SO GM Mock Draft #2 Discussion Thread

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
im actually more excited about oher than any of the other tackle prospects personally. but it was still a dumb mock pick because it threw off any remote shot at realistic drafting from the very 1st pick.
funny thing is, if I had the ability to look into the future and post the entire first round right now.......most would say it would be unrealistic.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
yeah, im aware of that. the whole thing is a shot in the dark. but at least near the top, we have enough information to get somewhat close, not draft a guy at #1 that has never been even slightly mentioned there or even into the top 5 at all.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree, but it's done and over with. The discussions are the true value anyways. And once Stafford came off the board, the mock went back to somewhat reality at least from that pick's impact...

Arctic Dawgs

i agree, just talking o-linemen.

As far as Seattle, If Smith and Monroe are gone I would rather they took Oher than Stafford, Sanchez, Crabtree, Curry, Orapko, Raji, etc... if they weren't able to trade back to a spot where they were guaranteed Oher

Better to reach a little to make sure you get the guy you want/need than to miss out because it is too early

dukdown

Banned
For what it's worth, Kiper is saying that the Lions are going to take Stafford #1, and that both the Rams and Seahawks are looking at taking Sanchez.

Arctic Dawgs

For what it's worth, Kiper is saying that the Lions are going to take Stafford #1, and that both the Rams and Seahawks are looking at taking Sanchez.

I've seen on a couple 'Hawk sites where they have some people checking out Sanchez. I've also seen where they feel he'd be better for Seattles West Coast system than Stafford. Please tell me this is just smokescreen

praying:

Runnik's Hambones

I've actually heard that rumor as well guys. But I heard that the Hawks were looking to trade back a few spots, perhaps grab a vet OT from a team that desperately wants to move up, then they'll grab Sanchez.

Personally, not sure which team is THAT desperate to move up to that pick. Unless they're freaking Hell-bent on getting Aaron Curry.

Runnik's Hambones

Great pick, jmsmith1. Very, very realistic choice IMO.

Runnik's Hambones said:
23. New England Patriots - JMsmith1 - Clint Sintim - LB - Virginia
Perfect. Looking to replace Vrabel, Clint Sintim is already a Bellichek guy and he's not even in the pros yet. NOTE: I really like CB Darius Butler here too. Keep an eye out for him.

Arctic Dawgs

I've actually heard that rumor as well guys. But I heard that the Hawks were looking to trade back a few spots, perhaps grab a vet OT from a team that desperately wants to move up, then they'll grab Sanchez.

:hmmm: I have not seen that rumour but it adds up. Ruskell has his players (3/4 years worth) and his coaches in place. There is a fair amount of chatter that this is a make or break year for him. Getting a short term OT they could use right away might show enough improvement for him to keep his job. Gawd I hope not

:scared:

dukdown

Banned
I think it might be argued that the drop-off between the OT you can get at the top of the 1st and top of the 2nd round is fairly negligible, while the drop-off at QB is chasmatic (thanks, just made it up)

Arctic Dawgs

I think it might be argued that the drop-off between the OT you can get at the top of the 1st and top of the 2nd round is fairly negligible, while the drop-off at QB is chasmatic (thanks, just made it up)

Yes, But now you have to choose between Center/Guard and Tackle/Guard. Seattle needs both in the worst way

Runnik's Hambones

Yes, But now you have to choose between Center/Guard and Tackle/Guard. Seattle needs both in the worst way

Oh, I almost forgot about Guard. You guys could go Sanchez with the first pick, and wait until the 2nd round to get the TOP ranked guard in this draft: Duke Robinson

He's awesome. I wrote the NFL Impact for Duke

Then, in the 3rd round, you could select the 9-10th ranked OT in the draft, Gerald Cadogan, Penn St. Not bad numbers whatsoever and what I like about this guy, he's smart and committed. He's known very well for his Academic success as well as his on-the-field production. He helped the lions to 1,000 yard season on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arctic Dawgs

Oh, I almost forgot about Guard. You guys could go Sanchez with the first pick, and wait until the 2nd round to get the TOP ranked guard in this draft: Duke Robinson

He's awesome. I wrote the NFL Impact for Duke

Then, in the 3rd round, you could select the 9-10th ranked OT in the draft, Gerald Cadogan, Penn St. Not bad numbers whatsoever and what I like about this guy, he's smart and committed. He's known very well for his Academic success as well as his on-the-field production. He helped the lions to 1,000 yard season on the ground.

LOL, To bad you guys can't use me on your fantasy fishing teams. I'm just under 200lbs and it looks like I bite on everything

Ya that might work but now they don't get the center or the RB they need until 4th round or later. And we know TR loves to draft defensive guys. When will he grab a LB or Safety ??

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
watch mentioning names of guys who have not been drafted, we gave JM grief for it in the first one ;)

bobbeaux

Going to do some critiquing. Do not feel like I think your picks are dumb by any means, because I don't feel that way. Just mostly doing it as a bit of homework for the draft special show. Will likely have to come in and out of editing this because I'm currently producing the men's baseball game in-studio at WBUL.

30. Tennessee Titans - bobbeaux - Percy Harvin - WR - Florida
I guess if Harvin is still available you take him? I think DE/ILB is a more important pick here.

in a way, yeah, i took him because he was there . . . the titans really do need more talent at wr though . . . they picked up nate washington in fa and have a couple younger guys that are coming off of injuries that have yet to show what they can do for the team, but putting harvin in the slot would really open up this offense, imho . . . honestly though, i'd rather see a slightly bigger guy on the titans, like robiskie, maybe . . . they'd probably have to move up in the 2nd to get him though . . . ;)

on the other point, the value at ilb after the top 2 are gone is more towards the titans 2nd rnd pick and the value isn't really there for the 4-3 de's that might be available . . . i won't mention names, but there are 2 notables at de, but work ethic and experience have me shying away from them as prospects with this pick . . . the 3-4 tweeners aren't a really good option for this team either . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

With Monroe and Wood that rejuvinates the the O Line that has declined and been ignored during Ruskells term so far in Seattle

Might have been a little early for Wood, but no way he would still be there for the 3rd rd pick