DraftKings Week 3 lineups and discussion

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wow, that looks great! Nice run today! Baldwin disappearing is ruining a high performer for me......should cash 3 of my 5 lineups in this tment though, and will pick up 9 of my 10 head to heads at least, with a small shot at a sweep.....
If you play a lot of h2h on FD, get the crome extension at rotogrinders. It allowed you to simply hover over the name for the h2h And see the record without clicking their name. Saves some time.

Do most of u play h2h? I used to some along with 50/50's And small 10 Mans... Just didn't get a ton of traction. Made money, but not a lot and mostly treated water. Seem to do better in medium size t'ments over the long run.

freyguy

Pick to Click
I just started using DK this year. Didn't know how it really worked but the first lineup I played I spent $20 and won $75. Now I'm hooked.

Last edited:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I just started using DK this year. Didn't know how it really worked but the first lineup I played I spent $20 and won $75.
Nice job. Its fun as hell. I prefer my daily play much more than season long leagues, really not even close on strategy or enjoyment levels.

maverick824

I've been concentrating on H2H, and been fairly successful with it in, but I have very short term results. 10-0 last week in 50/50's, and this week looks like most likely 9-1. I'm not playing high enough stakes at the moment to really invest in tournament play much yet, I'm currently grinding off my bonus with MLB H2H's and soon, NBA H2H's. I have definitely found rotogrinders very helpful, I've actually been beating some of the better daily players in MLB!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I've been concentrating on H2H, and been fairly successful with it in, but I have very short term results. 10-0 last week in 50/50's, and this week looks like most likely 9-1. I'm not playing high enough stakes at the moment to really invest in tournament play much yet, I'm currently grinding off my bonus with MLB H2H's and soon, NBA H2H's. I have definitely found rotogrinders very helpful, I've actually been beating some of the better daily players in MLB!
Dont let stakes scare you. I started my tment strategy and play on DK this baseball season. Had $60 in my account and went to a strict 10% of my bankroll play per day, which was a whopping $6. Started with $6 of entries into the quarter arcade and worked up from there. In a couple days I was to the $1 tment And within 8 weeks I was playing daily in the $9 tment And was down to risking around 5-7% a day.

Just stick to bankroll management (RG's has a lot of info on this) and you'll be fine either way.

So swear by the cash games... Just wasn't for me. The hot streaks didn't seem to be hot enough to cover rake and the low times. In t'ments, one $500 hit can cover up weeks of treading water.

maverick824

Cash games are simple.....run better than 55% of the time and you profit. . We have a similar strategy for BR management. I keep it strictly around 10% in play, a lot of the rules I set from back when I played poker, bankroll management strategies are VERY similar. Main thing I've had to study strategywise is trying to avoid the bigger cash game sharks, which roto has helped a LOT with. But I may start mixing a couple of tournament entries in to see how it plays, roto's daily grind really helps me break down tourney and cash lineups.......I'm really looking forward to NBA this fall.....I may have a problem haha

I MAY always challenge the #2 guy in overall on roto for $1 daily however haha......simply because I need a measuring stick :)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
These next two days are gonna kill me sweating this one out. That DT TD puts me in 1st for a cool $500.....now just need to see if I can hold it, lot of firepower in that game tomorrow.

bodey24

Staff member
This is one of those times when I went against the grain and it bit me. I didn't take freeman in any lineups because I figured he would be highly owned and disappoint even though he was cheap. Now I'm going to lose a couple head to heads where I scored 180 + points.

maverick824

Looks to me like you're dodging Crosby, one guy has most likely Kelce and Crosby, and there's a RB in play (Charles???)......should be a fun sweat!

ExperiencedRookie

This is one of those times when I went against the grain and it bit me. I didn't take freeman in any lineups because I figured he would be highly owned and disappoint even though he was cheap. Now I'm going to lose a couple head to heads where I scored 180 + points.
Im showing Freeman as only owned 6% of the time. That's relatively low for a cheaper RB who was set to carry the entire load.

He was one of my favorite plays of the week on Tuesday, and as the week wore on, I softened on him. I thought that ATL could use Ward sprinkled in, I hadn't been impressed by his running between the tackles, and I kept hearing how fantastic the Dallas run D was. I pulled him out of more lineups than Id like to admit. I constantly turned to one of my other favorite cheaper plays of the week like David Johnson, Crowell, and Latavius Murray. You can see how crappy that worked out.

I suck at this!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Im showing Freeman as only owned 6% of the time. That's relatively low for a cheaper RB who was set to carry the entire load.

He was one of my favorite plays of the week on Tuesday, and as the week wore on, I softened on him. I thought that ATL could use Ward sprinkled in, I hadn't been impressed by his running between the tackles, and I kept hearing how fantastic the Dallas run D was. I pulled him out of more lineups than Id like to admit. I constantly turned to one of my other favorite cheaper plays of the week like David Johnson, Crowell, and Latavius Murray. You can see how crappy that worked out.

I suck at this!
He was 10% in the $7 t'ment on DK. I expected him to be a little higher....

I was all set to roll with him, but got cold feet Sunday morning and dialed it down to 3 line-ups with him. Went blount in a couple which was decent, but had some bombs as well. Gordon was who killed him....I do have him in the line-up I am leading one with, but if I would have went with about anyone else I would have it wrapped up already.

Wilson over Cam proved to be a horrendous move as well....loved Cam all week then moved off him on DK completely, still not sure exactly why....

Glad I kept a couple Cam line ups on FD, my best line up had him.