2/1/09 - Super Bowl XLIII - Arizona Cardinals vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Runnik's Hambones

That amazes me. I mean, Big Ben is a good QB, none of us can dispute that. But his accomplishments don't seem to line up with the player. I mean, although he's accomplished quite impressive feats, there's something about him that makes me hesitate to believe in him as much as his stats suggest I should. All in all, he's a good on the field leader and generally makes the right decisions.

Good post Ram.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Speaking of #86, he is a go despite a sprained knee:

He's a tough guy and a baller compared to these guys, but Sidney Rice and Brandon Lloyd both had MCL sprains and it took them a lot longer than 2 weeks to make any meaningful contributions.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
He's a tough guy and a baller compared to these guys, but Sidney Rice and Brandon Lloyd both had MCL sprains and it took them a lot longer than 2 weeks to make any meaningful contributions.

Great point. My faith in Hines making an impact during the Super Bowl lies in him being a possession receiver. If he can run the curl and slant he's going to be fine. If not you're right.

Coachnorm

Great point. My faith in Hines making an impact during the Super Bowl lies in him being a possession receiver. If he can run the curl and slant he's going to be fine. If not you're right.

Don't forget the blocks or picks that free up Santonio and Sweed for big plays

Jetdoc

I am going to be rooting for Arizona, but personally I don't think that there's any reasonable chance that they will win the game, let alone beat the spread.

Runnik's Hambones

I am going to be rooting for Arizona, but personally I don't think that there's any reasonable chance that they will win the game, let alone beat the spread.

My only problem with saying that, is that we've felt this way about Arizona for EVERY game in the playoffs.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
RUMORS FLY THAT LEBEAU IS READY TO RETIRE
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2009, 11:39 a.m.

ProFootballTalk.com - RUMORS FLY THAT LEBEAU IS READY TO RETIRE

There are mounting rumblings in league circles that Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau could be retiring after next weekend’s Super Bowl.

We first caught wind of the talk on Thursday, and our initial snooping didn’t result in anyone telling us that it was a crazy suggestion — especially since LeBeau is 71. (I hope I look as good as LeBeau when I’m 71. Hell, I’m only 43 and I don’t look as good as LeBeau at 71.)

We opted to post the item because a reader advises that Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan of Sirius NFL Radio were talking on-air about the rumors today.

LeBeau, whose NFL playing and coaching career spans half of a century, deserves serious consideration for the Hall of Fame if the Steelers win another Super Bowl on his watch.

And the strong possibility that Super Bowl XLIII could be the final game of a distinguished career might motivate one or more Steelers defenders to attempt to pummel Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner into retirement, too.

Or do they come apart like the Bucs did upon word of Monte leaving? :xpopcorn:

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
My only problem with saying that, is that we've felt this way about Arizona for EVERY game in the playoffs.

Exactly what I was thinking through those games. I thought there was no way for them to win. But they did. So I'm going with them to cover. I still think Pitt will win though.

Hey Gang!

Turns out my pictures from a few years back of Mike were worth keeping!

Hooray!!!!

Detroit Rock City indeed Mojo

It's all good. just tween you and me partner.