DraftKings Week 3 lineups and discussion

jjtweeks

This is the best week so far to me for chance to win some money. I felt pretty confident week 1 as well and did ok. Last week was my most uncomfortable week and should have trusted my instincts and stayed away, I didn't feel good about any of my lineups. Pretty comfortable this week

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

maverick824

It really depends on what your game is in regards to trying to "fade" a popular player. If you are playing cash games, take the safest option available. Let's use Bell as an example. Say we use him in this "tough" matchup against STL. Let's also say most of the other lineups will likely include him. All this means is he is a wash, which we are fine with H2H. If we fade him and he has an average/above average game, we are now behind every H2H that used him against us, when we could have had the same points, which is NOT what our goal is. The goal is to find a "safe" lineup with lots of picks that have pretty high floors.

Tournament play is very different. We are now trying to find "high ceiling," riskier plays to pair up to move us up the tournament ladder scale. Having Bell along with 40% of the tournament field no longer helps us.

bodey24

Staff member
It really depends on what your game is in regards to trying to "fade" a popular player. If you are playing cash games, take the safest option available. Let's use Bell as an example. Say we use him in this "tough" matchup against STL. Let's also say most of the other lineups will likely include him. All this means is he is a wash, which we are fine with H2H. If we fade him and he has an average/above average game, we are now behind every H2H that used him against us, when we could have had the same points, which is NOT what our goal is. The goal is to find a "safe" lineup with lots of picks that have pretty high floors.

Tournament play is very different. We are now trying to find "high ceiling," riskier plays to pair up to move us up the tournament ladder scale. Having Bell along with 40% of the tournament field no longer helps us.
It works both ways. If that player hits and you didn't take him you are now behind the 40% who did. if it's a high end player I would agree it doesn't make sense to take him because there are a lot of other options who are just as good. However if it's a lower end player there are far less options at that price range so I usually go with who I think will outproduce their salary whether a lot of other people had him or not.

ExperiencedRookie

Well said. I've been speaking to the large fields with my "fade" theory. When you look at the guys who cash big, they have very contrarian lineups.

jjtweeks

I might use that one except sub for yeldon but looks like a winner

Last edited:

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
This one in a tourney...

Wilson QB
Charles RB
L Murray RB
Cobb WR
Marshall WR
D Baldwin WR
Ebron TE
J Graham Flex
Cards D

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I might use that one except sub for yellow but looks like a winner

I'm thinking Yeldon might be good for 60-70 on the ground and 30-40 thru the air with a handful of catches.. Hopefully he can hit paydirt once. We shall see though..

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Late start this week... Took me forever to get CFB done this week.

Going to tighten up my rotation this week and look for a big week. Going to rotate 4 main back with 3/4 main stacks. Still trying to make a few couple decisions on Who the stacks and backs should be. Here is what I have so far... Thoughts?

RB's (going cheap for the most part to afford higher pass catchers)
1. Bell - disagree on the caution, think he's in for a huge all around day.....hes around 1k cheaper than you are going to get him for most of the year, I'll take the discount. Also considered AP in this spot.
2. L Murray - wish I felt better about this one.... But I like the price.
3. M. Gordon - Love the pivot from woodhead here and think this could be the breakout game for the rookie. Woodhead is getting all the love and I think Gordon is the better play with the anticipated game flow.
4. Freeman - price for volume play. Should hit value and has some sneaky potential for more. (really wanted to be able to load up on Stark's, but too risky at a core spot.

Thoughts on the backs? With the way it will play out, each of them Will be in around 50% of my lineups... Need to hit on them!

QB stacks:
1. Cam - like him in this spot with the fact he's running more. Also considered Wilson and may do 1 or 2 with him.
2. Luck - love Luck as an under the radar play... Who would have thought... I think he blows up a familiar foe this week and will have a low ownership %.
3. Dalton/Brady - cheating here, will split my rb combos between these 2. Brady is going to be insanely highly owned... So don't care to have a lot, but dont want to be the only one without him if he tosses 6 TD's either. ER has me rethinking Dalton now, thought he historically did well be Baltimore, will need to look into this some. Love pairing him with Green though, who looks like he will be very low owned in t'ments.

Thoughts on the QB's? I'll be stacking them with passing targets.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
DK tip on how to handle Starks/Lacy.

So you'd like to play Starks if Lacy is out... But dont want to get stuck if Lacy suits up on Monday night? Here is how I am going to play this on some tment teams. Start Stark's And pair him with another Monday night player (suggest someone with a decent salary like Cobb to give you more flexibility). Place one in your flex spot. Look at the total salary of the two (in my example, 10.3) and come up with a back up duo with at least 1 overlapping position to use as a back up. In my example above, I would need a combo that has at least 1 wr or rb, i will use Kelce And James Jones as an example for 9.8.

If news comes out on Monday that Lacy is inactive I am golden with Starks And Cobb... If Lacy plays, I use late swap and play Jones and Kelce.

Just a tip that may help the Outlaws who want to play Starks but not have no back up plan if Lacy plays.

maverick824

Late start this week... Took me forever to get CFB done this week.

Going to tighten up my rotation this week and look for a big week. Going to rotate 4 main back with 3/4 main stacks. Still trying to make a few couple decisions on Who the stacks and backs should be. Here is what I have so far... Thoughts?

RB's (going cheap for the most part to afford higher pass catchers)
1. Bell - disagree on the caution, think he's in for a huge all around day.....hes around 1k cheaper than you are going to get him for most of the year, I'll take the discount. Also considered AP in this spot.
2. L Murray - wish I felt better about this one.... But I like the price.
3. M. Gordon - Love the pivot from woodhead here and think this could be the breakout game for the rookie. Woodhead is getting all the love and I think Gordon is the better play with the anticipated game flow.
4. Freeman - price for volume play. Should hit value and has some sneaky potential for more. (really wanted to be able to load up on Stark's, but too risky at a core spot.

Thoughts on the backs? With the way it will play out, each of them Will be in around 50% of my lineups... Need to hit on them!

QB stacks:
1. Cam - like him in this spot with the fact he's running more. Also considered Wilson and may do 1 or 2 with him.
2. Luck - love Luck as an under the radar play... Who would have thought... I think he blows up a familiar foe this week and will have a low ownership %.
3. Dalton/Brady - cheating here, will split my rb combos between these 2. Brady is going to be insanely highly owned... So don't care to have a lot, but dont want to be the only one without him if he tosses 6 TD's either. ER has me rethinking Dalton now, thought he historically did well be Baltimore, will need to look into this some. Love pairing him with Green though, who looks like he will be very low owned in t'ments.

Thoughts on the QB's? I'll be stacking them with passing targets.

RB - Bell and Murray will be cash gamers for me along with Brady. Agree that Bell will be highly owned, but also agree that his usage will be sufficiently high. Also agree on the price point. Murray is almost a must start this week against Cleveland for his price point and opponent. Also, his usage looks great through two weeks, and they are using him both when ahead and behind. No challengers to his spot and is also being used in the pass game. Love his situation this week, but also think he will be highly targeted. Gordon's usage looked great against Cincy, and he did that on a reasonable defense for the most part, while he has potential to bust out, I seem him as a cheap safer pick still, will definitely have a couple of t'ment lineups pairing him and L. Murray. I actually prefer the Lacy/Starks play you described than Freeman. I think he will be a popular cheap play, I expect Ryan/Julio/Hankerson to be extremely busy, and will probably look to fade Freeman.

QB - I like Wilson by a mile over Cam. 0-2 Seattle in primetime against a defense getting PTSD from the scoring on them, and a point to prove. Seattle/Chicago gets ugly tomorrow night. I love a Wilson/Baldwin stack this week, it's cheap, and will get you some very good value. I looked at Luck, but unfortunately for me, he needs to show me something for me to take the price tag on him. His tag still isn't reflecting his performance yet, considering he is the 2nd most expensive QB on the board. If I'm paying that much, might as well grab Brady. Brady, yes, usage crazy high I expect (35-45% maybe???). But that game projects to be a passers type of game, and if I'm paying top dollar for a QB this week, I'm taking Brady before Luck. I'm fading Dalton, but adding Green into a few lineups. Green always seems to find the endzone against Baltimore (so does S. Smith against the Bengals), but I'm expecting a more grind it out, AFC North type battle between these two, so will probably fade entire game.

My cash game lineups are on page 1. I will try to get around tomorrow to toss up my tournament lineups in the morning. My niece's 1st birthday party is this weekend, so I will be enjoying family time.

ExperiencedRookie

Anyone thinking about Fleener this week? He's dirt cheap, Dwayne Allen is out, and his usage should stay fairly low since he's done nothing this year.

He's my cheap gamble TE

ExperiencedRookie

Check out Crowell at home vs Oak as well. I thought he played well last week, and I like this matchup and his price.

This next guy is crazy risky, but L Blount is going to have a big week at some point. Jax looks like the type of team that you'd want to power run at.

I like Devanta Freeman this week, but only in large field tournaments. Dallas' D has been prett legit, and Freeman isn't an inspired runner. I like the upside for his chance for lots of touches though. Wouldn't surprise me if Ward came out of nowhere this week though. Don't use this kid in the 50/50s or H2H

Who is the RB2 for Seattle? If Lynch doesn't play, somebody is in line for a great matchup V Chi

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Anyone thinking about Fleener this week? He's dirt cheap, Dwayne Allen is out, and his usage should stay fairly low since he's done nothing this year.

He's my cheap gamble TE
Love the play with Luck... But Good without him as well. I think a trio of Luck, Fleener and Moncrief could really get you some seperation from the field.

As far as Brady vs Luck.... Yeah, in cash everything stated is true.... BUT if the Luck everyone expected shows up (the Titans made Johnny football looks lime an NFL qb after all) and Brady is just decent, you just placed yourself in a sweet spot at about 5% ownership.... That is my thinking.

Issue on using my Stark's option at RB is I don't see a decent pivot at rb if Lacy plays. I really don't want to pay full price against a good chefs run d....that is why I'm leaning Freeman as a cheap rb. Lewis is another option instead of Freeman i guess.....

ExperiencedRookie

Love the play with Luck... But Good without him as well. I think a trio of Luck, Fleener and Moncrief could really get you some seperation from the field.

As far as Brady vs Luck.... Yeah, in cash everything stated is true.... BUT if the Luck everyone expected shows up (the Titans made Johnny football looks lime an NFL qb after all) and Brady is just decent, you just placed yourself in a sweet spot at about 5% ownership.... That is my thinking.

Issue on using my Stark's option at RB is I don't see a decent pivot at rb if Lacy plays. I really don't want to pay full price against a good chefs run d....that is why I'm leaning Freeman as a cheap rb. Lewis is another option instead of Freeman i guess.....
I was having this discussion in a different thread on here about making the contrarian play vs jumping on board with the hot players that you know will be highly owned.

I was surprised to see that there are those who want to play those high owned players.

Guess everyone has their own game theory.

I only have 1 Brady lineup this week, and since I was sure that the public would be all over him, I stacked him with Edelman, who will also be a crazy high ownership pick. I'll test out the theory of going with the grain in a big tournament.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I was having this discussion in a different thread on here about making the contrarian play vs jumping on board with the hot players that you know will be highly owned.

I was surprised to see that there are those who want to play those high owned players.

Guess everyone has their own game theory.

I only have 1 Brady lineup this week, and since I was sure that the public would be all over him, I stacked him with Edelman, who will also be a crazy high ownership pick. I'll test out the theory of going with the grain in a big tournament.
I think there needs to be a balance and if depends on how high of volume you play. I usually have in the 12-20 range of entries in a t'ment. With that, it is important for me to have some high floor guys who may be highly owned, but can give me a little safety to mix with my my high ceiling guys. I also think there is a time when the highly owned guy is just simply the best play...in that case, you almost just have to go for the block and seperate yourself at a different position.

ExperiencedRookie

I think there needs to be a balance and if depends on how high of volume you play. I usually have in the 12-20 range of entries in a t'ment. With that, it is important for me to have some high floor guys who may be highly owned, but can give me a little safety to mix with my my high ceiling guys. I also think there is a time when the highly owned guy is just simply the best play...in that case, you almost just have to go for the block and seperate yourself at a different position.
I get your strategy there, but I think it is so easy to be fooled into the game thing everyone else is.

Hyde in week 2 was the perfect example. His price was still fantastic coming off being the #1 rusher in week 1. He was the most obvious choice when building a lineup. So obvious, that he was owned at a 35% rate. It was a sure thing....and then he had a garbage week.

Same thing with Keenan Allen. The public loaded up on him, chasing the points from week 1, and they got shelled. When a third of the field is all in on those guys, and you avoid them, you're already a step ahead.

freyguy

Pick to Click
What about an Allen Robinson from week 2?? He had a great game. Can he do it 2 weeks in a row? I have him in my week 3 lineups just due to the fact that I figure the Jags will be playing from behind a lot against the Pats. At $5200 might be worth it.

And with that. I have
Foles
Ingram
D. Freeman
Edelman
Aj Green
Robinson
Olson
B. Marshall
Seattle