Report - Favre to remain retired

dukdown

Banned
Well, that was fun.

----------------------------

Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired
By Rick Schwartz

The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

The source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired in a phone call that took place sometime in the last day. Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre retired after the 2008 season, which he spent with the New York Jets. There was speculation that the Vikings were interested in bringing in a veteran to compete with Sage Rosenfels(notes), who was acquired this offseason from the Houston Texans. Rosenfels is atop the depth chart heading into training camp, with Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty(notes) also on the roster.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So, will Rosefels pull a Cutler....or will he be like Campbell instead????

GBG

Loser
I cannot even tell you how happy this makes me.

Whew.

I am glad I did not go off the handle when all this crap started as I would have regretted talking shit about Favre. I will be very interested to hear what he has to say in his public statement, however.

ExperiencedRookie

So, will Rosefels pull a Cutler....or will he be like Campbell instead????

Neither. He has no ego to bruise.

I hope this puts a chip on his shoulder. I actually really like Sage and felt that he was 1 of the best backup QBs in the game last year.

I hope he can have success in Minnesota.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I find it hard to believe, after last years actions and all the talk that has happened the past few days, i won't be surprised if he does end up signing and playing one more year.

Until I put my finger through the holes in his hands, I will doubt this report.

I see a resurrection. Which is probably ironic, considering the doubting Thomas quote.

ExperiencedRookie

Am I the only person who looked at the heading of this thread and thought that it read :

Report - Favre to remain retarded.

??

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Hear the latest now? I knew it. Evidentily the Vikings are evaluating Favres x-rays of his right shoulder. Rumor has it, anything less than major surgery and Favre is a Viking. I am not suprised one bit. I feel bad for the Vikings Qb , T. Jackson , right now. He has to be frustrated right now with this. I bet he asks for a trade if Favre comes in.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Bomb, just curious from the Vik homer POV, are you welcoming Favre in with open arms?

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Bomb, just curious from the Vik homer POV, are you welcoming Favre in with open arms?

If the Vikings are going to lose games with interceptions, it may as well be with a HOFer. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Rosenrosen.

Remote Controller

• -- Brett Favre Working with High School Kids --
    Mon May 11, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The Star Tribune reports J.D. Simpson acts as team chaplain for Oak Grove High School, where retired QB Brett Favre works with the football team to stay in shape. Simpson warmed up with Favre on Monday before Favre threw to the team's receivers. "I didn't have a helmet on," Simpson said. "I wish I had. I help out with the receivers, and he threw a few that bounced off some facemasks out there. His arm is there. He's had the same problem with his left arm that he's having with his right. He told me John Elway had the same problem in his last year. It's a certain throwing angle or motion that hurts. It doesn't hurt all the time, though, and just looking at him throwing, you can't tell there's anything wrong with it."

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Neither. He has no ego to bruise.

I hope this puts a chip on his shoulder. I actually really like Sage and felt that he was 1 of the best backup QBs in the game last year.

I hope he can have success in Minnesota.

I like Sage as well, figured he'd be in for a pretty decent year at the helm for the Vikes.

Hear the latest now? I knew it. Evidentily the Vikings are evaluating Favres x-rays of his right shoulder. Rumor has it, anything less than major surgery and Favre is a Viking. I am not suprised one bit. I feel bad for the Vikings Qb , T. Jackson , right now. He has to be frustrated right now with this. I bet he asks for a trade if Favre comes in.
This all plays into the fact Favre must appear above board in his year with the Jets.

He's gonna play for the Vikings.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre. He's a great QB but he is ruining his image by doing this. He just needs to go retire in the Bayou and stay out of site. Him and John Madden can hang out and talk about how great he is all day. Him and John Madden eating some alliposirrel (the bayou's turducken - Alligator stuffed with a possum stuffed with a squirrel) playing Madden 09 with Favre on the cover.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre. He's a great QB but he is ruining his image by doing this. He just needs to go retire in the Bayou and stay out of site. Him and John Madden can hang out and talk about how great he is all day. Him and John Madden eating some alliposirrel (the bayou's turducken - Alligator stuffed with a possum stuffed with a squirrel) playing Madden 09 with Favre on the cover.

Oh norm you know you can't talk like that about favre. No one can never talk bad about favre if you do you are clearly jeaoulous. :shake:

GBG

Loser
I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre. He's a great QB but he is ruining his image by doing this.

I totally agree with this.

Favre isn't a bad person or anything, I think he is just going through some sort of mid-life crisis and, like most men at a certain age, is at a crossroad in his life. However, he is tarnishing his iconic image by putting his fans, his family and his career through this garbage disposal. It's quite sad.