Report - Favre to remain retired

GBG

Loser
My take on everything:

Favre has several sources of pain in his shoulder. The torn tendon is easy to correct and therefore, Favre will have surgery later this week to determine if that is the main cause of all the pain.

If all goes well and it is determined that the tear was the cause of so much pain, then it is expected that he will sign with Minnesota.

However, if, after he is rehabilitated (4-6 weeks), he is still experiencing pain, then the cause of said pain obviously went deeper than the torn biceps tendon and he is expected to stay retired b/c any further surgery would be pointless in regards to his age, recovery time and the start of the season.

Bottom line: the tendon will be surgically released later this week so Favre knows his options.

I shouldn't be surprised since he apparently wants to return. He has resisted surgery for so long I find it difficult to comprehend his reasoning for this latest reversal.

GBG

Loser
I shouldn't be surprised since he apparently wants to return. He has resisted surgery for so long I find it difficult to comprehend his reasoning for this latest reversal.

That's what I'm saying.....he's got to make sure that the torn tendon is all that is wrong with his arm. Therefore, he needs to have this surgery ASAP (since the tendon won't release on its own). Keep in mind though, that this is a VERY simple procedure....

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
It's very simple procedure for a guy in his late 20's or early 30's. Hopefully he still heals fast.

My ears start bleeding every time I hear the latest "Breaking News" on this drama. I'll wake up when he signs on the dotted line. And then I'll draft accordingly. LOL

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Just read this:

In the latest sign that Brett Favre is planning to end his retirement and play in the NFL in 2009, a report out Monday says that he is set to have surgery this week to repair his injured throwing shoulder.

That's what I'm saying.....he's got to make sure that the torn tendon is all that is wrong with his arm. Therefore, he needs to have this surgery ASAP (since the tendon won't release on its own). Keep in mind though, that this is a VERY simple procedure....

But why was he so adamantly against the surgery prior to a possible comeback?

GBG

Loser
But why was he so adamantly against the surgery prior to a possible comeback?

Why go through the surgery and rehab (at 40!) if the tendon could just pop on its own?

Also, at the very beginning of all this, they didn't realize that there could be a deeper problem. Enter Dr. Andrews.

dukdown

Banned
Contrary to reports, Brett Favre does not have an appointment with Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday and doesn't consider surgery on his partially torn biceps tendon to be imminent, according to a source.

112.jpg

Favre

Favre discussed surgical and non-surgical options with Andrews last week, as ESPN has reported.

Citing unnamed sources, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported that Favre was to meet with Andrews on Tuesday in Birmingham, Alabama, to discuss surgery on his throwing shoulder and that the procedure was expected to be performed later this week.

Favre, however, remains focused on non-surgical options, including cortisone injections and natural movements like light throwing and bicep curls that might cause the tendon to release naturally, the source told ESPN. If the tendon releases and the pain subsides, Favre is virtually certain to play again. If he has surgery and his arm strength diminishes or the pain remains, he will remain retired, the source said.

At 39, Favre believes the less he has to do to correct the problem the better as he believes he still possesses the arm strength he had 10 years ago. The difference now is the injury is causing pain. According to the source, Favre will return to the NFL to play for the Minnesota Vikings if the tendon ruptures and it makes him pain-free. If he submits to arthroscopic surgery and it fails to resolve the problem, then Favre intends to remain retired.

Either way, Favre is losing patience, causing the source to say the shoulder problem must be overcome soon or Favre is likely to abandon his effort to play a 19th NFL season.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN.

Why go through the surgery and rehab (at 40!) if the tendon could just pop on its own?

Also, at the very beginning of all this, they didn't realize that there could be a deeper problem. Enter Dr. Andrews.

But even when this issue originally arose he was still in GB wasn't he? I thought he had been totally set against going under the proverbial knife. Wasn't part of the reason for retiring to avoid surgery?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Favre is becoming such a douchebag about this. One day he is retired, next day he is noy, then he is, gonna have surgery, not having surgery, ok back to having surgery, nope no surgery planned, and thats only 15 minutes. I can't believe he is being such an attention whore. What i can't believe more is i am actually paying attention to this D'bag.

Remote Controller

-- Vikings May Have Seen Favre's MRIs --
Mon May 25, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
Pioneer Press' Charley Walters reports QB Brett Favre, who was scheduled to meet the other day with noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews about his frayed biceps tendon in Birmingham, Ala., remains a decent bet to sign with the Vikings. There is strong reason to believe that the Vikings already have seen MRIs of Favre's biceps tendon

ExperiencedRookie

Favre is becoming such a douchebag about this. One day he is retired, next day he is noy, then he is, gonna have surgery, not having surgery, ok back to having surgery, nope no surgery planned, and thats only 15 minutes. I can't believe he is being such an attention whore. What i can't believe more is i am actually paying attention to this D'bag.

It's like an awful car crash that leaves a body wrapped around a steering wheel.

You can't look away. It's ok.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
It's like an awful car crash that leaves a body wrapped around a steering wheel.

You can't look away. It's ok.

Ding DIng Ding, We have a winner. Its so true, after all this crap going on with him, i try not to care about it. But as i am not caring, there i am reading and here is my not caring self taking time to respond to article about him AGAIN. HAHA

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
-- Vikings May Have Seen Favre's MRIs --
Mon May 25, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
Pioneer Press' Charley Walters reports QB Brett Favre, who was scheduled to meet the other day with noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews about his frayed biceps tendon in Birmingham, Ala., remains a decent bet to sign with the Vikings. There is strong reason to believe that the Vikings already have seen MRIs of Favre's biceps tendon

Damnit Brett, Just sign already. :shake: