Now it's 27 NFL Players that have been arrested this off season

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It sure seems like more to me. Is there anything that can be done? I like the idea of being able to void a contract if a team so chooses if the player is suspended by the league as is the case with Lynch but fear some of these knuckleheads might go out and get busted in hopes that their contract would be torn up. Any ideas on slowing down this self destruction by these players?

Last edited by a moderator:

gizzil

Re: 24 NFL Players have been arrested this off season

someone needs to bring the strippers and drugs to them... I can do this job, for a vig on the contract I'm helping them keep

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator

Giz is on to something here.....I'm a willing business partner.

cctekguy

Staff member

I wonder how the average works out vs the general public.

24 divided by the number of NFL players vs total number of arrests in the U.S. adults (20-35) divided by that same male population.

I bet the NFL comes out way ahead.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator

I suspect that NFL players walk away without being charged a bit more often than the average Joe.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Re: Now it's 26 NFL Players that have been arrested this off season

The number of players keeps going up. Camps can't open soon enough.

gizzil

because we'd be working points instead of flat fees there would be an unending stream of capital floating round... this would be very friendly for adding new agents

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Just a short moment of thanks that thus far there have been no reports of NFL players drinking and driving, beating their ladies, or being involved with a shooting or cutting this weekend. If only our luck can hold a wee bit they'll soon be in camp.

Coachnorm

At least you got one good nights sleep, per the point I tried to make:

Detroit Lions cornerback Aaron Berry was arrested early Saturday morning for the second time within 30 days and charged with three counts of simple assault for allegedly brandishing a firearm in Harrisburg, Pa.

At least the overall number of players arrested this off season did not go up as this was his second arrest.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ah and the day is still young on the west coast, plenty of time for more reports.

I don't care what anyone says, there's a problem in Detroit.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's seven offseason arrests for the Lions and Berry has been responsible for two, both in the last 30 days.