SO Members Mock Draft Disscussion Thread

Fire

in the hole
Safest pick, and Detroit can't afford a bust with the 1st overall.

He is a monster who can play any LB position in any scheme.

Looking forward to see who might be available at #'s 20 and 33.

Runnik's Hambones

What do you guys think about a timer on this? I know it's for fun so if we vote no timer I can understand. Haven't seen MJ on in 24 hours is all, and AD wants to make his pick.

DearbornDolfan

A 12 hour timer would be fair. There's no reason for a person to not find five minutes in a day to make a selection. The people participating should already have a good idea of who they're going to pick anyway.

Runnik's Hambones

I feel that a timer would be fair, lets make it a 24 hour timer though. Meaning that in about an hour, AD will be up for his pick. MJ can make his pick whenever he checks again.

dukdown

Banned
Ideally, we'd use our Board mock draft results to insert any missed picks. If the player was already selected, then we'd go to the next highest vote getter.

I can call Ed (Mustang) and get his pick today. He's on the West Coast, so needs a little time to wake up here.

Runnik's Hambones

Thanks duk.

We'll stick to a 24 hour timer for the moment, but if things start picking up (which I'm hoping they will), we will have the ability to knock the timer down to 12 hours.

Miller and I will keep track of players against the timer and we can fill in picks from the mocks.

Thanks guys!

Runnik's Hambones

I can call Ed (Mustang) and get his pick today. He's on the West Coast, so needs a little time to wake up here.

Good point duk. Because this rule is just now being placed into effect and it's 8AM on the West Coast on a Saturday, I will allow MJ the time difference between EST and PST of 3 additional hours.

If his pick is not submitted by 2pm EST (11am PST), he will be skipped.

NOTE: This will be our first and only exception to the timer rule. By the time the next pick is due (latest possible time being Sunday, 2pm PST) everyone should have had time enough to read this post and understand that we are on a 24 hour timer. This is for fun, so lets keep it moving. If you miss a post, it's not the end of the world, so don't bitch about it please.

Thanks guys!

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
im around quite a bit and not signed up for any teams. i can volunteer myself to make a best available pick if needed for a case like this. if not, no big deal, and i cant do much past the first round probably, but i know the names mostly now.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Another things to keep in mind here is if your going to be up and know you won't be around send a list to someone.....many of us are here often, find someone who plans to be around and give them a list.

Runnik's Hambones

MJ's timer has expired, the pick was made for him.

3rd pick, Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech. Aaron Curry and Eugine were already selected at 1 and 2. Where I thought about going defense and OL for the Cheifs, I took into consideration the trade that they made earlier today (Vrabel and Cassel for 2009 2nd round pick). Decided to go Crabtree because of the dual threat that I feel he would give Matt Cassel between himself and Dwayne Bowe. Consider it triple if Gonzo sticks around, but I figured that would be up in the air. He's already said before that he wants out, and if the Cheifs could get a 2nd and 5th round deal like Cleveland did dealing Winslow to the Bucs, KC would have gotten their 2nd round pick back and an extra 5th round pick to work on their defense.

Seattle Seahawks (Arctic Dawgs) is now on the clock!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah prior to the Cassel move you would have thought Stafford would be a great pick here, but with QB out Crab becomes a possibility as they try to get more play makers in that offense. Have to think OT is a very large possibility here as well.