SO GM Mock Draft #2 Discussion Thread

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
deuce you JERK, first you took all day (sort of) and then on top of it, you took the one guy i really wanted. BOOOOO. :sadbanana:

Runnik's Hambones

Houston, spot on. I love getting a RB in the 3rd round. I understand the talk of Beanie Wells, but this helps the team so much more.

Moala will thrive in SD's 3-4. Good selection, DB.

Another note, I check this thread quite often to keep it moving, if I happen to get to it first DB, I'll select for the Giants. In order to keep it going lets just make the selection; whichever one of us gets here first.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
we're at 16 or 17 hours since i made my pick. should someone put in a pick for lemmer? obviously we only have a week left before the draft.

Runnik's Hambones

We'll keep a closer eye on the timmer, but I think we'll be fine.

As for my pick for the Bucs, Ramses Barden, if I had to list their needs in order I would probably say WR, DT/DE, LB, DB. I grabbed Peria Jerry in the 1st round. With no 2nd round pick to get a DE, had to sit back and watched them go. Now looking at who was left, I think I'd get better value out of WR in the 3rd round. This would allow for the Bucs to look at DE/LB/DB in the 4th.

I love Barden. He didn't play against any good competition because he played division 2, but he's big, quick, runs great routs and has good hands. He's also very physical.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i love what i see in barden, everything about him. the size, the hands, the physicality... just not sure i see him succeeding in the nfl when any wr in his mold has been such a colossal failure in recent nfl years.

bobbeaux

houston would have to be ecstatic to come out of the 1st 3 rds with lb clay matthews, fs louis delmas and rb rashad jennings . . . with 2 picks in the 4th on the way . . . ;)

Arctic Dawgs

Redskins need starters at QB, OT, WR, and LB by most accounts. I went OT then LB because that is how I would rank the positions in importance.

Only having 2 picks in the first 4 rounds there isn't much option of getting someone later

Runnik's Hambones

Hmm... Pat White to NE in the 3rd... Not exactly sure how I feel about that pick to be honest. While I could see Bill taking that gamble, especially since they have that many picks, I don't know if I see him gambling just yet in the draft. Who knows though, because I actually think White would fit in nicely, could allow for all sorts of trick plays.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
thought about taking pat white for minn. ive seen him going to minn in the 2nd in many mocks, though more to dallas lately. i think he sucks as an nfl prospect personally.

Runnik's Hambones

While I like the idea of adding depth to your OL, I would have liked to have seen the Titans go TE with that pick. I think Crumpler's done and they don't have a great receiving core. I know they got Harvin in the 1st but there's a couple of very talented TEs still on the board that would have made that offense great.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Went need again with AZ's 3rd round pick. Follett won out over 2 other similarly rated LB prospects that I was torn over. His main weakness is dropping into pass coverage, which is totally fixable with coaching.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Very pleased with Urbik in the late-3rd. 6'5", 320 lbs, versatile in that he could move out to RT in a pinch, and he comes from one of the traditionally solid programs for O-lineman.
Like in Follet's case, as I was researching Urbik, the same weaknesses kept popping up, but they were all things that will be easily remedied once he's exposed to NFL level coaching. I honestly believe he's the type of kid that can start in week 1.

bobbeaux

While I like the idea of adding depth to your OL, I would have liked to have seen the Titans go TE with that pick. I think Crumpler's done and they don't have a great receiving core. I know they got Harvin in the 1st but there's a couple of very talented TEs still on the board that would have made that offense great.

te bo scaife led the team in receptions last year and they picked up te craig stevens in the 3rd rnd of last years draft . . . the need at the position just wasn't there.

they lost their main b/u ot to free agency and only had 1 other true tackle on the team behind the starters . . . this had to be filled especially with the importance of the running game for this team . . . ;)

urbik was a solid value here, but i really needed ot . . . surprising how the run on positions changed from the 1st mock to the 2nd . . . o-linemen went a lot quicker in this mock . . . ;)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
sorry I overlook Baker....did it on the fly, guess I didn't think to look for a fringe 3rd rd talent in the 2nd round ;)

Runnik's Hambones

te bo scaife led the team in receptions last year and they picked up te craig stevens in the 3rd rnd of last years draft . . . the need at the position just wasn't there.

Interesting, Scaife doesn't ring a bell whatsoever. I don't remember him one bit. I mean, I know who he is, but I don't remember hearing his name at all last season.