DraftKings Week 3 lineups and discussion

bodey24

Staff member
I get your strategy there, but I think it is so easy to be fooled into the game thing everyone else is.

Hyde in week 2 was the perfect example. His price was still fantastic coming off being the #1 rusher in week 1. He was the most obvious choice when building a lineup. So obvious, that he was owned at a 35% rate. It was a sure thing....and then he had a garbage week.

Same thing with Keenan Allen. The public loaded up on him, chasing the points from week 1, and they got shelled. When a third of the field is all in on those guys, and you avoid them, you're already a step ahead.
It goes both ways though. In week 2 a lot of people loaded up on woodhead, Terrance Williams, and Edelman because of price and situation. If you missed out on one of those guys then you are alrady a step behind. It's all about finding a happy medium between the 2. In the end to win money you need all of your guys to play lights out whether other people have them or not. even if you have two highly owned guys you still have 7 other spots that could differ from other people's lineups.

bodey24

Staff member
Late start this week... Took me forever to get CFB done this week.

Going to tighten up my rotation this week and look for a big week. Going to rotate 4 main back with 3/4 main stacks. Still trying to make a few couple decisions on Who the stacks and backs should be. Here is what I have so far... Thoughts?

RB's (going cheap for the most part to afford higher pass catchers)
1. Bell - disagree on the caution, think he's in for a huge all around day.....hes around 1k cheaper than you are going to get him for most of the year, I'll take the discount. Also considered AP in this spot.
2. L Murray - wish I felt better about this one.... But I like the price.
3. M. Gordon - Love the pivot from woodhead here and think this could be the breakout game for the rookie. Woodhead is getting all the love and I think Gordon is the better play with the anticipated game flow.
4. Freeman - price for volume play. Should hit value and has some sneaky potential for more. (really wanted to be able to load up on Stark's, but too risky at a core spot.

Thoughts on the backs? With the way it will play out, each of them Will be in around 50% of my lineups... Need to hit on them!

QB stacks:
1. Cam - like him in this spot with the fact he's running more. Also considered Wilson and may do 1 or 2 with him.
2. Luck - love Luck as an under the radar play... Who would have thought... I think he blows up a familiar foe this week and will have a low ownership %.
3. Dalton/Brady - cheating here, will split my rb combos between these 2. Brady is going to be insanely highly owned... So don't care to have a lot, but dont want to be the only one without him if he tosses 6 TD's either. ER has me rethinking Dalton now, thought he historically did well be Baltimore, will need to look into this some. Love pairing him with Green though, who looks like he will be very low owned in t'ments.

Thoughts on the QB's? I'll be stacking them with passing targets.
I'm targeting lynch and Ap in quite a few of my lineups. I'll also have Gordon in one or two of them as I'm expecting a good day from him. I'll also have woodhead in quite a few of my lineups. Until Gordon gets more touches or woodheads price goes up I'll be rolling with him quite a bit. I also have Stewart in one or two of my lineups. I don't like freeman because this is one of those times I think someone will be heavily owned and not very productive. Dallas has been good against the run and his ypc is not very good. As Er said if you want to be risky I like Blount as a possible sleeper this week against the jags. Murray and bell are both solid starts for you I think.

I like your qb/wr combos except for dalton. From everything I've read he usually doesn't play well against Baltimore so this seems like a good week for him to come back down to earth. On the flip side I love aj this week. If you can do a Brady lineup and get Aj in there i would really like that.

I'll post my lineups later on this morning after church.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm targeting lynch and Ap in quite a few of my lineups. I'll also have Gordon in one or two of them as I'm expecting a good day from him. I'll also have woodhead in quite a few of my lineups. Until Gordon gets more touches or woodheads price goes up I'll be rolling with him quite a bit. I also have Stewart in one or two of my lineups. I don't like freeman because this is one of those times I think someone will be heavily owned and not very productive. Dallas has been good against the run and his ypc is not very good. As Er said if you want to be risky I like Blount as a possible sleeper this week against the jags. Murray and bell are both solid starts for you I think.

I like your qb/wr combos except for dalton. From everything I've read he usually doesn't play well against Baltimore so this seems like a good week for him to come back down to earth. On the flip side I love aj this week. If you can do a Brady lineup and get Aj in there i would really like that.

I was on the Lynch bandwagon early in the week too, but the GTD tag kind of freaks me out. You staying with him regardless?

I specifically built a Fjax lineup just in case.

Concerning D Freeman...watch ATL give that Ward kid a chunk of carries today. He could easy poach a TD, ruin Freeman's value, and shock some ppl himself

bodey24

Staff member
I was on the Lynch bandwagon early in the week too, but the GTD tag kind of freaks me out. You staying with him regardless?

I specifically built a Fjax lineup just in case.

Concerning D Freeman...watch ATL give that Ward kid a chunk of carries today. He could easy poach a TD, ruin Freeman's value, and shock some ppl himself
Yeah, if lynch plays I'll stick with him. I think he will have a big game against Chicago.

I agree with your take on freeman. Freeman hasn't produced when he's been given the chance so I wouldn't be shocked to see ward get a split of the touches.

If ivory doesn't play today I really like Powell on drsftkings where it's full point ppr. I also like Baldwin and hankerson as cheap options.

maverick824

tournament plays for me.....

QB - Going to roll out Brady, Wilson, and will sneak a lineup in with Bortles/ARob. Rethought Miller's run and may float Luck in one also. I think this is just a week where the obvious play is the correct one with Brady and Wilson, and I like Wilson even more if Lynch is truly banged up as opposed to how Seattle normally treats him....

RB - Will be using AP and Murray, with some Bell mixed in in a couple. I really like JStew also, especially with Brees out. I think Carolina controls this game with running and defense, and he should outperform his value.

WR - Will be looking to stack ARob as stated above with Bortles, but will use him widely everywhere. He's simply one of the few options they have to compete in this game, and should see heavy volume. Will be highly owned, but that goes with it. Hankerson is a sneaky play against Dallas in my non-Julio lineups, I will be getting some good Fitz exposure, and may consider stacking him with Palmer. Also like Baldwin's price point this week.

TE - I am super high on Fleener with Hilton banged up and Allen out. I like Eifert against a leaky Balt pass D, and I will be trusting some cheaper WR options for a Brady/Gronk stack.

D - Carolina and Seattle almost everywhere, with the emphasis on Carolina with Brees out.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I get your strategy there, but I think it is so easy to be fooled into the game thing everyone else is.

Hyde in week 2 was the perfect example. His price was still fantastic coming off being the #1 rusher in week 1. He was the most obvious choice when building a lineup. So obvious, that he was owned at a 35% rate. It was a sure thing....and then he had a garbage week.

Same thing with Keenan Allen. The public loaded up on him, chasing the points from week 1, and they got shelled. When a third of the field is all in on those guys, and you avoid them, you're already a step ahead.
True....but when 1/3 of the field is on the obvious pick that goes HAM and you faded him, you just kissed your chance for cash goodbye in one decision. If you take the obvious that busts, you are in a large group that did the same and can still recover.

That is why you have to find the balance IMO.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator

Just for information sake since I looked it up....Dalton's numbers against Baltimore are not near as dire for fantasy as has been mentioned in this thread. His issue has been INT's which isn't really a DFS killer. Here are his stats:
@ 301 - 1 - 0
HM 266 - 1 - 2
@ 274 - 2 - 3
HM 281 - 2 - 4
@ 221 - 0 - 1
Hm - 78 - 1 - 0
@ 378 - 1 - 3
Hm - 232 - 0 - 0

His yardage @ Baltimore has been pretty good, just could use a couple more TD's. With a healthy receiving group and a leaky Baltimore D who let Carr go nuts last week I think he could out perform his past numbers here. Dalton on Sunday @ 1:00 seems to be better than other times for some reason....

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator

Thanks for the feedback!

Ended up rolling Wilson out there instead of Newton. Stuck with Freeman simply due to salary, but still may change it....don't know if I can bring myself to go Bount that heavy,. but that may be a great play.

Some of my favorite line-ups actually are the Luck ones with Moncrief and Fleener. The double stack is VERY cheap compared to other double stacks with Elite QB's.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well in true non-committal fashion I hedged the 9 of 18 line-ups on DK with Freeman. I took the 9 and kept 3 Freeman, changed 3 to Blount and 1 to Crowell, 1 to Gio and 1 to Gore.....so much for tightening up the rotation :cool:

jjtweeks

Last edited:

maverick824

First lineup I'm rolling out in all my H2H formats......will add some tourney lineups later this weekend......

QB - Brady
RB - L. Bell
RB - L. Murray
WR - A. J. Green
WR - Fitzgerald
WR - A. Robinson
TE - Fleener
Flex - Baldwin
D - Seahawks

Very safe head to head games lineup this week, Brady should be a lock top 5 QB against Jax, Bell and Murray are unlikely to be shut down, Seattle gets Cam back right in time for Chicago's walking wounded in prime time, and there's some good upside to be had with the Fitz and Robinson matchups, both teams should be throwing (albeit for very different reasons). I'll be playing this one along with a few others in a tourney this week, the other lineups I'll throw out will have some top side (I'm trying really hard not to "punt" a position). Let's see some lineups Outlaws!

This lineup is doing pretty sweet, played 10 H2H's and should easily win most. This is also currently cashing along with 2 other lineups I ran out. Very good day so far! Really confident that I have Fitz and Baldwin back for the afternoon slate!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Just for information sake since I looked it up....Dalton's numbers against Baltimore are not near as dire for fantasy as has been mentioned in this thread. His issue has been INT's which isn't really a DFS killer. Here are his stats:
@ 301 - 1 - 0
HM 266 - 1 - 2
@ 274 - 2 - 3
HM 281 - 2 - 4
@ 221 - 0 - 1
Hm - 78 - 1 - 0
@ 378 - 1 - 3
Hm - 232 - 0 - 0

His yardage @ Baltimore has been pretty good, just could use a couple more TD's. With a healthy receiving group and a leaky Baltimore D who let Carr go nuts last week I think he could out perform his past numbers here. Dalton on Sunday @ 1:00 seems to be better than other times for some reason....
Looks like Andy was just fine against Baltimore!

freyguy

Pick to Click
What about an Allen Robinson from week 2?? He had a great game. Can he do it 2 weeks in a row? I have him in my week 3 lineups just due to the fact that I figure the Jags will be playing from behind a lot against the Pats. At $5200 might be worth it.

And with that. I have
Foles
Ingram
D. Freeman
Edelman
Aj Green
Robinson
Olson
B. Marshall
Seattle
Despite having Foles here, 207 pts has me almost in double digit rankings. Too bad it's only a 50 50 league.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Here could be my what could have been line up of the week.... Man, if only I had someone else in there other than Gordon!

• Cam Newton
    • CAR 27
      Final
  • 34331.png

RB Latavius Murray
    • OAK 27
      CLE 20
      Final
  • 28900.png

RB Melvin Gordon
    • SD 14
      MIN 31
      Final
  • 14187.png

WR A.J. Green
    • CIN 28
      BAL 24
      Final
  • 11432.png

WR Demaryius Thomas
    • DEN
      DET
      8:30PM ET
  • 6883.png

WR Larry Fitzgerald
    • SF 7
      ARI 40
      4th 10:45
  • 6914.png

TE Greg Olsen
    • NO 22
      CAR 27
      Final
  • 24569.png

K Chandler Catanzaro
    • SF 7
      ARI 40
  • 12546.png

D Arizona Cardinals
    • SF 7
      ARI 40

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sorry for the way that copied...

Sitting 7th right now, if DT goes nuts i still may have something....

maverick824

Wow, that looks great! Nice run today! Baldwin disappearing is ruining a high performer for me......should cash 3 of my 5 lineups in this tment though, and will pick up 9 of my 10 head to heads at least, with a small shot at a sweep.....