. If the Cards front line can hold the way they did in the last 3 games for Warner, I say watch out Pittsburgh. If he gets that kind of time again, There's nothing Kurt Warner can't do. The Steelers defensive front is formidable though and maybe after they wear down Arizona's offensive line it'll be all Steelers. Hopefully that won't be til late in the game and Arizona will have some points in the bank. Arizona 27 Pittsburgh 24

On the subject on who deserves to be there going through a rough 16 game schedule, The Steelers definitely deserve to be there. I would have liked to see either them the Titans or Colts. All 3 had a fantastic season. On the NFC side It should have been the Giants or the Panthers. Those 5 mentioned I believe had the best season.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Ok who is going to be here to chat about the game?

I'll be here and I'm putting my vbucks on the Steelers!