SO Members Mock Draft Disscussion Thread

Runnik's Hambones

At that point in the draft Miller, you're right, my only other consideration, frankly, was OL. Again, since Aaron Curry was picked (would have been my KC 1st choice), my choices became slim (when dealing with #3 pick talent that is).

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If a tackle was what he wanted, I feel Smith is the best available option. I was initially tempted to look WR or QB, but I have always believed the way to build is on the line first.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Mr. Hack's internet is down, sent him a text, will pick for him when I get his pick, but I will be leaving for supper shortly, may be after I get back.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
cool, that's cool with me, just wanted to be sure we weren't getting hasty here.

Jason Smith is a great pick, it's who I was hoping would fall to #6

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
alright, just talked to him, he's going with his heart here....Chris Wells.....I'm a homer, and even I don't like him this early...

I would have loved a top OT here, but the one left screams big, lazy, BUST!!! If Jason Smith was still on the board, pick would have been easy....with him off the board I went to the Defensive line and took a player I am very high on, BJ Raji. Raji and Peko in the middle will give this team two young anchors in the middle of their line.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Went for the dire need on defense for Buffalo. Need pressure from the DE position...and Brown is a rushing machine. Wr was a thought...as was TE...but not this high. OT was another consideration as well..but andre smith scares me.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
With Raji and Rey gone, we went with the top corner. His speed is in question so if he has to move to safety in a couple years, its still all good - we have some new, but very old safeties.

mills

Was tempted to take Brian Cushing here, as the Saints need help in most of their defense, but I think they're most suspect in the pass. With all of their other failed attempts at a great CB, I think Davis is exactly what they're looking for.

Runnik's Hambones

I really like the last two picks. Andre Smith is a steal anywhere out of the top 5 because of his f-up at the combine. He'll fit very nicely in Washington and some help blocking for Portis is always nice.

Davis is an exceptional CB that I honestly think would help the Saints out, tremendously. I watch them closely as they are in the NFC South and they could use some secondary.

Good selections guys.