TOP 5 for each position next year.

JackG1980

Its never too early for FF 2010 predictions. Here are mine. Standard PPR league.

RB
1.) Ray Rice
2.) AP
3.) Chris Johnson
4.) J. Charles (Yeah I said it)
5.) MJD

WR
1.) Andre Johnson
2.) Greg Jennings
3.) R. Moss
4.) B. Marshall
5.) Fritz

QB
1.) A. Rodgers
2.) T. Brady
3.) P. Manning
4.) D. Brees
5.) M. Shaub

TE
1.) J. Witten
2.) D. Clark
3.) B. Celek
4.) T. Gonzo
5.) A. Gates

What do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:

mills

As long as Driver is in GB, Jennings wont be a top 5. Just my opinion.

I also don't see Moss and Welker in the top 5.

JackG1980

As long as Driver is in GB, Jennings wont be a top 5. Just my opinion.

I also don't see Moss and Welker in the top 5.

Good opinion but here is what I was thinking. Welker had 123 receptions and basically missed 3 games. Thats like 9 catches every GAME! He was also second in the league in yardages. If he didnt miss those 3 games he could of been #1 in both receptions and yards. Next year he should produce similar numbers but with more TDs. If so he will be top 5. As far a Jennings goes I just think Driver will not be as effective as he was this year. Last year Driver had his best season.

bodey24

Staff member
I don't see Welker being in the top 5 next year coming off this injury. They are also talking about him missing the first half of the season.

Miscreants

My take on ACL injuries = 1 year to recover from ACL, but not really good again until the 2nd year back. I'd scratch Welker from the list for a while.

JackG1980

My take on ACL injuries = 1 year to recover from ACL, but not really good again until the 2nd year back. I'd scratch Welker from the list for a while.

I did not know that. Well I will replace him with Larry Fritzgerald. I would like to hear from some of yall picks.

mills

I would be cautious with Fitz. If Warner doesn't return, I don't know if that passing game will be the same. With that said, I think Wells will be a great 4th-5th round pick next year.

Runnik's Hambones

I see Chris Johnson #1.
I see Reggie Wayne #2. Welker out of the top 5 but still in the top 10 with the knee injury.
QB & TE... Those names are all interchangeable.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'd drop Moss from the top five and put Reggie Wayne in his place.

CJ has to be number 1.

I'm not sure that T. Gonzo remains in the top 5.

RB
1.) Ray Rice (I'd bump him down to #3 especially if McGahee and McClain are still available)
2.) AP
3.) Chris Johnson (Has produced beyond expectations since entering the league - he moves to #1)
4.) J. Charles (I'm surprised that I would keep him here at this point)
5.) T. Jones (He has not worn down this season as I thought he would - Green and Washington have not shown themselves ready to push him to the side so if he stays in NY he remains gold even if he is officially old)

WR
1.) Andre Johnson (I think he is the best in the league - upgrade the other side and he will explode... that is what I have been telling myself since he came into the league)
2.) Fritz (2nd only to AJ and the rest are not even close)
3.) R. Wayne (I'm going from one extreme - the "downfall of Indy begins" to recognizing there is still enough talent with the other receivers to keep this guy near the top)
4.) M. Austin (It pains me to put a Cowboy this high but this kid has impressed)
5.) S. Rice/D. Jackson (This is a tight one but if I'm going to put Austin this high I have to believe one of these other youngsters are going to break into the elite grouping as well)

QB
1.) A. Rodgers (I think he will remain one of the best for several seasons)
2.) D. Brees (He has made relatively mediocre WR's stars - he will continue to thrive)
3.) P. Manning (He is no longer at the top but will not be sinking to fast either)
4.) B. Favre (Yes I am predicting at this point that he will return and will continue to produce)
5.) P. Rivers (I am anticipating a suitable replacement for the departed Chambers and he will move up the rankings quickly)

TE
1.) J. Witten (If Dallas avoids its slumps he could come out on top)
2.) D. Clark (May not finish this high but should avoid plummeting as well)
3.) B. Celek (Is he good enough to actually keep Gonzo off this list?
4.) V. Davis (I remain a skeptic but as the 9r's continue to rebuild and he avoids a relapse - he will remain a consistent target)
5.) A. Gates (SD will need him to remain productive to maintain the standard in their division)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
QB's
1. Rodgers
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Brady
5. Rivers

RB's
1. CJ
2. MJD
3. AP
4. Rice
5. S Jax

WR's
1. Fitzgerald
2. A. Johnson
3. Marshall
4. Wayne
5. V Jackson
**could see this list changing drastically as offseason moves occur.

TE's
1. Clark
2. Gates
3. Witten
4. Davis
5. Celek

mills

RB

QB
1.) A. Rodgers (I think he will remain one of the best for several seasons)
2.) D. Brees (He has made relatively mediocre WR's stars - he will continue to thrive)
3.) P. Manning (He is no longer at the top but will not be sinking to fast either)
4.) B. Favre (Yes I am predicting at this point that he will return and will continue to produce)
5.) P. Rivers (I am anticipating a suitable replacement for the departed Chambers and he will move up the rankings quickly)

No way Farve is in top 5.... sorry to disappoint. You can replace him with Schaub.

efactor

Coming at you
QB:
1) Rodgers
2) Brees
3) Manning
4) Rivers
5) Schaub

I'm leaving off Brady because I think 2007 was an abberation. I think Pats will try to balance their offense in 2010. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a top RB in FA or early in the draft.

RB:
1) CJ3 Amazing player
2) ADP TD machine who should be more involved in the passing game
3) Ray Rice Yardage machine who will get you 70+ receptions
4) Frank Gore Niners finally have a passing game and I see them spending a #1 pick on the O-line. Gore is a huge talent. Finally has a big season.
5) MJD

WR:
1) Andre Johnson
2) Fitzgerald (Too good to drop down even if Warner goes)
3) Moss (Will still get his)
4) Wayne
5) Jennings (Big year coming even if Driver stays)

Hard to leave Marshall off the list but until his situation is clear, too much of a wildcard.

TE:
1) Clark
2) Witten
3) Davis
4) Gates
5) Finley (Could easily be #1)

No way Farve is in top 5.... sorry to disappoint. You can replace him with Schaub.

Thought that would garner more comment than a 1 sentence quip. I have nothing against Schaub but I'll let you take him at a higher spot than where I'll probably be able to nab the old man.

JackG1980

QB:
1) Rodgers
2) Brees
3) Manning
4) Rivers
5) Schaub

I'm leaving off Brady because I think 2007 was an abberation. I think Pats will try to balance their offense in 2010. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after a top RB in FA or early in the draft.

RB:
1) CJ3 Amazing player
2) ADP TD machine who should be more involved in the passing game
3) Ray Rice Yardage machine who will get you 70+ receptions
4) Frank Gore Niners finally have a passing game and I see them spending a #1 pick on the O-line. Gore is a huge talent. Finally has a big season.
5) MJD

WR:
1) Andre Johnson
2) Fitzgerald (Too good to drop down even if Warner goes)
3) Moss (Will still get his)
4) Wayne
5) Jennings (Big year coming even if Driver stays)

Hard to leave Marshall off the list but until his situation is clear, too much of a wildcard.

TE:
1) Clark
2) Witten
3) Davis
4) Gates
5) Finley (Could easily be #1)

I like that you put Finley in there, might have to replace Tony Gonzo with him.

efactor

Coming at you
Finley is a tempting option but he would need to become much more consistent and dependable on a weekly basis before I rank him this high.

He put up some serious numbers after he came back from his injury. Reminds me of Gates going into 2004. Don't wait too long. Has all the tools and is in a pass first offense with a great, young QB. While I agree that I would have liked to see an entire season of productivity, he is the goods and if you wait too long, you're going to miss out on a gem. I put him at 5 but I can easily see him being the #1 TE in 2010. He's that good.

He put up some serious numbers after he came back from his injury. Reminds me of Gates going into 2004. Don't wait too long. Has all the tools and is in a pass first offense with a great, young QB. While I agree that I would have liked to see an entire season of productivity, he is the goods and if you wait too long, you're going to miss out on a gem. I put him at 5 but I can easily see him being the #1 TE in 2010. He's that good.

I agree the offense can utilize just about any TE they have - Havner did better than I would have thought. Finley has nice potential but if people are selecting him early I will probably have to let him go by. Not a dig on him but he missed substantial time and his absence proved he was not a critical component to that offense. Depending on what round he is going there could very well be better value elsewhere.