Farve returns

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Scott Hanson reports that Brett Favre is on an airplane heading North, presumably to Minneapolis, on Tuesday afternoon.

Per FoxSports' Jay Glazer, Favre has told the recruiting party of Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, and Ryan Longwell that he is "back in." He must have received a positive report from Dr. James Andrews last week. Favre's apparent decision to rejoin the Vikes comes exactly one year from the day that coach Brad Childress picked him up from the airport and chauffeured him to Vikings headquarters. He'll be under center against the Saints in the NFL opener.
Source: Scott Hanson on Twitter

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:banghead:

Please lord,
If there is ANY justice in this world, any at all. Let it be he is going to Minnesota to finally retire! PLEASE! PLEASE!

:sob:

Escrow

Just because he is on a plane doesn't mean anything....but i hope either way the drama ends!!!!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
ESPN's Bob Holtzman reports that Brett Favre will formally announce Tuesday night that he is indeed returning for a 20th NFL season.

The Twitter page for Favre's official website has also confirmed that an announcement is coming shortly. He could be on the practice field tonight or tomorrow morning. ESPN's John Clayton suggested Favre could get a few snaps in Sunday night's preseason game at San Francisco. Favre seems certain to play extensively in the team's third exhibition contest on August 28.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Captain Wrangler is fine. Just likes the attention and feels he needs a reason to skip camp......all he has to say is yes I am playing....no I am not going to training camp.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Personally I think he gets amusement out of Rosenfels and Jackson thinking they have a shot at the job, hence why he waits a bit longer every year to pull the rug out from under them and laugh.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm no huge Farve fan but honestly none of this bothers me in the least. It gives us something to talk about during the slow times. Plus I was blown away at the sucess that Farve had last season. He did way, way better than I had expected. I can't wait to see if he can do it again. IF so, more power to him. Welcome back, you're good for the league in more ways than one.

jack2jack

The ankle is fine. He's going to rock it.

The guy is 40 and just didn't want to go through training camp. Those stupid Aints keep talking about making an example of Favre. Their QB is the one who's going down in week one.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I don't think he can match last years numbers. He will probably be slowed because of the ankle and defenses will probably be gunning for his ankle. He'll play all the games because he has a high pain threshhold, but I just don't see him being able to match or better the numbers from last year.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I fell for it and really thought he was done. Thought was based on what does he have to prove? IMO He came back last year to stick it to GB and he did. With the 16 mil extra he just got , looks as this was more money motivated than any thing else. Is there going to be any bet set up if he lasts the entire year or how many games he lasts? Agree with Nikki, don't think this will end well.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Maybe I'm naive but I don't think this was money related I really think this guys loves the game and loves to play. Why he keep waffeling I don't know wish he would stop. Again naive but I think he was feeling crappy and he thought I can't do this I can't play anymore. But then he started to feel better. I don't know.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Maybe I'm naive but I don't think this was money related I really think this guys loves the game and loves to play. Why he keep waffeling I don't know wish he would stop. Again naive but I think he was feeling crappy and he thought I can't do this I can't play anymore. But then he started to feel better. I don't know.
I agree here. In fact, I think the talk by Minny of upping the contract may have pushed Favre away...as it then LOOKED like a money issue kind of thing. I think he WANTS to play. I just don't think he felt UP to playing. That may have changed. dunno:

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I agree here. In fact, I think the talk by Minny of upping the contract may have pushed Favre away...as it then LOOKED like a money issue kind of thing. I think he WANTS to play. I just don't think he felt UP to playing. That may have changed. dunno:

Could it be this simple.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Yes, I think it is that simple. Recently I've been watching clips of Farve wired on the sidelines during last year's games. He was more fired up, more of a teacher, more of a sideline supporter (to coaches and players) than I've ever seen him. He WANTS to play.

If it was just about the money, I doubt his 3 buddies would have bothered to make the trip to coax him back to the field. They believe he's passionate and share his passion. It was an emotionally driven trip...round trip.