Torry Holt to the Jags?

Coachnorm

Good deal for the Jags as so far they have only been letting WRs go.

The Titans, another team that could use a WR upgrade and hasn't done so has QB Kerry Collins making remarks like " It would be nice to see us draft a WR high". :grin:

Mike

Administrator
I think this is a horrible move for Holt if he does it. Maybe the money is better there, but the Jaquars are not contending for a title (my opinion, of course). Seems he would want to go somewhere that is closer to the current top tier of teams.

bobbeaux

stretching the field for mjd is always a good thing . . . torry holt / jimmy smith . . . this could be just what they needed . . . ;)

Coachnorm

I think this is a horrible move for Holt if he does it. Maybe the money is better there, but the Jaquars are not contending for a title (my opinion, of course). Seems he would want to go somewhere that is closer to the current top tier of teams.

I agree, both the Jags and the Titans have show the interest. It would seem like the Titans offer the most overall upside from a total picture standpoint.

Coachnorm

stretching the field for mjd is always a good thing . . . torry holt / jimmy smith . . . this could be just what they needed . . . ;)

It is great for the Jags as they needed a WR badly, several actually. Holt will help out Garrard a lot.

ExperiencedRookie

3 years for Holt's old ass? Wow.

I wonder what the perception of this move is from a Jax natives mind.

I know if that's my team, I'm not crazy about giving Holt a 3 year deal.

Torry Holt lost The Rev, SJax and Orlando Pace and went from being the best WR (or almost) to the worst, and oldest.

It hurts to see him go to Jagsonville, but it could have been Georgia Tech.

He's gonna get a grand and at least 5 td's.

I think he's a second round pick that will get great payoff in the third, fourth or fifth. A great target to watch for in the IBL drafts A,B,C and even D.

Not sure Jax was the place for Torry to finish, but for that kind of money, why not?
good point TP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Ok, now that we have heard more about the Deal. The Jags are only on the hook for one year $3million. While it is a 3year deal the Jags have the option on the other two years. They can cut Holt after one year with no penalties. The other two years have a minumum salary of $1.3 million and all the rest of the money can be earned but it will be by reaching certain Playing/performance incentives. Not a bad deal for the Jags and should Holt prove to be the #1WR in Jacksonville the next 3 years a good deal for him.

ExperiencedRookie

Ok, now that we have heard more about the Deal. The Jags are only on the hook for one year $3million. While it is a 3year deal the Jags have the option on the other two years. They can cut Holt after one year with no penalties. The other two years have a minumum salary of $1.3 million and all the rest of the money can be earned but it will be by reaching certain Playing/performance incentives. Not a bad deal for the Jags and should Holt prove to be the #1WR in Jacksonville the next 3 years a good deal for him.

That is a pretty nice deal for Jax. I highly doubt Holt will live up to any performance incentives.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster

Thats a great deal for the Jags. A lot better than what I originally thought. I don't think Holt will stay there all 3 years.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I still think Jags go wr in the first if Maclin is there. Nice pick up with Holt, and nice contract for him...but the need is still there.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I believe they trade out of this spot (Jets, Redskins, Denver?) IF Sanchez is in play. They'll still get a young WR to groom behind Holt, though.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
That Smith/McCardell combo back in the day was deadly!

I do like this signing for them though. Solid vet.