Vikings/Patriots talking trade of Randy Moss

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
If you don't realize what Moss means to your offensive scheme then I don't know what to say to you. He IS the reason Welker runs wild underneathe. Welker will still get those catches, but he is also going to get tagged quicker and harder by more defenders now, as there will be a few more guys in his zip code. The biggest effect might be felt by the very mediocre running game, as Randy made their lives much easier. Brady will make this work, and be fine, it just won't be as easy. ADP is doing cartwheels, and that is going to be the biggest bonus for the Vikes. Their game is gonna go wide open now, and there is gonna be plenty of room for Harvins, ADP, and Shiancoe. Harvins is gonna be unbelievable, and ADP already is. Give it a few weeks.

This only happens about once a year but I agree with RC. :)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Vikings sources tell Yahoo's Michael Silver that the "frost" between Brett Favre and coach Brad Childress is "palpable right now."

Silver hints that Wednesday's Randy Moss trade was Childress' way of extending an olive branch to Favre, with one Vikings player joking, "You think Chilly picks (Moss) up at the airport?" Silver also writes that Sidney Rice (PUP, hip) "may not make it back at all in 2010," while calling Bernard Berrian a "soon-to-be-demoted starter." It appears this will be the Moss-Harvin-Adrian Peterson show, with the rest of the Vikings skill players taking a backseat.
Source: Yahoo Sports

Remote Controller

Okay, I won't deny the fact that most defenses respected Randy, and covered accordingly.

But seriously...do any of you really think they didn't target Welker as well? Really? Oh, I am DC, and I will just let Welker go...and make sure Randy doesn't beat me. NO FRIGGEN WAY. The man was a 100 rec. Wr. Not milk toast.

It is why I don't see a big change for Welker, neither gain or loss. No, to me the big winner isn't Tate, who will gain. Its Hernandez and Gronk. They will get alot more targets now.

I am also not sold that Harvin will be all that more either. Got to make Randy happy. And AP.
They had to concentrate on the deep strike first and take that away, because Brady was and is good enough to hit that anytime it appears. They stopped that first. Welker is incredible, and he and Brady are connected by frontal lobes, but atleast he is in front of you and you can lesson the damages of the 70 yard strike. Together the two were brutal to cover. Harvins and Moss will be just as lethal and harvins is a better runner with more speed.

Remote Controller

rotoworld,
Vikings sources tell Yahoo's Michael Silver that the "frost" between Brett Favre and coach Brad Childress is "palpable right now."

Silver hints that Wednesday's Randy Moss trade was Childress' way of extending an olive branch to Favre, with one Vikings player joking, "You think Chilly picks (Moss) up at the airport?" Silver also writes that Sidney Rice (PUP, hip) "may not make it back at all in 2010," while calling Bernard Berrian a "soon-to-be-demoted starter." It appears this will be the Moss-Harvin-Adrian Peterson show, with the rest of the Vikings skill players taking a backseat.
I bet you that a healthy Shiancoe will be involved too. Favre loves him some TE. :grin: .......and Nikki, that hurt :shake:

:grin::homer::hug: next I'll have you voting for the momma bear!

Remote Controller

It is why I don't see a big change for Welker, neither gain or loss. No, to me the big winner isn't Tate, who will gain. Its Hernandez and Gronk. They will get alot more targets now.
I agree with this, especially hernandez. I never said Welker would be shut down for this. I just think it will be a bit harder to come by for him at a higher cost with his body.

xqj47alpha

Banned
rotoworld,

isn't that one of the best quotes in some time?