SO GM Mock Draft #2 Discussion Thread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
draft going the same as the first one for Cincy. After missing out on J Smith or Monroe in the first they address their Oline need by adding what Feel is the last first round possible talent at Tackle left. Beatty is a nice prospect who shows nice athleticism and has a good frame. Excels in pass protection, but needs to improve as a run blocker. Good value for this spot.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I've seen on a couple 'Hawk sites where they have some people checking out Sanchez. I've also seen where they feel he'd be better for Seattles West Coast system than Stafford. Please tell me this is just smokescreen

I heard something on talk radio today that makes sense and I agree with.. that Seattle's overstating their newfound interest of Sanchez in order to grab a package of picks from Denver to move back 8 spots.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
on the Sanchez to Seattle rumor's I heard Mel talking about this possibility last week. He stated he heard they are interested in him, not sure how much fire or just a whole lot of smoke.....but it's something I would LOVE to see.....another good player falls ;)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i absolutely love duke robinson. id be very happy to see the vikings take him in the first round. any run first team is going to have that guy going to pro bowls for a long time imo.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah I've about taken him in both mocks at Cincy's 2nd round pick, and would not mind at all if they did. This would kinda be like taking a tackle as they can plug Duke in at guard and move Whitworth over to his natural tackle position.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Might have been a little early for Wood, but no way he would still be there for the 3rd rd pick

Not at all, that's a fantastic pick. I had Wood locked in at #32 after Mack and Unger went off the board early, and before Maybin slid so far.
His stock is one of the fastest risers since the combine.

im actually more excited about oher than any of the other tackle prospects personally. but it was still a dumb mock pick because it threw off any remote shot at realistic drafting from the very 1st pick.

I like Oher if I am going to wait on taking a OT. He is great value if he falls at all behind J Smith and E Monroe. Not much of a gap between them so any distance between those 2 and him makes him a steal.

In theory that is a great idea.....but when is the last time you saw an incentive laden deal for a top 10 draft pick? They get a BOAT load of guaranteed money and are a massive investment. If you are not ready to make that investment and prefer a different deal all you will end up with is a messy hold out and a even worse situation.

Times are tough for everyone and with the recent push to compensate proven vets rather than untested rookies - seems a good time to implement something like that. Especially with the new NFLPA posturing that negotiating is going to get ugly.

What incentives would you implement for OL though?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Times aren't that tough for the NFL.......they will not be able to do this until they collectively bargain a rookie cap scale. In the present system, he'll get a boat load of guaranteed money if you take him in the first, just the way the system works.

bobbeaux

i had selected moore in the 1st mock, but a lot of the top fs/cb options were already taken . . . although moore would still be a nice pick by the texans, fs is a bigger need and with a player that can also play cb, this pick would help solidify the texans secondary . . . ;)

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i love lesean mccoy. think hes just as good of a pick or better than the RBs headed into the first round.