Studs/Busts

ExperiencedRookie

The year is starting to take shape and owners are quickly realizing the great and awful picks that they've made.

Busts

Ray Rice. Can't make anything happen in the running or passing game. Now he's dinged up only 2 weeks in. This guy looks like he could burn owners worse than any other player.

Trent Richardson. This offense is not getting him involved in the way they should. Super talented, but possibly under utilized. So far, a wasted draft pick.

Stevan Ridley. He's pushing Rice for being the worst pick in the draft so far. Only reason he doesn't own the top spot is the marginally cheaper price tag. He might need Gronk back as bad as Brady does.

Frank Gore. Just not much going for him so far. I don't expect this to change.

MJD. What a shocker. MJD? A bad pick? I don't believe it. Hurt already and the offense is the worst in the league.

David Wilson. More fumbles than TDs. No run game for the NYG. Weak. All flash, no fire.

Cam Newton. Way too high of a pick on a QB who is going to perform like this. Being outperformed by so many QBs taken so many rounds later. Lacking the great running stats so far.

Tom Brady. No weapons, no stats. This shouldn't really come as a shock.

Roddy White. The first bad WR pick. All the rest of the top drafted WRs are bringing it. This guy is giving nothing. Blame it on the injury if you'd like. A bad pick is a bad pick.

Danny Amendola. Injured? Not possible!

Montee Ball. The second coming of Mark Ingram. Great college RB landing in what seems like it would be a top 5 situation. Then gets outplayed by Knowshon Moreno.

Great Picks

Pretty much any top ranked WR. Cal, AJ, Marshall, Dez, Cobb, Julio, Welker, Demaryius, etc etc. All performing well. Fitz would have landed here, but his got some hammy issues. Better watch out of he'll end up on the bust list.

AP. Duh.

Lynch. Not a great start. Back to looking like the unstoppable guy we know though.

LeSean McCoy. Maybe the best pick that could be made in the mid to late first round. Best value at RB in the 1st round.

Forte. Another solid value. Hes behind McCoy by a decent margin in my mind, but still, working out well.

Peyton Manning. Duh, right? How did we not all see this coming?

Jordy Nelson. Would be the best WR pick in rounds 4-6 if it wasn't for the next guy on this list. Again, doesn't this seem so obvious now that the season has started?

DeSean Jackson. Uh huh. He's fast. Theres no Maclin. Cut, Print, Superstar.

Martellus Bennett, Jordan Cameron. What a start for these 2 in the same range. Can they keep it up? If they do, they'll be 2 of the best picks you could make this year.

Michael Vick. He's still healthy. Enjoy this ride while it lasts.

Eddie Royal, Julian Edelman. My goodness. Cheapest production that you could have grabbed if you made a deep reach. Most likely waiver wire studs though.

Philip Rivers. Holy smokes. No weapons at all. Still absolutely killing it. Probably buried on your bench so far. Dare to start him?

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
I think one of the biggest studs this year will be Anquan Boldin, due to his ADP his value is unmatched. Throw out the stinker for he entire offense in Seattle it is clear he is the #1 target of a very capable QB on a team that should score among the elite teams in the league.

ExperiencedRookie

I think one of the biggest studs this year will be Anquan Boldin, due to his ADP his value is unmatched. Throw out the stinker for he entire offense in Seattle it is clear he is the #1 target of a very capable QB on a team that should score among the elite teams in the league.
I agree with your assessment on Boldin. That big goose egg kept him far away from this list though. He can earn his way on.

Remote Controller

-Vick, McCoy, and Jackson were freakin steals!!
-Guys like Decker, James Jones, and to a much lesser extent....Moore, were great values, but they are gonna be bi-weekly beasts. Moore more like 3 or 4 times this season....a great injury bye week type guy.
-Hopkins is gonna be a solid number 2 wr from here on out. He really needs AJ to not be badly concussed though. Great value taken basically at will in drafts.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm not exactly sure, but I felt like the kid made some of his bigger plays when AJ got hurt yesterday. I didn't watch this game tho.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I like a 4 week look, but you can see some things start to develop. This is a good time to start to target some good buy low guys.....

I do agree that guys who loaded up at receiver are likely to be looking pretty good right now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
-Vick, McCoy, and Jackson were freakin steals!!
-Guys like Decker, James Jones, and to a much lesser extent....Moore, were great values, but they are gonna be bi-weekly beasts. Moore more like 3 or 4 times this season....a great injury bye week type guy.
-Hopkins is gonna be a solid number 2 wr from here on out. He really needs AJ to not be badly concussed though. Great value taken basically at will in drafts.
I fully agree Vick and McCoy and Jackson were steals. I happen to think Celek also will be a great #2 or fill in Te.

Decker isn't all that, at least not yet. Jones finally showed what I hoped so i am with you there. Which Moore do you speak of? IF you mean Demarius in Oakland man are you way off.

I am torn on Hopkins. I do believe that AJ being there should help him as coverage will be taken, but Schaub seems to lock in on AJ and then go to Daniels....so if AJ isn't there...I wonder if Hopkins won't get more looks?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Oh, yeah agree there, especially as Colston is still struggling with foot issues I believe

Anthrax

I picked up Romo in the 8th round and have been playing him. I just picked up Rivers off the WW, but don't plan on using him this week. Looking ahead, though, it really looks like Rivers might be the guy to start for awhile starting week 4.

jjtweeks

Yea Rivers has burnt many a fantasy owner over the past few years and it was looking like with all the WR injurys he was in for another bad year. Shocker to me as well but nice WW pickup