Phins trade Brandon Marshall to Bears

Arctic Dawgs

Linky

The Miami Dolphins have traded receiver Brandon Marshall to the Chicago Bears for two third-round picks, according to league sources.

The sources said Chicago will send its third-round pick in 2012 and 2013 to Miami for the Pro Bowl wideout.

The trade reunites Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and Marshall, who played together in Denver. Jeremy Bates, who was Cutler and Marshall's offensive coordinator in Denver, is also the Bears' passing game coordinator.

jjtweeks

:wtf: I don't like this. What do they have up their sleeves. They making room for Reggie and Peyton:tongue:

Coachnorm

You guys are fast......... Thanks for the story Arctic Dawgs!!

We to Office Depot and 7-11 and heard it on the radio.

Coachnorm

Great move for the Bears and Cutler. Miami???? questions now........ Peyton.....Wayne.....Garcon??? or Flynn and nobody?

From an attracting Peyton standpoint they can commit to bringing in all of Peytons coat tail crew.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Cutler and Marshall hook back up. Have heard rumors that Manning had questions about being able to work with Marshall.....hmmmm

gizzil

yeah - my bad missed this thread... i dig the move for marshall, cutler, the bears, the city... and i think may be a bit of a message to Lovie, that Cutler is the guy theyre hangin on to long term

Last edited by a moderator:

Coachnorm

Cheap for a reason??? There is a report/rumor this morning that Marshall may have been in a barroom incident in which he reportedly punched a chick in the eye.

disclaimer: the Brandon Marshall portrayed in this rumor is innocent until proven guilty and may not be related the the Brandon Marshall who is always in trouble. :)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
LOL Coach. I read the story about the punk punching the woman before I made it to this thread this morning. As I was reading the posts here I was thinking that this is easy to explain. Kicking the trash to the curb is nothing new.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Another nice move by Chicago, like the reunion of these two, just hope it isn't prison visits... :wink2:

DearbornDolfan

Speaking of punking, that's what the Phins just did to the Bears. No way a trade would have gone down if the Bears had known about this.

Arctic Dawgs

They knew and it sounds like there is a lot more to this story. It was his wife/gf that wound up in the hospital, not the broad screaming fowl. At least she got her name in the paper for 15 min. Maybe she'll wind up with some $$ too

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They knew and it sounds like there is a lot more to this story. It was his wife/gf that wound up in the hospital, not the broad screaming fowl. At least she got her name in the paper for 15 min. Maybe she'll wind up with some $$ too

:nod: