SO Members Mock Draft Disscussion Thread

Fire

in the hole
I like the Davis pick also, was one of the players I had targeted at #20.

Andre Smith was someone that I was afraid would be staring me in the face at #20. Huge talent, but the bust factor scares the crap out of me.

I like Turfs pick of Monroe for the Rams. It came down to him or Curry for me at #1. I like Raji also, if we could trade down a few spots, but that is highly unlikely.

I like all of the picks so far with the small exception of the Beansie Wells choice for Cleveland. A little too high for my tastes, but I do understand the homer factor along with need.

Last edited by a moderator:

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Thanks much Millen. The sentiment is always appreciated.

Seriously though I feel bad for the Lions and their fans last year. Maybe it was karma for your boys kicking my boys' ass in the Stanley Cup Finals?

dukdown

Banned
holey moley, that's funny, had this nagging feeling that I had drafted Sanchez for the Niners with Stafford still on the board, and looked today, and sure enough. The funny thing is I have a feeling that Sanchez would be a better fit for SF than Stafford.

Pretty goofy mock. Like the Curry pick by Detroit, everthing else ehhh.... :grin: I like being in the peanut gallery for this one instead of a participant.

Runnik's Hambones

Bucs pick was actually surprisingly difficult. I actually had Knowshon in mind, but the Bucs signed Ward last night and Knowshon goes to SD. The next thought is QB, but I was hoping Sanchez would or Stafford may possibly fall at least in the mock. Since that didn't happen my thoughts go to Josh Freeman.... Where I like Josh, his presence alone is impressive, I looked at the other holes on the team. We only have 2 receivers (arguably non productive) and I thought long about going defense again. I also had to think about the fact that because of the Winslow trade, the Bucs no longer have a 2nd round pick.

The chance to get a good receiver was too hard to pass up, and I'm extremely high on Nicks.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Chicago needs a WR, a QB, and OL help badly. I'll risk the WR being there later. QBs were gone, so I like the versatility of Max Unger, a listed center who can play any position on the line.

Fire

in the hole
If Backus can make the switch to guard and just be average there, then we just made 2 improvements on the O-line with 1 pick.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well screw you all! ;)

First we have the two top Rbs taken way to fricken early...damn homer pick by cleveland.......:banghead:

Then the OT I had ready to type in all along goes just before my pick :banghead:

Then I notice the top Lbs I wanted are gone :banghead:

So I took another speed outside rusher to give support to Mr. Cole. Making the defense stronger.

I need OT and Safety help very badly in Philly...but I like the Eagles won't reach. Heck...had I actually been the Eagles...I would have traded down for a pick next year. :banghead:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
QB's always seem to drop in this thing. Stafford to 17 won't happen, but man would the Jets love it if he did!!!

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i remember awhile back in a members mock when aaron rodgers plummeted before finally being rescued at like pick 21 or 22 or something. and then it turned out thats *precisely* what happened on draft day.

i know you guys may not be making a sellable product, but hey, this is a mock draft. if we all knew what each team was going to take, then it wouldnt really be any fun for us leading up, now, would it? :)

Fire

in the hole
i remember awhile back in a members mock when aaron rodgers plummeted before finally being rescued at like pick 21 or 22 or something. and then it turned out thats *precisely* what happened on draft day.

Don't forget the mighty Quinn.

jmsmith1

Vikings selection

sorry for the delay, my newborn son was born on friday so been busy

with their pick, the Vikings select Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

jmsmith1

Sorry for the delay guys...

my newborn son was born friday and ive been reaaly busy as you can imagine but i really like some of the picks

1. Detroit - if you keep picking like this, you might actually contend for the division title. I love the Curry pick. You're only cornerstone on defense is the play of Ernie Sims. Getting a terror like Curry would open up a huge whoop ass can. The second pick, I can see why you took Oher. Great value and a steal here, but I think you need to go D line next or CB, say Peria Jerry or Alphonso Smith.

2. St. Louis - No doubt that the Orlando Pace of old is no longer and I think Monroe is the second best OT in the draft. I like Jason Smith a little better, but Monroe is a great athlete.

3. KC - Not sure about this pick. Granted you have Cassel now so the need for a QB is gone, but you still have solid recieving targets in Bowe and if you keep Gonzalez. Crabtree is a good pick here, but my personal opinion is that there is a greater need here along the O line and the secondary.

4. Seattle - I have to say that I thought that Crabtree would be a lock here, but the addition of Houshmandzadeh is great and getting the best lineman in the draft here keeps Hasselbeck on his feet and throwing. Love this kid.

5. Cleveland - Way too early for Beanie Wells in my opinion. There are so many other options that Cleveland could get here and RB is a proven commodity that can be gotten in later rounds. I think this was a huge reach, but good luck to you with him. I think he is a poor man's version of Jamal Lewis.

6. Cincy - With all the holes to fill, why not take the best player available. Raji is flying up draft boards and should be a run stopping force for a division that has solid running games.

7. Oakland - I can see Al Davis doing this. First, I think that Maclin is a great talent, and I know he'll go high, but Oakland needs O line help too and passing OL this early may come back to haunt you, but the one saving grace is that this year's O line crop is deep. So Maclin is still a decent gain, and upgrades the special teams immediately. Think a better recieving version of Ted Ginn.

8. Jacksonville - I really disagree with this pick. Granted Jags have some big needs but they greatly need O lineman and Andre Smith is a road grading tackle that fits their run first style. Think Smith would have been the better selection here.

9. Green Bay - I still think that Green Bay will look at secondary here, but I see the pick. Orakpo comes in and immediately adds to Kampman and should allow the younger LBs to make some plays. If you get consistent pressure on the QB, it takes pressure off your secondary, so I see where you went here.

10. San Francisco - I hate all USC players just because they are smug and seem to need to be coddled (see Matt Leinart), but QB here is sort of a no brainer. Singletary will instill a rough neck attitude on defense, but they need a field general. Shaun Hill is not it.

11. Buffalo - Everette Brown may be one of the most hyped players coming into the draft this year, but his versatility makes him an asset and the Bills need to be able to stop team in their division from scoring. Good pick.

12. Broncos - I dont like the Jenkins pick here. First, you just signed Brian Dawkins at safety, and with Jenkins lackluster speed, he projects to safety. I think you would have been better served to have taken Vontae Davis here. While Davis has some work ethic issues, a young energetic coach should be able to fire him up.

13. Redskins - I like the pick. With the running style of Portis, they need a road grading tackle to step in and be a corner of that line. They addressed D line in FA, so this was a no brainer. Although, I do think that Oher is the better overall tackle prospect.

14. New Orleans - The Jason David experiment didnt wokr and Vontae Davis gives them much more in the secondary. The position pick was a no brainer, but I think you got a much better player in Davis than Jenkins.

15. Houston - I would not take Matthews in the first 20 picks. I think this is a huge reach and Houston has spent alot of picks on defense and are running out of time to put it all together. I'd personally have gone for a DE/OLB hybrid maybe, but Matthews is too high here and is only rising because of concerns that Cushing is on roids.

16. San Diego - Knowshon is a solid pick here, and I like this pick if you are going to keep him on the bench and let him learn the playbook and help on special teams. Get Sproles, your franchised back, more playing time and figure out what you're going to do. If you trade LT, you have a better barometer of what you have for a starting HB in Sproles. If you are planning on keeping LT and dealing Sproles, then you have let Sproles increase his value and trade him. Good pick.

17. NY Jets - I think this a better pick than some might realize. I think Stafford being picked here is probably more indicative of where he deserves to go. But with his inconsistency, can he handle a very scrutinizing media and beat out three other QBs with equal consistency issues? Decent pick.

18. Chicago - The Unger pick, I guess Im a little confused on. First, I think Alex Mack is the better of the OC in the draft. But all I've read is that the Bears are enamored with the DE/OLB from Northern Illinois...Larry English. I think Mack is the better player here and Unger, while talented, is a reach that you could get in the second round.

19. Tampa Bay - While I agree that the Bucs need a WR to compliment Stovall and the new addition of Winslow, I thought for sure that Tampa with stick with the hometown boy in Harvin. But Nicks is solid here and I cant argue with this pick. Now its time to find a QB!

20. Philadelphia - Well this is a pick that Im glad I dont have to make. First, you have to build on the lines and get some younger talent in, but by doing so you make your franchise QB mad without any major additions to aid him. But Maybin makes a nice addition alongside Abiamiri and Laws to shore up the D line in another division that not only is heavy on the running but requires QB pressures.

And with my pick

I took Percy Harvin. Granted I probably could have gone for an O lineman or a LB but I really felt that I needed someone to compliment Berrian. Since Minny lost out on TJ Houshmandzadeh, this one was kind of a no brainer. It was either Harvin or Heyward Bey, but Harvin's versatility makes the edge.