Dfs talk-week 5 draftkings-fan-duel-and-any-others.

hikeNbike

Got one lineup set. Sunday only league so no Leveon in this one. Will probably play him in a couple. Liking the idea of spending budget on rbs this week. Would like to get Odell in the lineup but a bit tough freeing up that budget so for now have this one in a tournament. Flacco is iffy but for now he is in.

Flacco
Charles
Freeman
Edelman
Kamar Aiken
Reuben Randle
Gronkowski
Gurley at flex
Giants

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hikeNbike

I would be surprised if gurley is not in at least 40% of the tournament lineups.
Concerns me some because Green Bay could be up by a lot. But his salary is way to cheap to ignore. My guess is its going to be shooting way up soon.

ExperiencedRookie

These are the plays who interest me for their prices on Fan Duel this week.

QB

Tyrod Taylor $7500. I just can’t seem to quit this kid. He’s not really giving me any reason to quit him either.

Jay Cutler $7400. I like what I saw from Jay in his first week back from injury. If Alshon returns, I like Jay for this price.

Alex Smith $6900. Ugh. Can’t believe Im saying this. I actually like Alex this week. At home Vs the Bears. Hard to pass over that matchup for this price.

Blake Bortles $6900. Play against Tampa Bay. Insert any QB in this situation and I like them.

Jamies Winston $6400. This is my PLAY OF THE WEEK at QB. Absolutely dirt cheap, and he’s been insanely consistent as a fantasy QB. 15-20 points every week. Home matchup V Jax this week.

Kirk Cousins $6400. You know what happens when you have to play against ATL? You have to throw the football a ton to keep up.

RB

Jamaal Charles. $9100. Highest priced RB on FD. I really don’t care though. I like a lot of cheap options at other positions this week. Charles is the most trusted RB at this point for me.

Justin Forsett $7200. Finally saw something out of him last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Home game. No Steve Smith. Nuff said.

Dion Lewis $6900. One of my favorite 50/50 or H2H plays. Hes affordable and dependable.

Todd Gurley $6700. My PLAY OF THE WEEK at RB. This kid looked GOOD last week. Green Bay ranks 27thagainst the rush. The price is more than right to roll with this beast.

Danny Woodhead $6000. Seriously, when are they going to increase this price on this kid? Hes hands down the best RB in San Diego. Top 10 RB in 2015 so far.

Anthony Dixon $4500. This week’s Buffalo gamble play. It’s been a revolving door at RB for them, and decent stats keep on coming. The price this time around is just stupid cheap.

WR

Odell Beckham $9000. Sunday night Prime Time vs SF. That’s real nice, Clark. When spending a ton of money on a WR, Julio will almost certainly be the popular play. I’ll roll with ODB though.

Alshon Jeffrey $7600. One he’s ready to play, Im right there with him. I believe in this kid, and he’s the best thing they’ve got in the passing game. KC has been torched through the air too.

Jeremy Maclin $6900. What the hell is wrong with the dudes who make these prices? Maclin is my favorite play for H2H or 50/50. Hes safe. Hes consistent. Has upside too. Matchup is nice this week to boot.

Vincent Jackson $6800. I like pairing him up with Winston this week on the cheap. This guy is a target monster, and hes making plays for his young QB.

Allen Robinson $6300. Same story. Put him with Bortles and gamble it up in a big tournament.

Pierre Garcon $6200. I pretty much like everything in Washington this week besides the RBs. Going to be targets galore to go around, and with Reed potentially sidelined with a concussion, the WRs could soak up more than usual.

Leonard Hankerson $6000. This price tag is a bit high for my tastes, but never underestimate the power of getting back at your old team. Oh, and its ATL. Oh, and Wash has grocery boys playing CB.

Kamar Aiken $5800. My WR PLAY OF THE WEEK. This price tag is going to come with the potential for a lot of targets. Aiken was pretty effective after Steve left the game last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Nuff said.

Willie Snead $5300. Disclaimer : I wouldn’t recommend this kid for large tournaments. I don’t mind his floor for 50/50 or H2H though for this price tag.

Jamison Crowder $5200. See Pierre Garcon. More risk. Cheaper price.

TE

Gronk $8400. If you’ve got the money. Put it here. Outscoring all TEs. He’s played 3 games. They’ve played 4 games. DUH.

Charles Clay $5700. Still too cheap at TE. All the other TEs in his range are boom or bust. 3 TDs one game and then 3 catches the next game. Clay has been consistent though. Another strong 50/50 or H2H play.

Derek Carrier $4500. WHO?? Jordan Reeds back up. See Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder. For $4500, it might be worth the gamble.

K

Matt Bryant $4800. Kicking at home against a garbage team. You know what teams do when they have a 2 TD lead? They kick a bunch of FGs instead of trying to make risky conversion plays.

Josh Lambo $4500. This kid has played pretty well for the minimum amount on FD. Playing at home and Pitts D has been rather pliable. J Tucker just blew up against them last week.

D

Denver $4900. Should be the most expensive D. Take advantage until FD adjust. Almost matchup proof.

Baltimore $4500. At home. 10 days rest. Cleveland. You getting the picture yet?

Falcons $4500. I think Kirk Cousins actually enjoys turning the ball over. He’ll be putting it in the air a lot in this one. Pick 6 time.

NYG $4300. My D PLAY OF THE WEEK. Too damn cheap to be playing at home against Colin, who has been atrocious on the road this season.

bodey24

Staff member
I went heavy on Deandre Hopkins and it paid off so far. I put him in all of my lineups on draftkings and fanduel. If the guys I put around him produce this will be a very nice week for me.

bodey24

Staff member
In my one tournament quite a few people started Brian hoyer. Can someone please explain to me why in the world someone would start a backup qb? Multiple people did it. These people are either idiots or something fishy is going on.

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

I went heavy on Deandre Hopkins and it paid off so far. I put him in all of my lineups on draftkings and fanduel. If the guys I put around him produce this will be a very nice week for me.
I did the same. Worked very well.

His price is still too cheap on FD. I'll go heavy on him until it adjusts

hikeNbike

In my one tournament quite a few people started Brian hoyer. Can someone please explain to me why in the world someone would start a backup qb? Multiple people did it. These people are either idiots or something fishy is going on.
Was wondering the same I know price is cheap. But if Mallet plays whole game would have been a 0.

hikeNbike

This is my first year trying the daily. Do you guys spread the wealth/hedge or is it all in. Meaning if I've got 5 lineups going do I want to start same basic big money players then tinker with bargain players. Or do you also change out your studs?

Also been kind of doing one double up and a few cheaper tournaments. Figure if I can cash in the 50/50. Even if I don't cash in the tournaments than I am even or a little ahead. Also to not go nuts and adhere to a budget no more than 10-15 at risk each week. Regardless if I won or didn't win the previous week. Goal of course is to hit super big on one tournament but as that is a long shot the other goal is too break even for the year by winning most of my 50/50 plays.

ExperiencedRookie

This is my first year trying the daily. Do you guys spread the wealth/hedge or is it all in. Meaning if I've got 5 lineups going do I want to start same basic big money players then tinker with bargain players. Or do you also change out your studs?

Also been kind of doing one double up and a few cheaper tournaments. Figure if I can cash in the 50/50. Even if I don't cash in the tournaments than I am even or a little ahead. Also to not go nuts and adhere to a budget no more than 10-15 at risk each week. Regardless if I won or didn't win the previous week. Goal of course is to hit super big on one tournament but as that is a long shot the other goal is too break even for the year by winning most of my 50/50 plays.

I like your strategy for balancing between 50/50 and tournament entries. I've been doing the same for a few years.

Don't get discouraged if you go the entire year without hitting a decent score in a tournament. Just keep plugging away. It took me 13 weeks when I first started playing tournament entries before I hit anything over $100.

I don't really mix and match as much as I probably should concerning player combos. I'm far more alert about which types of players are good tournament plays with high ceilings and which are good for h2h or 50/50 with high floors.

That being said, I've always got a core group of players that fit each mold, and I slide them in with almost no rhyme or reason and put them with 1 of my QB/WR or QB/TE stacks.

For instance, I'll probably have Jamaal Charles or Todd Gurley in every single lineup I submit this week

hikeNbike

Have Gurley in most of my lineups. I've stacked Eli and Odell in two tournaments then went with a completely off the wall and out of my mind stack of Stafford and Calvin in a super cheap .25 arcade league with tons of players figuring if I lose a a quarter no biggie and figuring there aren't going to be a lot of players choosing that combo.

freyguy

Pick to Click
5 lineups and only 1 cashing with Mondays game left for me. Need Bell and Gates to have pretty big games to even sniff money in my others.

ExperiencedRookie

I suck at this!
ExperiencedRookieWell-Known Member
These are the plays who interest me for their prices on Fan Duel this week.

QB

Tyrod Taylor $7500. I just can’t seem to quit this kid. He’s not really giving me any reason to quit him either. HIT

Jay Cutler $7400. I like what I saw from Jay in his first week back from injury. If Alshon returns, I like Jay for this price. MISS

Alex Smith $6900. Ugh. Can’t believe Im saying this. I actually like Alex this week. At home Vs the Bears. Hard to pass over that matchup for this price. MISS

Blake Bortles $6900. Play against Tampa Bay. Insert any QB in this situation and I like them. HIT

Jamies Winston $6400. This is my PLAY OF THE WEEK at QB. Absolutely dirt cheap, and he’s been insanely consistent as a fantasy QB. 15-20 points every week. Home matchup V Jax this week. PUSH

Kirk Cousins $6400. You know what happens when you have to play against ATL? You have to throw the football a ton to keep up. MISS

RB

Jamaal Charles. $9100. Highest priced RB on FD. I really don’t care though. I like a lot of cheap options at other positions this week. Charles is the most trusted RB at this point for me. MISS BECAUSE OF INJURY

Justin Forsett $7200. Finally saw something out of him last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Home game. No Steve Smith. Nuff said. HIT

Dion Lewis $6900. One of my favorite 50/50 or H2H plays. Hes affordable and dependable. HIT

Todd Gurley $6700. My PLAY OF THE WEEK at RB. This kid looked GOOD last week. Green Bay ranks 27thagainst the rush. The price is more than right to roll with this beast. HIT

Danny Woodhead $6000. Seriously, when are they going to increase this price on this kid? Hes hands down the best RB in San Diego. Top 10 RB in 2015 so far.

Anthony Dixon $4500. This week’s Buffalo gamble play. It’s been a revolving door at RB for them, and decent stats keep on coming. The price this time around is just stupid cheap. MISS

WR

Odell Beckham $9000. Sunday night Prime Time vs SF. That’s real nice, Clark. When spending a ton of money on a WR, Julio will almost certainly be the popular play. I’ll roll with ODB though. HIT

Alshon Jeffrey $7600. One he’s ready to play, Im right there with him. I believe in this kid, and he’s the best thing they’ve got in the passing game. KC has been torched through the air too. NA

Jeremy Maclin $6900. What the hell is wrong with the dudes who make these prices? Maclin is my favorite play for H2H or 50/50. Hes safe. Hes consistent. Has upside too. Matchup is nice this week to boot. PUSH

Vincent Jackson $6800. I like pairing him up with Winston this week on the cheap. This guy is a target monster, and hes making plays for his young QB. MISS

Allen Robinson $6300. Same story. Put him with Bortles and gamble it up in a big tournament. HIT

Pierre Garcon $6200. I pretty much like everything in Washington this week besides the RBs. Going to be targets galore to go around, and with Reed potentially sidelined with a concussion, the WRs could soak up more than usual. MISS

Leonard Hankerson $6000. This price tag is a bit high for my tastes, but never underestimate the power of getting back at your old team. Oh, and its ATL. Oh, and Wash has grocery boys playing CB. MISS

Kamar Aiken $5800. My WR PLAY OF THE WEEK. This price tag is going to come with the potential for a lot of targets. Aiken was pretty effective after Steve left the game last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Nuff said. PUSH

Willie Snead $5300. Disclaimer : I wouldn’t recommend this kid for large tournaments. I don’t mind his floor for 50/50 or H2H though for this price tag. HIT

Jamison Crowder $5200. See Pierre Garcon. More risk. Cheaper price. PUSH

TE

Gronk $8400. If you’ve got the money. Put it here. Outscoring all TEs. He’s played 3 games. They’ve played 4 games. DUH. PUSH

Charles Clay $5700. Still too cheap at TE. All the other TEs in his range are boom or bust. 3 TDs one game and then 3 catches the next game. Clay has been consistent though. Another strong 50/50 or H2H play. MISS

Derek Carrier $4500. WHO?? Jordan Reeds back up. See Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder. For $4500, it might be worth the gamble. PUSH

K

Matt Bryant $4800. Kicking at home against a garbage team. You know what teams do when they have a 2 TD lead? They kick a bunch of FGs instead of trying to make risky conversion plays. MISS

Josh Lambo $4500. This kid has played pretty well for the minimum amount on FD. Playing at home and Pitts D has been rather pliable. J Tucker just blew up against them last week.

D

Denver $4900. Should be the most expensive D. Take advantage until FD adjust. Almost matchup proof. HIT

Baltimore $4500. At home. 10 days rest. Cleveland. You getting the picture yet? MISS

Falcons $4500. I think Kirk Cousins actually enjoys turning the ball over. He’ll be putting it in the air a lot in this one. Pick 6 time. HIT

NYG $4300. My D PLAY OF THE WEEK. Too damn cheap to be playing at home against Colin, who has been atrocious on the road this season. MISS