FedEx offers $10 million per year to get Memphis into a BCS conference

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
wow.....is Fred Smith an Alum??

That is a chunk of change there! If this would go down that would create a slippery slope. Also, what is the benefit to Fedex? I would have a hard time selling where this could be seen as a move that would maximize shareholders wealth.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
His son plays QB for them. I'd guess that he'd pay the money out of his own pocket, you know the size of the bonuses these CEO's get now days. I agree, slippery slope indeed.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So how is this different than a booster paying kids?? A booster paying off a conference for a benefit of his son??? smells pretty bad to me....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
This is very interesting, but it would be suicide for Memphis. God could you imagine Memphis vs Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU in consecutive weeks.

I doubt theyd make it through Florida LOL

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
It maybe home, but its still a secondary university in a low ball conference with NO hope of ever competing against the big dogs.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
They would probably do ok in BB but in no way could compete in the ACC SEC , hell the Big East would even beat up on them. Maybe they could be put in a special ed conference with Washington and Baylor and at least 1 of the teams would win 2 games that year. LOL