Give me one player who you know is going to be a bust in 2009

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
by the way, Williams is the #8 RB in basic scoring leagues right now and has already had his bye week. At 14.3 ppg, he is tied for 6 in ppg out of the RB's.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
just re-read the thread, damn it would be funny to call those two trolls out on their so called "knowledge" now....:biglaugh:....can we say clueless????

cctekguy

Staff member
Chris Johnson is my choice for the big bust.

He will go the way of Reggie Bush and become more of a situational player that draws a lot of attention from defenses.

He will also go the way of Bush and stay injured most of next year. IMO

If he stays healthy, he could be a decent RB in PPR leagues but going in the 1st round of standard scoring leagues is a real stretch.

Glad this thread was resurrected.

Not only was I dead wrong, but CJ is the reason I am in 1st place in my money league.

Sometimes being wrong ain't so bad.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The reason that you are in first place Tekie is because you've only been drummed by me once this season. Too bad we only play that one time in the regular season or I'd knock out of that 1/2 game lead that you have over me. At least I still lead my division. See ya in the playoffs!

As way of a reminder, lol. Hydrcarbons 170 at Bi-Polar Bears 93

Last edited by a moderator:

RLLD

Based on where I see them typically being taken in drafts.

Round 1 - Deangelo Williams - people are taking his brief eruption over a short game-span and crowning him "stud"...I don't buy it

Round 2 - Marion Barber - "bust" might be strong for him as a round 2 selection, but I think he will fall short of expectations

Round 3 - Ryan Grant - stiff competition from a stable of good backs coupled with him actually overachieving means he falls into mediocrity this year

Round 4 - TIE - Chad 85 & Thomas Jones - either one is merely taking up space on your roster this year.

So let's see how it turned out so far then shall we?

Deangelo Williams - If you took him in round 1 I hope you drafted really well the rest of the way, because his late production didn't help you at all unless the rest of your draft was pretty strong. He might sneak into the top 10 for RB's in the final analysis, but I doubt it.

Marion Barber - Some people still took him in round 1:hmmm:, he is a bust even as a second round pick IMHO

Ryan Grant - :rofl: child please.....

Chad 85 actually did a decent job this year, so long as you took him in round 3

Thomas Jones actually did way better than I thought he would:stooges:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
ummm..Dwill is the #9 RB this year, his ADP was in the 9-12 range.....and was being drafted as the 7-9 RB in most leagues. Looks to me like he performed right at his draft slot. Dwill did not lose you any leagues, he didn't win you any by himself, but he sure didn't lose them either.

RLLD

ummm..Dwill is the #9 RB this year, his ADP was in the 9-12 range.....and was being drafted as the 7-9 RB in most leagues. Looks to me like he performed right at his draft slot. Dwill did not lose you any leagues, he didn't win you any by himself, but he sure didn't lose them either.

Uhm, people were drafting him higher than the 10th spot where he currently places himself. The guy I just beat in one league languished for the first four weeks, made a playoff push, but ultimately did not draft ably enough behind his Dwill mistake to make up for the down weeks.

A stud RB gives consistent and reliable production with big games here and there, elite RB's give more.

Unless you drafted Dwill 10th or later, you fail....:nonoblue:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
No, you didn't fail, you got what u paid for. When you draft a) as the 7 - 9) off the board and performs like the 7-9 RB (currently 9), then u got what you drafted and he sure was not a bust....how can he be a bust when he performed to a level consistent with his draft spot???? Sorry, you were just wrong, he was not a bust as you so wrongly predicted....he also did not out perform his spot and be the stud like he was a year ago, but performing exactly at the spot you were drafted is hardly being a bust.
Posted via Mobile Device

RLLD

No, you didn't fail, you got what u paid for. When you draft a) as the 7 - 9) off the board and performs like the 7-9 RB (currently 9), then u got what you drafted and he sure was not a bust....how can he be a bust when he performed to a level consistent with his draft spot???? Sorry, you were just wrong, he was not a bust as you so wrongly predicted....he also did not out perform his spot and be the stud like he was a year ago, but performing exactly at the spot you were drafted is hardly being a bust.
Posted via Mobile Device

Assuming he was drafted where exactly? You see, I saw the guy drafted way too high, and ruin the chances of a number of FF teams as I expected. So, how much is a RB who performs well enough for 5 of 16 games to enable a team to win some games?

I think I will pass unless he is lurking around at picks 10-12, thanks anyway.:toothpick

jaybebo

Hhhmmm...I picked him up in the 6th round in a league I am 11-2...of course, it was a keeper league where you get to lose the round pick you took the keeper in...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Assuming he was drafted where exactly? You see, I saw the guy drafted way too high, and ruin the chances of a number of FF teams as I expected. So, how much is a RB who performs well enough for 5 of 16 games to enable a team to win some games?

I think I will pass unless he is lurking around at picks 10-12, thanks anyway.:toothpick
His ADP was consistently in the 7-10 range.....and his performance will finish in that area....DWill did not by himself ruin a single season...have a feeling the rest of the drafts ruined the team and an overall lack of value picks surrounding him. Guys like Forte, LT, Slaton, even Turner are guys I consider first round busts......someone who has a top 10 fantasy season, unless were talking a top 3 pick, is someone I consider a bust, but to each their own....my opinion is you whiffed on this bust.

Curious, if you consider DWill a bust, do you consider SJax and Gore busts as well? ADP were all very close and so is their performance. Don't see how you can call one a bust without the toher two.....

RLLD

His ADP was consistently in the 7-10 range.....and his performance will finish in that area....DWill did not by himself ruin a single season...have a feeling the rest of the drafts ruined the team and an overall lack of value picks surrounding him. Guys like Forte, LT, Slaton, even Turner are guys I consider first round busts......someone who has a top 10 fantasy season, unless were talking a top 3 pick, is someone I consider a bust, but to each their own....my opinion is you whiffed on this bust.

Curious, if you consider DWill a bust, do you consider SJax and Gore busts as well? ADP were all very close and so is their performance. Don't see how you can call one a bust without the toher two.....

Unfortunately for those who drafted him in the 4-7 range, they didn't get what they paid for. Kudos to those who later drafted him in such a manner as to move is ADP down to the proper zone though.:nod:

This thread was picking those who would be a "bust" at the time of the thread given where they were being drafted. Dwill was being drafted in the 4-6 range at that time.

Was Dwill useful/helpful to everyone this past week?:headscratch: