Dfs talk-week 5 draftkings-fan-duel-and-any-others.

hikeNbike

Not a great week for me in daily but not terrible. Going to lose about 6.00 this week so one day of packing my lunch versus eating out. Do have a small chance to half that loss tomorrow with a good game from Leveon.

Spending the money on Jamal and Gronk sunk me this week but feel like logic was okay. One one of my 50/50 came through. Kind of strange this week cause I was confident in my big money picks and not so much on the bargain plays and for the most part bargain plays played well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hikeNbike

I suck at this!
ExperiencedRookieWell-Known Member
These are the plays who interest me for their prices on Fan Duel this week.

QB

Tyrod Taylor $7500. I just can’t seem to quit this kid. He’s not really giving me any reason to quit him either. HIT

Jay Cutler $7400. I like what I saw from Jay in his first week back from injury. If Alshon returns, I like Jay for this price. MISS

Alex Smith $6900. Ugh. Can’t believe Im saying this. I actually like Alex this week. At home Vs the Bears. Hard to pass over that matchup for this price. MISS

Blake Bortles $6900. Play against Tampa Bay. Insert any QB in this situation and I like them. HIT

Jamies Winston $6400. This is my PLAY OF THE WEEK at QB. Absolutely dirt cheap, and he’s been insanely consistent as a fantasy QB. 15-20 points every week. Home matchup V Jax this week. PUSH

Kirk Cousins $6400. You know what happens when you have to play against ATL? You have to throw the football a ton to keep up. MISS

RB

Jamaal Charles. $9100. Highest priced RB on FD. I really don’t care though. I like a lot of cheap options at other positions this week. Charles is the most trusted RB at this point for me. MISS BECAUSE OF INJURY

Justin Forsett $7200. Finally saw something out of him last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Home game. No Steve Smith. Nuff said. HIT

Dion Lewis $6900. One of my favorite 50/50 or H2H plays. Hes affordable and dependable. HIT

Todd Gurley $6700. My PLAY OF THE WEEK at RB. This kid looked GOOD last week. Green Bay ranks 27thagainst the rush. The price is more than right to roll with this beast. HIT

Danny Woodhead $6000. Seriously, when are they going to increase this price on this kid? Hes hands down the best RB in San Diego. Top 10 RB in 2015 so far.

Anthony Dixon $4500. This week’s Buffalo gamble play. It’s been a revolving door at RB for them, and decent stats keep on coming. The price this time around is just stupid cheap. MISS

WR

Odell Beckham $9000. Sunday night Prime Time vs SF. That’s real nice, Clark. When spending a ton of money on a WR, Julio will almost certainly be the popular play. I’ll roll with ODB though. HIT

Alshon Jeffrey $7600. One he’s ready to play, Im right there with him. I believe in this kid, and he’s the best thing they’ve got in the passing game. KC has been torched through the air too. NA

Jeremy Maclin $6900. What the hell is wrong with the dudes who make these prices? Maclin is my favorite play for H2H or 50/50. Hes safe. Hes consistent. Has upside too. Matchup is nice this week to boot. PUSH

Vincent Jackson $6800. I like pairing him up with Winston this week on the cheap. This guy is a target monster, and hes making plays for his young QB. MISS

Allen Robinson $6300. Same story. Put him with Bortles and gamble it up in a big tournament. HIT

Pierre Garcon $6200. I pretty much like everything in Washington this week besides the RBs. Going to be targets galore to go around, and with Reed potentially sidelined with a concussion, the WRs could soak up more than usual. MISS

Leonard Hankerson $6000. This price tag is a bit high for my tastes, but never underestimate the power of getting back at your old team. Oh, and its ATL. Oh, and Wash has grocery boys playing CB. MISS

Kamar Aiken $5800. My WR PLAY OF THE WEEK. This price tag is going to come with the potential for a lot of targets. Aiken was pretty effective after Steve left the game last week. 10 days rest. Cleveland Browns. Nuff said. PUSH

Willie Snead $5300. Disclaimer : I wouldn’t recommend this kid for large tournaments. I don’t mind his floor for 50/50 or H2H though for this price tag. HIT

Jamison Crowder $5200. See Pierre Garcon. More risk. Cheaper price. PUSH

TE

Gronk $8400. If you’ve got the money. Put it here. Outscoring all TEs. He’s played 3 games. They’ve played 4 games. DUH. PUSH

Charles Clay $5700. Still too cheap at TE. All the other TEs in his range are boom or bust. 3 TDs one game and then 3 catches the next game. Clay has been consistent though. Another strong 50/50 or H2H play. MISS

Derek Carrier $4500. WHO?? Jordan Reeds back up. See Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder. For $4500, it might be worth the gamble. PUSH

K

Matt Bryant $4800. Kicking at home against a garbage team. You know what teams do when they have a 2 TD lead? They kick a bunch of FGs instead of trying to make risky conversion plays. MISS

Josh Lambo $4500. This kid has played pretty well for the minimum amount on FD. Playing at home and Pitts D has been rather pliable. J Tucker just blew up against them last week.

D

Denver $4900. Should be the most expensive D. Take advantage until FD adjust. Almost matchup proof. HIT

Baltimore $4500. At home. 10 days rest. Cleveland. You getting the picture yet? MISS

Falcons $4500. I think Kirk Cousins actually enjoys turning the ball over. He’ll be putting it in the air a lot in this one. Pick 6 time. HIT

NYG $4300. My D PLAY OF THE WEEK. Too damn cheap to be playing at home against Colin, who has been atrocious on the road this season. MISS
Hey man I appreciate all the help and I need to thank you for the Crockett Gillmore start a few weeks ago I pit him in and he scored big if not for my opponent going nuts would have won it for me that week. Some skill and a lot of luck for things to come together on daily as I am seeing. Learning a lot. Did parlay Bortles Robinson and Snead into a pretty good score keeping me out of the bagel. Gronk and Jamal and Giants disappointing this week hurt me. You had quite a lot if hits just getting the right mix I guess for it all to come together in one week. Feel like logic was good.

Last edited:

ExperiencedRookie

Hey man I appreciate all the help and I need to thank you for the Crockett Gillmore start a few weeks ago I pit him in and he scored big if not for my opponent going nuts would have won it for me that week. Some skill and a lot of luck for things to come together on daily as I am seeing. Learning a lot. Did parlay Bortles Robinson and Snead into a pretty good score keeping me out of the bagel. Gronk and Jamal and Giants disappointing this week hurt me. You had quite a lot if hits just getting the right mix I guess for it all to come together in one week. Feel like logic was good.

Glad Crocket worked out well for you.

Yeah, I guess my picks did ok, but Id like to hit them more often than miss. I do try to stay away from the high priced players and highlight cheaper guys instead. Easier to miss that way when you gamble more I guess

hikeNbike

That's just ridiculous. I'm starting to think the tournaments are too hard and that it's just a pipe dream.

Better to grind out the H2Hs and 50/50s
I agree it's pretty tough. One tournament I was in finished with 182 pts in draft kings and finished approx 17000th place and a a very small cash.Didnt really whiff on anyone in the lineup as every one got me at least 10 and did have big points from Snead, Leveon, Beckham and Eli. On the other hand played a 50 50 and cashed at 134 pts.

Pretty tough to cash in the tournaments. Don't really know if people are just way too good or if they have multiple entries and a couple cashed big for them. Some of rhe tournaments allow 200 entries. I certainly don't have 600 to throw down on fantasy but I am curious to know if others are just rotating a bunch of combinations in hopes they hit it big or if the winners are just submitting one or a couple entries and just making all the right calls.

Will probably continue to play them but temper expectations. Thinking play 3 double ups for $3 each total of 9 then 1-3 tournaments for $3 total. 3 one dollar or 1 3 dollar. Hope to win at least two of the double ups to break even for the week. Or all three to put me ahead by a couple of bucks even if I don't cash on the tournaments.

ExperiencedRookie

I agree it's pretty tough. One tournament I was in finished with 182 pts in draft kings and finished approx 17000th place and a a very small cash.Didnt really whiff on anyone in the lineup as every one got me at least 10 and did have big points from Snead, Leveon, Beckham and Eli. On the other hand played a 50 50 and cashed at 134 pts.

Pretty tough to cash in the tournaments. Don't really know if people are just way too good or if they have multiple entries and a couple cashed big for them. Some of rhe tournaments allow 200 entries. I certainly don't have 600 to throw down on fantasy but I am curious to know if others are just rotating a bunch of combinations in hopes they hit it big or if the winners are just submitting one or a couple entries and just making all the right calls.

Will probably continue to play them but temper expectations. Thinking play 3 double ups for $3 each total of 9 then 1-3 tournaments for $3 total. 3 one dollar or 1 3 dollar. Hope to win at least two of the double ups to break even for the week. Or all three to put me ahead by a couple of bucks even if I don't cash on the tournaments.

With the size of the fields, it's only natural for those insane nearly perfect combinations to show up.

I'm switching gears this weekend and taking on the "pros" in H2Hs and scouting out as many fish as I can for H2H. More 50/50s as well

hikeNbike

How do you determine on the head to head people are newbies? You can pick who you are against but is it just based in username a gut feeling they are not pros. Or maybe pros don't waste time on low dollar head to heads by in large?

Last edited:

jjtweeks

I looked at my history in fanduel and my winning percentages in the double triple and quintuple ups is over 90 percent so maybe I should just load up on then every week

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ExperiencedRookie

How do you determine on the head to head people are newbies? You can pick who you are against but is it just based in username a gut feeling they are not pros. Or maybe pros don't waste time on low dollar head to heads by in large?

You can click on their user names and see how many wins they have in all the different sports. Can also see the date that they opened their account.

Anybody with sub 300 NFL wins that's been around for a while or a brand new account with low activity is who you'd like to find. You have to be VERY fast though. If say you've got 60 seconds or less to enter a H2H against anyone like that before someone else who is lurking looking for fresh meat scoops them up.

A lot of the time when I spend a few extra seconds researching my opponent, by the time I go back to the lobby to enter the H2H contest with them someone else has already beat me to it.

It's easy to tell who the grinders are. Dudes with a H2H that says MaxDulary X 54 should be your first clue. Only a true DFS grinder is willing to put the same lineup against that many other ppl for $5 a crack.

That being said, these guys don't have a crystal ball. I decided to take one of them on in H2H last week for the hell of it. His lineup only scored 98 points. He was accepting over 100 challengers with that lineup. Hard to imagine 98 points winning better than 55% of the time.

There's a flip side to that too. My buddy did the same thing last week. He found the biggest pro grinder he could find and took him on H2H. Dude scored 189. If he submitted that lineup in a ton of H2Hs he probay won 90% of them, if not 100%

hikeNbike

Never done the head to head except versus a coworker. Looks like when I click on username just try to enter me in the contest. Maybe this is one of those things you need to do on the computer rather than the app. On the phone. Will check it out tonight. Or I could just create a contest but seeing as how I am a newbie on dk pretty sure I'll be scooped up by a shark.

ExperiencedRookie

Never done the head to head except versus a coworker. Looks like when I click on username just try to enter me in the contest. Maybe this is one of those things you need to do on the computer rather than the app. On the phone. Will check it out tonight. Or I could just create a contest but seeing as how I am a newbie on dk pretty sure I'll be scooped up by a shark.

That's exactly what will happen.