You have the #2 pick.....who you taking?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So AP is #1, not many will argue this......but who you taking at #2?

Foster - already fighting minor injuries again, do you trust him at 2?
Martin - after 1 year can you pull the trigger at 2?
Charles -focal point of Reid's offense, but #2?
Calvin Johnson - do you go with the dominant WE in a pot?

So who's #2?

For me...I would still lean foster and take Tate a rd earlier than I think I need to.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
If its ppr and I had to pick right now I'd probably go Charles but that opinion could definitely be swayed in the next few weeks. Should be capable of big #'s in KC this year and Foster makes me nervous.

ExperiencedRookie

#2 is actually really tough!

Foster seems like the obvious answer, but hes dinged up, has Tate behind him, and has a 3 year dropping YPC. Hes had some pretty heavy work loads since exploding on the scene.

Charles looks really sexy, but there are concerns there too. Sure, Reid seems like the type of dude to turn him into Westbrook Midwest, but this offense is still pretty middling. Plus, Charles is a smaller guy. He's already been the victim of a season ending injury before. Love his speed and upside though.

Doug Martin might actually be the safest play. He's a stud, gets goal line work, has no competition for touches, plays in an above average offense, catches the ball. He's very well rounded. I think that's my pick.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think Charles as well, just look at Westbrook's numbers in this offense

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't think Charles can stay on the field. Foster has been pretty durable. I'll take Foster.

Zach

I personally hate betting on what might be. Granted that is fantasy football - but I want a proven track record with the #2 pick - or any really high pick. Same reason you can find a thread on here saying I would not take Foster number #1 a few years back is exactly why I would take him #2 this year.

A

Axe Elf

I don't think Charles can stay on the field. Foster has been pretty durable. I'll take Foster.
Charles has been an Ironman. Other than missing most of 2011 with a torn knee (which obviously healed, based on his 1745 yards last season), he's missed only one other game in his five year career. I don't get where this idea that Charles is injury-prone comes from.

Other than Charles' knee year, Foster has missed more games that Charles (3 games in 3 years).

Zach

Charles has been an Ironman. Other than missing most of 2011 with a torn knee (which obviously healed, based on his 1745 yards last season), he's missed only one other game in his five year career. I don't get where this idea that Charles is injury-prone comes from.

Other than Charles' knee year, Foster has missed more games that Charles (3 games in 3 years).

So other than the 11 more games Charles has missed than Foster - Charles has missed less games?

God I am trying so hard right now not to pin down which way you vote :)

A

Axe Elf

Well, obviously you tear up your knee in Game 2 of the season, you're going to miss a lot of games. But that's one problem, and he had one other problem that caused him to miss one additional game in his entire five year career. That's not exactly being "injury-prone."

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Would not classify Charles as injury prone.....Foster has shown he will play through minor injuries, but does tend to get banged up more. Neither I would classify as high injury risks.

jjtweeks

other than the games foster missed he hasn't missed any games =P

cctekguy

Staff member
Foster has averaged 336 carries per year over the last 3 years. Charles has averaged 231 carries (not counting his injury season (2) or his rookie year (67)) in his 5 years.

Never said Charles was injury prone. Said I didn't think he could stay on the field i.e. handle a 336 carry workload.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Foster has averaged 336 carries per year over the last 3 years. Charles has averaged 231 carries (not counting his injury season (2) or his rookie year (67)) in his 5 years.

Never said Charles was injury prone. Said I didn't think he could stay on the field i.e. handle a 336 carry workload.
He doesn't need to. He will get about 300+ touches, but not all will be runs. he will get a ton of receptions, and that will raise his value in open space to hit the big plays.

cctekguy

Staff member
Over the same time span noted above, he has about half the receptions of Foster.

You Charles guys are really adamant. I like that, but as a frustrated Chiefs fan I just don't see ANY Chief reaching his potential.

efactor

Coming at you
Was leaning towards Martin, but kind of starting to think Charles is the one. I like the fact that he got the 1 yard TD tonight. Reid won't pull his best player down by the goal line.

I have the 4th pick in FFPC so hope one of them falls.

A

Axe Elf

Charles was involved in 8 of the 14 plays on the Chiefs' opening scoring drive. He accounted for 40 yards of the 80 yard drive and caught 3 balls on 3 targets--and as e said--scored the dunk TD--all in 6:23 of the first quarter.

If he keeps up this pace all season, Charles will have 451 catches, 6016 combined yards, and 150 TDs.

Yeah, ok, but it looks good for him is all I'm saying.