Packs WR Donald Driver to play elsewhere?

Coachnorm

Not ready to Hang em up.

Donald Driver insists he won't retire if released by the Packers. Analysis: "If the Packers don't want me, I've got to go somewhere else and play," Driver said. "I don't have a choice. I'm not ready to hang the cleats up." The Packers are certain to decline Driver's $2.2 million roster bonus, and aside from his leadership, don't have a compelling reason to re-sign Driver with so much depth at receiver. If Driver is dead-set on returning for a 14th NFL season, he'll likely have to do it elsewhere, and at a bargain-basement price.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Maybe Miami to help teach the other receivers? Cleveland also has WCO that could use some veteran leadership.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's not going to feel right if DRiver isn't in Green Bay. I hope they work a deal where he takes less and stays with the Pack. As he showed this year there's still occasions where he can be needed there.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Driver may very well have something left in the tank.
Last years injury (2010) may have taken it's toll on this season.

A warmer place could be just what the Driver ordered, although for sure, it will be weird seeing Donald play for another team.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Donald can still run crisp routes and he can still catch the ball. He'll play somewhere and I hope it's in Green Bay.

1 Crazy Commish

It's not going to feel right if DRiver isn't in Green Bay. I hope they work a deal where he takes less and stays with the Pack. As he showed this year there's still occasions where he can be needed there.

This saddens me quite a bit. He's my favorite. If they would have used him in the first 2 qtrs. of their ONLY playoff game we would have won. Same thing on the Chiefs fiasco. He can run back for the ball better than anyone in the game (hence when Rodgers is off his game or hurried). He's slower only on the real deep pass that I've seen and I watched all 17 games this year plus the pre season. With all the personel were losing this year we'd better keep Donald. And maybe he should coach in a couple years to keep what we do or will have left over there.

Coachnorm

This saddens me quite a bit. He's my favorite. If they would have used him in the first 2 qtrs. of their ONLY playoff game we would have won. Same thing on the Chiefs fiasco. He can run back for the ball better than anyone in the game (hence when Rodgers is off his game or hurried). He's slower only on the real deep pass that I've seen and I watched all 17 games this year plus the pre season. With all the personel were losing this year we'd better keep Donald. And maybe he should coach in a couple years to keep what we do or will have left over there.

This sounds like potential great news.

The Green Bay Packers are expected to restructure WR Donald Driver's contract this offseason.

I too would love to see him stay in a a Packer Uni.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I hope he either works something out to stay with the Pack, or retires. I'd hate to see him end his career outside fo GB, but seems like many just can't let go when they need to.